Australian bikie could face death penalty in Thailand after drugs allegedly found 'in fridge and candle'

webfact

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, chricha said:

Rob, in the West, a biker is someone who rides a motorcycle as a means of transport.
A bikie belongs to a gang who ride motorcycles as a way of life and are often (but not always) involved in criminal activities. Calling someone a bikie is usually not a compliment ????

Never heard anyone called s "Biker" in Australia, they are all "Bikies"

8 hours ago, NoComment said:

Good job by the Thai Police.

If found guilty he will probably die in the monkey house because he will there for many many years. If  he receives the death penalty his suffering will be over quickly.

Drugs and Thailand do not mix together. He knew that, the Nigerian knew that and everyone reading this article knows DO NOT USE/DEAL DRUGS in The Kingdom of Thailand.

How many youngsters and people are either dead or addicted to "ice" because of this guy?

I can't have any sympathy for these dealers and suppliers who are killing others on a daily basis.

Congratulations and well done to the Thailand Police.

The scum of society.

5 hours ago, rtco said:

What it means is the police were acting like a bunch of Keystone Cops (especially the one in the white shirt who had to be helped over the gate) ... if you don't know what/who they are try this ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystone_Cops

A couple of vicious dogs on the other side of the gates would have been fun to watch as the Keystone Cops dropped to the ground.

17 hours ago, chricha said:

The death penalty is wrong in all circumstances.
Once someone is executed there is no possibilty of a retrial with new evidence
The countries which still have it say it is a deterrent. 
So why is there still drug trafficing and murder? 

There is a simple solution to the "drug problem" 
Legalise all drugs just like Tobacco and Alcohol and tax at point of sale 
This means instead of funding the terrorists and even whole countries with the astounding profits,
the users pay directly for the health systems which currently support them AT OUR EXPENSE

There are only two groups who profit from the current drug distribution regime but everyone is addicted.
1. Drug producers and distributors making billions of dollars profit illegally. 
Most of these are criminals and they are addicted to the drugs trade as much as the end users. What other commodity has such as markup - cocaine has a street price of $US165 per gram or 165,000 per kilo?
2. Law enforcement agencies who are now mostly dependent on OUR MONEY to fund catching all players in the drug market.  Because the profits are so vast they only catch a small proportion of the trade and there is substantial corruption. The Law is also addicted to the drugs trade as whole agencies spend large budgets occasionally catching the slow learners.

Take the huge profits out of the business and most of the criminal networks will collapse. 
But of course we will have to find work for the millions of drug law enforcement employees!

I won't hold my breath. Too many politicians have made a name for themselves selling Law and Order packages

You’re an idiot.  The death penalty is most certainly warranted and severely underused. The reason countries that have the death penalty still have rampant murder and drug trafficking is because they don’t use it. If they did it would act as a deterrent. If  someone commits premeditated murder that person deserves the death penalty without question. It not only rids society of murderers it will serve as a deterrent to other would be murderers bent on the same course if it is used.  If Individuals know there is no real consequence to their actions be it murder or selling drugs, which also kills people, then what is to prevent them from doing it?   Yeah, let’s put them in overcrowded prisons with the hopes of rehabilitating them or legalize it and kill innocent people that way.  No the right thing is to kill these people every time someone is caught.  The ones that take their place will start thinking twice no matter how much money they hope to gain.

17 hours ago, chricha said:

The death penalty is wrong in all circumstances.
Once someone is executed there is no possibilty of a retrial with new evidence
The countries which still have it say it is a deterrent. 
So why is there still drug trafficing and murder? 

There is a simple solution to the "drug problem" 
Legalise all drugs just like Tobacco and Alcohol and tax at point of sale 
This means instead of funding the terrorists and even whole countries with the astounding profits,
the users pay directly for the health systems which currently support them AT OUR EXPENSE

There are only two groups who profit from the current drug distribution regime but everyone is addicted.
1. Drug producers and distributors making billions of dollars profit illegally. 
Most of these are criminals and they are addicted to the drugs trade as much as the end users. What other commodity has such as markup - cocaine has a street price of $US165 per gram or 165,000 per kilo?
2. Law enforcement agencies who are now mostly dependent on OUR MONEY to fund catching all players in the drug market.  Because the profits are so vast they only catch a small proportion of the trade and there is substantial corruption. The Law is also addicted to the drugs trade as whole agencies spend large budgets occasionally catching the slow learners.

Take the huge profits out of the business and most of the criminal networks will collapse. 
But of course we will have to find work for the millions of drug law enforcement employees!

I won't hold my breath. Too many politicians have made a name for themselves selling Law and Order packages

“Savage" Thai husband puts wife in headlock, covers her in gasoline and lights her - she is barely alive

Tell me this case doesn’t deserve the death penalty.  Wake up

On 11/29/2019 at 8:14 AM, z42 said:

A certain deputy minister was sentenced for his role on the distribution of 4kg or so of Heroin in no less than Australia.

So if he were to receive a death sentence for a fraction of the amount it would seem rather unjust.

