Jump to content
BANGKOK
thaibeachlovers

Why is TVF becoming such an unusable website?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It might very well be.

It could be that every time one of this pop ups comes it loads a cookie or something else on your computer.

I Shutdown my laptop this morning and restarted it , so hopefully it would had reset my Ram issue, all day I haven't done anything with my lop top other than go on TVF , just a couple of minutes I went to clear my browsing data, and it was taking too long, I had could not even cancel out of the process,

I just noticed that my computer wasn't set to delete cookies so I did that, and it does seem to have made a difference to the cursor use and highlighting text.

Time will tell, but you may have sorted one of my problems, so thanks for that. Hope it is that simple.

Cookies are the curse of the internet. track us and fill up the computer with <deleted>.

Unfortunately, when I delete cookies I have to sign in again on T VF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not unusable at all, it's more some posters are reaching their use-by date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the OP. Its become a real pain. I use ipad and the page jumps around and takes ages to load.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just the emojis are a case in point. They used to have a fraction of the ones they have now, and worked perfectly. Now takes up to 5 minutes to add one.

Click on the emoji button, then categories and then default.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Agree with the OP. Its become a real pain. I use ipad and the page jumps around and takes ages to load.

That's a small screen, isn't it. If so, would confirm it's something to do with screen size and perhaps computer power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, Moonlover said:

Opera Browser also eliminates all the problems that @thaibeachlovers is complaining about.

Well strangely I can use Chromium, Firefox, Vivaldi or any other browser on my computer without any issues... so maybe it's more of a Windows thing.

 

Not sure I'm interested to do it on mobile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Well strangely I can use Chromium, Firefox, Vivaldi or any other browser on my computer without any issues... so maybe it's more of a Windows thing.

 

Not sure I'm interested to do it on mobile.

I'm quite convinced it is Windows/Edge that is causing the problem. It all started following some extensive upgrades that Microsoft issued in recent months. And TVF is not the only website that has given me problems either. I've switched to to Opera for most of my browsing now.

Edited by Moonlover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, scubascuba3 said:

What you need is the Tapatalk App, ah, we can't use that anymore

A damned shame about that, on my mobile it was by far the best and cleanest way to browse and post in TV while "on the move".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "property" ad banner across the top blocks the menu button on my mobile phone using Firefox. If I'm quick I can occasionally click on the menu button just before the Ad covers it up.

 

Edited by Caiman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At great trouble to myself I brought a large laptop to see if screen size makes any difference. It doesn't. The popup just gets larger and still obscures the page.

 

If anyone from forum support is actually reading any of these posts, the posters are getting PO. You know, the people without which the forum does not exist.

There is another thread about the same thing currently running.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, ben2talk said:

Well strangely I can use Chromium, Firefox, Vivaldi or any other browser on my computer without any issues... so maybe it's more of a Windows thing.

 

Not sure I'm interested to do it on mobile.

Not for nothing do many people hate MS and their horrible OS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 7:06 AM, sammieuk1 said:

The classifieds have gone for me where or how to is a mystery?🤔 

Try this again anyone??🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just spent half an hour on the PM function, and my computer worked perfectly and soooooo fast. ZERO cursor problems, no highlighting problems. Back on the forum and problems back in spades.

What's NOT on the PM function?- yes the things we can't discuss. I know why this forum doesn't work properly now. probably most of us know why the forum doesn't work properly. Most of us probably use the things we can't discuss to solve the problems caused by the things we can't discuss. 

Will they do anything about it? I'm not holding my breath.

If the mods want to close this thread  by all means do so. I've solved the problem, and I know what the cause is. I just can't fix my forum experience unless I get the thing we can't discuss to eliminate the things we can't discuss.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have just spent half an hour on the PM function, and my computer worked perfectly and soooooo fast. ZERO cursor problems, no highlighting problems. Back on the forum and problems back in spades.

What's NOT on the PM function?- yes the things we can't discuss. I know why this forum doesn't work properly now. probably most of us know why the forum doesn't work properly. Most of us probably use the things we can't discuss to solve the problems caused by the things we can't discuss. 

Will they do anything about it? I'm not holding my breath.

If the mods want to close this thread  by all means do so. I've solved the problem, and I know what the cause is. I just can't fix my forum experience unless I get the thing we can't discuss to eliminate the things we can't discuss.

 

??

 

Why don't you just use another Browser? It's really not that difficult. That is it discussed. Why do you feel that it cannot be discussed?

 

I certainly don't suffer ANY of the issues that you describe. So instead of working yourself into a frenzy over it, use a suitable Browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AT OP REQUEST THIS IS NOW CLOSED.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...