Late Night Drinking Options

brotherother

what area of bangkok will you be staying ?  most bars are open until 2am or 3am.  nightclubs like insanity stay open later than that.  some smaller bars will not close until the last customer has left.  they just shut the door and close the curtains as if the place is closed and you continue drinking until you feel it is time to go back home.

There are always the absolute crapholes, the dawn of humanity, true hellholes - if you think infinity is bottom of the bottom - nope, let me introduce you to the real bottom: 

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293916-d1898167-Reviews-Shock_39_Nightclub-Bangkok.html 

http://kohspot.com/bangkok/scratch-dog-we-white-boy-wasted/

Shock 39 and Scratch Dog, just to name a few - are usually open all night long, they are however extremely filthy, horrible, degenerate places - you might like it with 2 promille of alcohol and upwards.

4 minutes ago, brotherother said:

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

What'd be good is for a place that shows sport.

Lower Sukhumvit area ideally.

Cheers

Soi 20/22 have sportsbar, open till 2 am usually: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d3864699-Reviews-The_Sport_Corner_Sports_Bar_and_Grill-Bangkok.html

Next door is ottos bar and co - open long too, but good chance to get ripped off by dirty cops when leaving. Same area as Scratch Dog ...

gentlemen, are we sure penny black and scratch dog are still operating ?  i'm happy to be corrected but i'm pretty sure penny black closed down.  and the space that scratch dog occupies seems to change hands/names every couple of years.  same with the 'club' space at the holiday inn on soi 22.  i only ask the question as i'm in the area often and never hear anyone suggest going to these places (i've been to penny black years ago).  i'd check myself but i'm in bed by 11pm, 12 max (most nights !!  i miss my goal every now and then....).

OP, again, it would help if you mentioned the time.  as an example, the kiwi bar on a side soi of soi 8 is open somewhat late and has sport.  but it won't help you at 3am.  in lower sukhumvit there is a bar called bully's but they close at 1am, maybe 2am.

1 hour ago, buick said:

gentlemen, are we sure penny black and scratch dog are still operating ?  i'm happy to be corrected but i'm pretty sure penny black closed down.  

Not sure, Penny Blacks was still there not too long ago as I sadly ended up in there until about 5am. 

3 hours ago, buick said:

gentlemen, are we sure penny black and scratch dog are still operating ?  i'm happy to be corrected but i'm pretty sure penny black closed down.  and the space that scratch dog occupies seems to change hands/names every couple of years.  same with the 'club' space at the holiday inn on soi 22.  i only ask the question as i'm in the area often and never hear anyone suggest going to these places (i've been to penny black years ago).  i'd check myself but i'm in bed by 11pm, 12 max (most nights !!  i miss my goal every now and then....).

OP, again, it would help if you mentioned the time.  as an example, the kiwi bar on a side soi of soi 8 is open somewhat late and has sport.  but it won't help you at 3am.  in lower sukhumvit there is a bar called bully's but they close at 1am, maybe 2am.

I suppose what I meant to say was "after hours" as opposed to "late night" places, so perhaps from 02:00 onwards.

Regarding the sport aspect I was thinking live Champions League football, so UK games starting around 02:30 Thai time.

Plenty of recent Google reviews for Penny Black (my favourite being "They serve drinks."), with the latest being from two weeks ago, so presumably it is open.

5 hours ago, moontang said:

A trip advisor post from 2016 states Otto's is closed, FYI.  That is the last area in the entire country I would want to be extortion bait.

It's not closed, never was imo.

Maybe temporary for renovation, but i live close by and it's always open.

Talking about this hole: https://www.facebook.com/Otto-Bar-and-Bistro-Sports-Bar-562091603823643/?hc_location=ufi

4 hours ago, moontang said:

https://www.beiotto.com/

Says back under German management since 2017..so perhaps, there was a temporary closure.  Hard to trust TripAdvisor.

This is the bakery/restaurant down the street, different from ottos bar which is at the corner and a heavy metal place with an hilarious iron maiden cover band. 

Queenspark plaza is usually also open late i think... same street.

11 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

It's not closed, never was imo.

Maybe temporary for renovation, but i live close by and it's always open.

Talking about this hole: https://www.facebook.com/Otto-Bar-and-Bistro-Sports-Bar-562091603823643/?hc_location=ufi

This is the bakery/restaurant down the street, different from ottos bar which is at the corner and a heavy metal place with an hilarious iron maiden cover band. 

Queenspark plaza is usually also open late i think... same street.

Queenspark Plaza, on Suk soi 22, is indeed open until at least 2:00 a.m. 

Bei Otto is on soi 20, so not the same street.  

as noted by others, penny black is still operating their late night club (they also have a short time room operation).  i walked by last night and asked them.  as one poster noted, i also had the misfortune of ending up there until nearly sunrise, it wasn't my best night and maybe i just wanted it to be closed !! 

penny black is more of a nightclub and i don't think you'll get any champions league in there.  i'll ask around now that i know more specifics.  i know a couple guys that work nights and start their evenings at about midnight and they like UK sports.

If you have the ca$h, LEvels Club, Insanity Club, Sugar Club on Sukhumvit or even the Poseidon Brothel Adult Entertainement Center on the Airport direction....all good till 4 am at least but check before for timings as nothing is consistent. If you are friendly enough, the taxi can bring you there for free as they get a good commission....

Start on soi Cowboy during happy hour. Work your way up to soi 11.

After your stroll down soi 11 walk up to soi 7/1. Then onto soi 7 Beer garden. Then onto soi 5 Gullivers. After Gullivers meander up to nana soi 4. Start at Nana plaza and continue on both sides of Nana. Many interesting sites. Let us know how you like it

On 11/30/2019 at 3:10 AM, brotherother said:

Regarding the sport aspect I was thinking live Champions League football, so UK games starting around 02:30 Thai time.

OP, my two friends that watch champions league said they can't find a spot to watch the games live.  they end up watching replays during the day.

if your #1 goal is to watch those games live, then i'd suggest starting a new thread to ask where you can watch them live in BKK.

Late night drinking dens, pubs, clubs, bars...after 2am? There are non anymore. Bullys is a regular pub full of Arabs.  nothing special at all. Anything around Asoke is too dangerous because of the cops. The days of Tunnel and swing are long gone. The Junta closed down bangkok. Is insanity on soi 12 still there? I challenge anybody to tell me anywhere I can get a drink after 2am. The Golden Bar long gone. Themaes used to open till 7am now 1am. Even the cheap street bars and restaurants on Sukhumvit that used to open at midnight have driven off the streets. Sukhumvit now has the charm of a used condom. There is no late nightlife anymore in Bangkok, no drinking dens, no big dance clubs.  Stockport is more fun. I would be very happy to be proved wrong. I moved to Pattaya because bangkok became a sterile dump. 

Archived