Why is TVF becoming such an unusable website?

thaibeachlovers

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Quite funny reading some of the posts on this thread.

Gawd i thought i was the cranky old b++ger but some on here are worse than me.

Stop with your moaning you miserable bar stewards, Thai visa is a damn good site, some things not perfect, but what is?

So the ads are a bit annoying, they need money coming in to survive, mods are a necessary evil, on other sites little or no moderation, some of the posts are shocking.

STOP sucking up. POTY has a term limit of one term. You've had your 15 minutes of fame (for a year).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/29/2019 at 6:35 AM, Puchaiyank said:

What exactly are you trying to say?

O.P. is right , I thought it was only my pc fault, glad to see it is not so

The some troublesome things we all experience here …….more commercial influence from top to bottom , sometimes i click a topic I choose and get a commercial topic high jacking my original choice ….. it sure does not gone make me a customer from them ….

1 minute ago, david555 said:

O.P. is right , I thought it was only my pc fault, glad to see it is not so

The some troublesome things we all experience here …….more commercial influence from top to bottom , sometimes i click a topic I choose and get a commercial topic high jacking my original choice ….. it sure does not gone make me a customer from them ….

I don't have your ploblems..........????

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't have your ploblems..........????

Lucky you ….. but I experience it more than once , especially the emoji's taking ages to load , if not using them a reply goes immediate ...many things O.P. mention are existing …..apparently not for all  , try to give an advice over ad blocker …..and see what becomes the comment on it from.....…. lol 

20 hours ago, david555 said:

Lucky you ….. but I experience it more than once , especially the emoji's taking ages to load , if not using them a reply goes immediate ...many things O.P. mention are existing …..apparently not for all  , try to give an advice over ad blocker …..and see what becomes the comment on it from.....…. lol 

The only prob I have is, as you mentioned, TVF emijon's loading, but I have got round that too.... ????....????....????....????

On 11/29/2019 at 2:07 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

It's an intermittent problem, and using the right mouse button doesn't work for me.

Thanks anyway.

I've tried a different mouse that I know works perfectly, but not the mouse.

When I PM someone, I don't have a problem. Only on the forum page with all the things we can't discuss.

I just remembered that I have an old small laptop that was in fashion before tablets got invented. Don't remember what they were called but same size screen as a tablet. I'll see if I can find it and if it still works if it makes any difference.

Hopefully be able to get back on that next week.

Hi,

back again after the weekend. I did find the notebook and a desktop screen with connections. Had it all set up to find out the answer, but it won't connect to any site, including this, other than google. Old machine not used for years, and only internet explorer, but can't connect to firefox to download that browser.

Sooooo, no wiser than last week. 

I'll take the machine to my friendly repair guy and see what he can come up with.

Obviously I'm not the only one with issues, as over 7,000 looks.

Nothing has changed re usability though. Can't even highlight text.

From some of the posts. It doers seem as though the site doesn't work very well with anything but desktop computers.

Certainly the big pop up VDO ads still obstructing the page. Is anyone from tech support listening?

On 11/30/2019 at 11:59 AM, sirineou said:

I don't think the browser is his problem, I run Win10 and chrome and don't have any problems with the cursor jumping. it seems to me that there is probably something wrong with his machine, perhaps the touch pad. Perhaps he either needs to decrease or increase the cursor speed, or play around with touchpad preferences.

But those new pop ups are very annoying, I constantly have to close them because they cover functionality. It is making TVF very difficult to use.

"If you have problems with the cursor jumping around while you are typing, you are probably resting your hand on the touchpad, or accidentally touching it, or you have a defective/damaged touchpad or touchscreen. ... Your Chromebook cannot adjust for poor typing methods. "

https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/9418643?hl=en

I don't use the touchpad. I use a mouse. Tried different mouse too.

I hear what you are saying about the machine, but it doesn't happen with other forums I use, which is why I think it's TVF.

I did bring a different machine to try, but that doesn't work at all. I might be able to find another machine again, but not available right now.

Re the pop ups blocking your view, do you use a small screen, or a large one? I'm using a tablet. Apparently mobile phones are worse.

It has just occurred to me that I don't remember the problems I have detailed in my OP happening before the pop up VDOs started, ergo, it would seem to me that it is possible that the pop up VDOs ARE the cause of the problems.

That doesn't include the speed of this forum, about which I have been complaining on this sub forum for years, but nothing changes.

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't use the touchpad. I use a mouse. Tried different mouse too.

I hear what you are saying about the machine, but it doesn't happen with other forums I use, which is why I think it's TVF.

I did bring a different machine to try, but that doesn't work at all. I might be able to find another machine again, but not available right now.

Re the pop ups blocking your view, do you use a small screen, or a large one? I'm using a tablet. Apparently mobile phones are worse.

Did you try posting this problem at "Internet, computers, communication, technology " I am not the most computer savvy person. there was a time that I was, I go back to CPM systems and after that MS. Dos but I did not keep up with it and after a while I fell behind, today's systems are way too complex. 

I honestly don't have a cursor problem but I run a late generation machine that has a lot of computing power. But if I don't shut down my machine for a few days, my cursor starts freezing,  then I clean my "browsing history " and everything is good again. it seems that every time something new opens it stores cookies in your system and after a while it might become too much for your processor,  TVF is certainly a very busy website.

If I understand if correctly, everytime you open something your computer allocates a certain amount of RAM to it, but when you shut it down it does not give you all the Ram back. after a while your machine might be short on RAM allocation.

