Pattaya tourism: After the doom and gloom comes optimism! Pattaya expecting millions and billions!

webfact

11 hours ago, Rikito said:

Was walking last evening in the "walking street". Hundreds of Asian groups walking behind a flag, but impossible to stop one second (in any case, all their expenses had been prepaid for long; beers or sodas not included, but no time to stop; the flag has to be followed ...)

Tourist numbers up, but money from them down. 

Unless establishments can charge them for taking photos, many will not be able to justify remaining open.

Welcome to the new Pattaya. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, mercman24 said:

i think he has been on some that seized yabba, maybe he went to the tremple like a girl i know, comes back full of *good luck* nothing happens ,duh !! how does that song go, what a difference a day makes,  24 hours , he he

My wife went to the temple for good luck, i had to phone her to come back home one of the dogs had died. ????

14 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

I have just seen some breaking news that Norwegain Air are stopping all flights to Thailand - due to lack of demand.

10 to 15 years ago Soi Welcome and Soi White House in Jomtien were wall to wall with Swedes, Danes and Norwegians. Now.....almost none.

Those 2 Sois could be used as a guage to the success of a "high" season, which used to run from Oct/Nov through to Mar/Apr. Now.....Dec to Jan at most if they are lucky.

Pattaya is a sea side city, in the Tropics where the Winter weather is plus 20

or hotter. This is a draw for the tourists from Europe and Russia and Northern China, where Winter

temperatures are in the minuses, just like they are in Canada, and some of the USA.

Vietnam, and other Asian countries are also near the Equator so also get

the tourists from colder countries, and even Australia where it is hot as now

the Summer there is approaching.  This is why there will always be a few tourists show up

as long as they can get a reasonable priced room, and the food is still not too

expensive.  The beer is still cheaper than in Canada, so I will be back for a few more years yet. Next year I will explore Vietnam as some of my friends have been there and have enjoyed

their vacations.

Geezer

On November 29, 2019 at 7:34 PM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Pattaya is a sea side city, in the Tropics where the Winter weather is plus 20

or hotter. This is a draw for the tourists from Europe and Russia and Northern China, where Winter

temperatures are in the minuses, just like they are in Canada, and some of the USA.

Vietnam, and other Asian countries are also near the Equator so also get

the tourists from colder countries, and even Australia where it is hot as now

the Summer there is approaching.  This is why there will always be a few tourists show up

as long as they can get a reasonable priced room, and the food is still not too

expensive.  The beer is still cheaper than in Canada, so I will be back for a few more years yet. Next year I will explore Vietnam as some of my friends have been there and have enjoyed

their vacations.

Geezer

Hate to bust your balls buddy, there are many places in Thailand where beer is more expensive than Canada.

On 12/1/2019 at 7:25 AM, mushroomdave said:

Well, they are deterring the Taiwanese now too.....wonder who else is on their list with this new stupid requirement:  "Thailand visa requires proof of finances from Taiwanese"

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3827292?fbclid=IwAR33m-jnN5ALmihJo1Zt-LB7oqIdVrubJbyJT3HJb2EJsuqqSsfcE4T2zc8

You mean on China's list. 

On 11/30/2019 at 11:34 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Next year I will explore Vietnam as some of my friends have been there and have enjoyed

their vacations.

And after an enjoyable vacation in Vietnam, will you and your friends come back to Thailand, or chose Vietnam for your holidays in thefuture?

What is Thailand doing to retain you and your friends?  Zerooooooooooo.

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even if it was true, why would it be a good thing? Too many people ruined Pattaya and he wants more.

Won't be seeing me there.

He doesn't WANT more.  He NEEDS more.

They need to ram Pattaya with so many cheap package holiday makers, just to get anywhere near the revenue that used to be generated by the previous western tourist market.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 12:11 AM, globalspark said:

Last Western please turn of the light we won't be back too soon trust me.You had the best tourists in the world .Now tour buses polluting the air here today gone tomorrow.

Yes, the Indian, Chinese, and Russian market is not a stable market. 

TAT believe they are stable, due to the huge populations of these countries, but their governments, economies, and currencies, are not stable enough to build your tourism industry around, in my opinion. 

We saw this when the sanctions were put on Russian, after they invaded Ukraine.  Russian tourism dried up. 

Archived