Honda PCX Hybrid

Pinot

• 2 weeks later...

BTW Damrongsak, did you only get one key with your Hybrid ?

I bought my bike from an acquantaince when it was 5 weeks old and 5xx kms but he only had one key plus two black strip things that enable you to open the seat if battery flat I believe.

I've never lost a bike or car key yet but Sod's Law and all that.............

I presume I could buy another from the Honda dealer, I will ask when it goes for it's 1000 Km service in a month or so.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:12 AM, transam said:

Our PCX is now coming up to 11 years old, 2 batteries and rear brake shoes.

Don't think I would go down the high tech route of a hybrid on a ride that costs very little to run...

It is cheap to run and I'm not sure I'd go hybrid again. Here's the thing...it's faster. It only cost 7000 baht more. I've said before, it feels like a PCX with a turbo. That isn't much money for getting a quicker bike. It's not like the price difference between the standard 911 and the turbo charged. Gas savings are negligable so it comes down to do you want more speed? 

Only one key with the bike. I think all PCXs and ADVs are like that. I think same as the Clicks. Another key is something like 1000 baht. They sell them on Lazada. I don't know how they get programmed. 

• Like 2

The hybrids from Yamaha are only an extra 3K. Same advantages of better acceleration. Small fuel saving , but you should factor in the replacement cost of the batteries. Which could negate any fuel savings. Interesting and welcome choice though.

How does a hybrid system in a PCX improve speed? It only works at about 3000 rpm. It is simply a small shove when pulling away from a standstill. Even it it did deploy at max power the extra 1.8 hp would probably only exhibit an increase in speed the width of a speedo needle. If it had one.

Weight is the enemy, wind is the obstacle. 

Hybrid/electric drive does get interesting if it is done properly. Low end? Renault Clio. High end? Koenigsegg Gemera.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, Pinot said:

It is cheap to run and I'm not sure I'd go hybrid again. Here's the thing...it's faster. It only cost 7000 baht more.

Are there regional price variations ?

I have the original invoice for mine from 20/2/20 and it is exactly 110,000 incl VAT. Standard PCX I believe is around 89k here. (Hua Hin)

(I bought it off the original buyer 2/4/20 with 5xx KMs for 90 k which included 1st class ins costing 4500 and a 'lucky' (his words) number)

On 4/21/2020 at 10:27 AM, Pinot said:

Only one key with the bike. I think all PCXs and ADVs are like that. I think same as the Clicks. Another key is something like 1000 baht. They sell them on Lazada. I don't know how they get programmed. 

Just did a quick search on Lazada and only saw key covers, no actual key.

On 4/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, VocalNeal said:

How does a hybrid system in a PCX improve speed? It only works at about 3000 rpm. It is simply a small shove when pulling away from a standstill. Even it it did deploy at max power the extra 1.8 hp would probably only exhibit an increase in speed the width of a speedo needle. If it had one.

Weight is the enemy, wind is the obstacle. 

Hybrid/electric drive does get interesting if it is done properly. Low end? Renault Clio. High end? Koenigsegg Gemera.

Off the line or whenever you gas it. the electric motor kicks in for 3-4 seconds along with the regular engine. It's subtle but the extra acceleration is noticeable. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:05 PM, YorkshireTyke said:

Are there regional price variations ?

I have the original invoice for mine from 20/2/20 and it is exactly 110,000 incl VAT. Standard PCX I believe is around 89k here. (Hua Hin)

(I bought it off the original buyer 2/4/20 with 5xx KMs for 90 k which included 1st class ins costing 4500 and a 'lucky' (his words) number)

I paid 99K out the door with insurance, I believe the regular PCX was 92k. 

On 4/22/2020 at 12:12 PM, YorkshireTyke said:

Just did a quick search on Lazada and only saw key covers, no actual key.

I saw them on Lazada a couple of weeks ago. Available at any dealer 1000b I believe. 

• Like 1