I am not the best person to talk to about that, that's why I suggest you take this to the computer forum. Might even be an Internet connection issue. Certainly TVF being as heavy as it is does not help.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Did you try posting this problem at "Internet, computers, communication, technology " I am not the most computer savvy person. there was a time that I was, I go back to CPM systems and after that MS. Dos but I did not keep up with it and after a while I fell behind, today's systems are way too complex. 

I honestly don't have a cursor problem but I run a late generation machine that has a lot of computing power. But if I don't shut down my machine for a few days, my cursor starts freezing,  then I clean my "browsing history " and everything is good again. it seems that every time something new opens it stores cookies in your system and after a while it might become too much for your processor,  TVF is certainly a very busy website.

If I understand if correctly, everytime you open something your computer allocates a certain amount of RAM to it, but when you shut it down it does not give you all the Ram back. after a while your machine might be short on RAM allocation.

I am not the best person to talk to about that, that's why I suggest you take this to the computer forum. Might even be an Internet connection issue. Certainly TVF being as heavy as it is does not help.

Just checked my browsing history. Set to clear whenever I close the internet. 

Don't have the same ( or any ) problems on a different forum.

I hear what you say about TVF being a "heavy" forum, but it never used to be a difficult to use site. Since then they have increased the things we may not discuss many times over, added many sub forums, etc etc etc.

Just the emojis are a case in point. They used to have a fraction of the ones they have now, and worked perfectly. Now takes up to 5 minutes to add one.

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It has just occurred to me that I don't remember the problems I have detailed in my OP happening before the pop up VDOs started, ergo, it would seem to me that it is possible that the pop up VDOs ARE the cause of the problems.

That doesn't include the speed of this forum, about which I have been complaining on this sub forum for years, but nothing changes.

It might very well be.

It could be that every time one of this pop ups comes it loads a cookie or something else on your computer.

I Shutdown my laptop this morning and restarted it , so hopefully it would had reset my Ram issue, all day I haven't done anything with my lop top other than go on TVF , just a couple of minutes I went to clear my browsing data, and it was taking too long, I had could not even cancel out of the process,

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It might very well be.

It could be that every time one of this pop ups comes it loads a cookie or something else on your computer.

I Shutdown my laptop this morning and restarted it , so hopefully it would had reset my Ram issue, all day I haven't done anything with my lop top other than go on TVF , just a couple of minutes I went to clear my browsing data, and it was taking too long, I had could not even cancel out of the process,

I just noticed that my computer wasn't set to delete cookies so I did that, and it does seem to have made a difference to the cursor use and highlighting text.

Time will tell, but you may have sorted one of my problems, so thanks for that. Hope it is that simple.

Cookies are the curse of the internet. track us and fill up the computer with <deleted>.

Unfortunately, when I delete cookies I have to sign in again on T VF.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just the emojis are a case in point. They used to have a fraction of the ones they have now, and worked perfectly. Now takes up to 5 minutes to add one.

Click on the emoji button, then categories and then default.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, Moonlover said:

Opera Browser also eliminates all the problems that @thaibeachlovers is complaining about.

Well strangely I can use Chromium, Firefox, Vivaldi or any other browser on my computer without any issues... so maybe it's more of a Windows thing.

Not sure I'm interested to do it on mobile.

16 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Well strangely I can use Chromium, Firefox, Vivaldi or any other browser on my computer without any issues... so maybe it's more of a Windows thing.

I'm quite convinced it is Windows/Edge that is causing the problem. It all started following some extensive upgrades that Microsoft issued in recent months. And TVF is not the only website that has given me problems either. I've switched to to Opera for most of my browsing now.

At great trouble to myself I brought a large laptop to see if screen size makes any difference. It doesn't. The popup just gets larger and still obscures the page.

If anyone from forum support is actually reading any of these posts, the posters are getting PO. You know, the people without which the forum does not exist.

There is another thread about the same thing currently running.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, ben2talk said:

Not for nothing do many people hate MS and their horrible OS.

I have just spent half an hour on the PM function, and my computer worked perfectly and soooooo fast. ZERO cursor problems, no highlighting problems. Back on the forum and problems back in spades.

What's NOT on the PM function?- yes the things we can't discuss. I know why this forum doesn't work properly now. probably most of us know why the forum doesn't work properly. Most of us probably use the things we can't discuss to solve the problems caused by the things we can't discuss. 

Will they do anything about it? I'm not holding my breath.

If the mods want to close this thread  by all means do so. I've solved the problem, and I know what the cause is. I just can't fix my forum experience unless I get the thing we can't discuss to eliminate the things we can't discuss.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have just spent half an hour on the PM function, and my computer worked perfectly and soooooo fast. ZERO cursor problems, no highlighting problems. Back on the forum and problems back in spades.

What's NOT on the PM function?- yes the things we can't discuss. I know why this forum doesn't work properly now. probably most of us know why the forum doesn't work properly. Most of us probably use the things we can't discuss to solve the problems caused by the things we can't discuss. 

Will they do anything about it? I'm not holding my breath.

If the mods want to close this thread  by all means do so. I've solved the problem, and I know what the cause is. I just can't fix my forum experience unless I get the thing we can't discuss to eliminate the things we can't discuss.

??

Why don't you just use another Browser? It's really not that difficult. That is it discussed. Why do you feel that it cannot be discussed?

I certainly don't suffer ANY of the issues that you describe. So instead of working yourself into a frenzy over it, use a suitable Browser.

Archived