Why is TVF becoming such an unusable website?

thaibeachlovers

Who is running this forum? All that is happening is that it's becoming worse and worse to use.

Topped off by the pop up VDOs that intrude over the forum page so I have to delete them to be able to post a reply or even read the other posts. There have been multiple complaints about that, but still plaguing me.

I recently changed to high speed fiber and that hasn't made any difference in the speed which is PATHETIC. Most of us probably know why this is a slow forum, but not allowed to discuss that.

Apart from the pathetic speed of the page loading, when I change to another sub forum the page jumps all over the place, so when I try to click on The Pub, I end up looking at something on the Krabi sub forum. Sometimes I get fooled up to 3 times and each time I have to wait interminably for the page to settle down before trying again.

If I want to highlight any part of the post, I sometimes have to try multiple times before it highlights, and usually give up. The emoticons on each post only work sometimes, and often take up to 5 or 6 goes. The only one that usually works is the like button, so I can't use the other ones

As for the emojis, gimme strength. FIVE MINUTES to post an emoji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No other forum is like this so it's exclusive to TVF. 

There is a part of the forum that actually works, and that is when using the PM function- no problems at all. However, the things we are not allowed to discuss don't appear on the PM page. Not hard to work out what the problem is.

I remember when TVF actually worked properly, but every time it's "upgraded" it becomes more unreliable, harder to use and more annoying.

Call me not impressed.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another problem I forgot to mention is that half the time I can't move the cursor back in the text if I make a mistake. It took me 5 goes to just make the cursor appear on the last sentence so I could put a full stop on it. If the only way to move the cursor is to use the up and down and sideways keys it's a DRAG.

I've been complaining about the speed of this forum for years, and nothing is done. Now it's functionality is becoming dire.

I'm wondering if I should just not bother any more, as it seems that if it goes on like this, I'm just going to go mental. 

I'll carry on but I can't say for how long I will continue to put up with <deleted> pop up VDOs blocking the page. 

Does anyone in charge care about the users experience?

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess for some people their screen resolution might be a problem. On my 1920 pixel wide screen the forum works alright.

Yes, there are lots of ads which is a little annoying, but all in all it works.

I use a large TV screen instead of the supplied screen for my computer, no problems.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess for some people their screen resolution might be a problem. On my 1920 pixel wide screen the forum works alright.

Yes, there are lots of ads which is a little annoying, but all in all it works.

I'm sure the problem is caused by the width of the screen. I use a tablet. If I were willing to rent a house and buy a big screen the problem of the pop up VDOs might go away, but would the speed increase, would the cursor work properly, would emojis be faster?

Unless someone else is willing to pay for me to find out, it's not going to happen.

The point is that people use different screens now- it's ( 20 clicks to get the cursor to work ) not like the old days where everyone used a big screen. I can only suppose the code writers use a big screen and don't test it on small screens, which should not happen.

It's not like this is just a problem on this computer, at this location. I've used different computers and different screens in different countries and the speed has always been a problem. The cursor and the pop up VDOs are new.

I don't have a problem with functionality on a different forum, ergo the problem is with TVF.

NB PLEASE DO NOT offer ways to circumvent the ads. That got the last thread I started about this problem closed. Forum rules do not allow discussion of ways to block ads.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure the problem is caused by the width of the screen. I use a tablet. If I were willing to rent a house and buy a big screen the problem of the pop up VDOs might go away, but would the speed increase, would the cursor work properly, would emojis be faster?

Unless someone else is willing to pay for me to find out, it's not going to happen.

The point is that people use different screens now- it's ( 20 clicks to get the cursor to work ) not like the old days where everyone used a big screen. I can only suppose the code writers use a big screen and don't test it on small screens, which should not happen.

It's not like this is just a problem on this computer, at this location. I've used different computers and different screens in different countries and the speed has always been a problem. The cursor and the pop up VDOs are new.

I don't have a problem with functionality on a different forum, ergo the problem is with TVF.

NB PLEASE DO NOT offer ways to circumvent the ads. That got the last thread I started about this problem closed. Forum rules do not allow discussion of ways to block ads.

All my ads are neatly on the right hand side of the screen (a TV screen) leaving loads of space for everything else, it makes ignoring the ads easier.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

as it seems that if it goes on like this, I'm just going to go mental.

i did. its not so bad really.

tell us about your set up. computer browser monitor. i am not experiencing any of these problems. including pop ups. oh i just saw your post about using a tablet.

I not have any of this problem. Page come quickly. 

Everything working well. Have advertising, but some interesting for me for learn English.

i have one question for other member can answer please.

The rule say we can not use thai language. I hate this rule because it easier for me to help some people sometimes if can use the thai word. But up to the boss/owner.

About half the ad I see is thai language. Is that the same for everyone, or is different ad for different people? 

It not important. I curious to know about that. 

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I use a large TV screen instead of the supplied screen for my computer, no problems.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me at present. Till they make collapsible big screens I'm stuck with the tablet as I have to go elsewhere from my accommodation to use the internet.

These pop up VDOs should have been tested on tablets and mobiles to see if they don't obstruct the screen, but obviously they didn't do that.

It's not even as if they stuck to the small pop up VDO which is livable with as I can scroll above it, but they also use a larger one as well sometimes, which blocks the smaller one or visa versa.

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

About half the ad I see is thai language. Is that the same for everyone, or is different ad for different people? 

everyone gets their own custom ads based on your browsing history.

so you can imagine what my ads are like.

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not have any of this problem. Page come quickly. 

Everything working well. Have advertising, but some interesting for me for learn English.

i have one question for other member can answer please.

The rule say we can not use thai language. I hate this rule because it easier for me to help some people sometimes if can use the thai word. But up to the boss/owner.

It not important. I curious to know about that. 

Are you using a big screen?

Most people on here can't read Thai, so why should Thai be allowed?

Yes some ads appear with Thai writing.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you using a big screen?

Ipad

Most people on here can't read Thai

That I Why I think “why have thai ad?”

, so why should Thai be allowed?

Sometime people ask question. I know the answer. Can help them if can write it. 

Then they can show to the thai person in real life what they want. 

Or for document/rule.

Or expalin a word.

or to correct a fake translation. 

Help misunderstanding.

Like that. 

Yes some ads appear with Thai writing.

Thankyou. 

24 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

All my ads are neatly on the right hand side of the screen (a TV screen) leaving loads of space for everything else, it makes ignoring the ads easier.

In Thailand I had a big screen computer- same as you.

Still wasn't as fast as it should have been though, but faster than on this tablet. I think I started complaining about the speed about 5 computers ago, after they "upgraded" the system.

Ads on the tablet occupy 1/3 of the screen on the right hand side.

Pop up VDO ads occupy nearly half the screen

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Ipad

Sometime people ask question. I know the answer. Can help them if can write it. 

Then they can show to the thai person in real life what they want. 

Or for document/rule.

Or expalin a word.

or to correct a fake translation. 

Help misunderstanding.

Like that. 

Thankyou. 

You can PM individual posters if you want to use Thai writing.

Archived