Aside though, good to hear that the Ice has been removed from the system as its harm potential is scarily high.

z42,Everyboby has to realise that every country is entitled to make their own laws and and set their penalty and if you get caught committing a crime in Thailand and you are an Australian you cannot complain about the penalty when it is much worse than your home country which is Pxss weak.

21 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

And yet Prayuth and Co talk of decriminalising ya-ba, which is easily available and affordable and sends its users stir crazy! 

How contradictory is this?

Yaba is amphetamine and already legal in the west under prescription. It's already all over the place. Decriminalization and quality control would likely not worsen the situation. 

9 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Yaba is amphetamine and already legal in the west under prescription. It's already all over the place. Decriminalization and quality control would likely not worsen the situation. 

Does the pharmacy sell glass bbq's to use with your prescription ice ?

5 hours ago, car720 said:

Who in hell calls a bikie a biker.  Prince Charles???  :cheesy:

Every Brit I know. Just means someone who rides motorcycles as a hobby. My closest friend, who is staying with me ATM, refers to himself as a biker, (has 3 motorcyles, one vintage, one veteran and one new, all Triumph) as I did in my youth. Not derogatory. Brits usually refer to motorcycle gang members as Hells Angels.

Meanwhile 400,000 people have died on Thai roads in the last 10 years yet these people are considered a menace to society?Doctors sell drugs every day and are esteemed in society but when a guy that rides a motor bike sells drug he is to be put to death?Many have died taking drugs sold by doctors. 

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I am familiar with the family of drugs to which yaba belongs. My wife was formerly the partner of a Thai yaba addict who was a walking advertisement as to why we should do all we can to limit its wider use. Luckily for her, the deranged brute died young.

According to the medical literature,the health problems associated with amphetamines include paranoia, hostility or agitation, nausea, vomiting, toxic psychosis, physiological and behavioral disorders, irregular heartbeat, breathing troubles, mood swings, mental instability, culvulsions or seizures, heart failure, mental illness, malnutrition, coma, and death. 

The idea of making such a potentially hazardous - and addictive - substance available "all over the place" is disquieting to many of us aware of its effects, not to say utterly incomprehensible to my wife and other innocent victims of its devastatingly destructive capabilities.  

6 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

I am familiar with the family of drugs to which yaba belongs. My wife was formerly the partner of a Thai yaba addict who was a walking advertisement as to why we should do all we can to limit its wider use. Luckily for her, the deranged brute died young.

According to the medical literature,the health problems associated with amphetamines include paranoia, hostility or agitation, nausea, vomiting, toxic psychosis, physiological and behavioral disorders, irregular heartbeat, breathing troubles, mood swings, mental instability, culvulsions or seizures, heart failure, mental illness, malnutrition, coma, and death. 

The idea of making such a potentially hazardous - and addictive - substance available "all over the place" is disquieting to many of us aware of its effects, not to say utterly incomprehensible to my wife and other victims of its devastatingly destructive capabilities.  

So basically change nothing and hope it will go away. Solid plan. 

By the way you could replace amphetamine in your post by alcool and it would make no difference. 

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Every Brit I know. Just means someone who rides motorcycles as a hobby. My closest friend, who is staying with me ATM, refers to himself as a biker, (has 3 motorcyles, one vintage, one veteran and one new, all Triumph) as I did in my youth. Not derogatory. Brits usually refer to motorcycle gang members as Hells Angels.

I rest my case. :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

So basically change nothing and hope it will go away. Solid plan. 

By the way you could replace amphetamine in your post by alcool and it would make no difference. 

Oh there is huge difference in the physical and psychological impacts and reactions of and to methamphetamine, amphetamine, and alcohol. The prescription medications are also produced differently, and with prescribed ingredients, street drugs are of questionable purity due to many factors. Effects of both can be devastating.

Alcohol can also be damaging on many levels.

Comparisons need to be made judiciously 

On 11/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, rtco said:
On 11/29/2019 at 2:36 PM, Just Weird said:

What's that supposed to mean on this thread?

What it means is the police were acting like a bunch of Keystone Cops (especially the one in the white shirt who had to be helped over the gate) 

It seems that you must think that the Keystone Kops were particularly adept at their job by making the comparison on this thread which shows a very successful operation by the RTP.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh there is huge difference in the physical and psychological impacts and reactions of and to methamphetamine, amphetamine, and alcohol. The prescription medications are also produced differently, and with prescribed ingredients, street drugs are of questionable purity due to many factors. Effects of both can be devastating.

Alcohol can also be damaging on many levels.

Comparisons need to be made judiciously 

Prescription medication are the same substance less the impurities. Dosage is also controlled and you need supervision of a doctor to reduce risk. This only strengthen the case for legalisation. 

Also a lot of addict dont only use one substance at a time but often mix with alcohol. So their issues are caused by more than one factor.

Lots of alcoholic beat their wife, endanger others by driving, get aggressive, etc. Yet nobody suggest making alcohol illegal. It has been tried already and it was a failure. Drugs are not less accessible when illegal so this is also a failure. 

Archived