Korean caught red handed preying on tourists at hostels in Bangkok

webfact

Korean caught red handed preying on tourists at hostels in Bangkok

4pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's chief of immigration Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang personally announced and explained the arrest of a South Korean man who had been preying on tourists at hostels in Bangkok for years. 

Kim D.K, 30, was arrested with a wide variety of foreign currency after he stole from a British woman who was staying in the same dormitory room. 

He was found to be on overstay of more than 3 years and later admitted to at least ten thefts at hostels. A vinyl board showed a cartoon villain carrying a bag of swag from one hostel to another as the chief explained details of the case.

Police had received a report from a hostel earlier in the year that a South Korean man had stolen something. Other hostels were put on alert to look out for him. 

On October 24th in the central Bangkok tourist area of Chakrawat the authorities went to Room 502 at a hostel in Samphan Thawong where they found the suspect in possession of an Eastpak backpack and a cream colored bag.

Inside were two 14 gauge spanners and the following currency: US$195, 425,000 rupias, 73,000 dong, 13 ringgit, 6 Singapore dollars, 3,000 Cambodian rials, 5 pounds sterling and one yuan. 

Kim admitted forcing the padlock that secured a storage compartment under the bed of a fellow guest in the same room. He then removed the backpack and cream bag. 

Soon a female British tourist arrived to say that the bags were hers. 

Kim was found to have entered Thailand on June 30th 2016 and was allowed to stay until September of that year. 

But he didn't leave or extend and built up an overstay of 3 years and 26 days. 

He admitted to using his time to steal from tourists at hostels and had committed at least ten thefts. 

He was charged with theft and aggravated burglary and handed over to the Chakrawat police. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-29

4 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Standing on the right side of the photo.

4pm.jpg.8cf81fd467f90e143e67a46e3f513ce4

That's actually pretty funny!

To the best of my knowledge, a "spanner" is a wrench, like the kind you use to loosen the nuts when you change the tire on your car. Pretty large in this case.  A yuan is worth.... 5 baht perhaps?

Whilst I applaud the fact that another thieving scumbag has been taken off the street and hopefully deported & blacklisted, do these very pea brained immigration officials realise that parading in front of these vinyl boards and making a song and dance about how fantastic a job they are doing is totally lost in the stupidity of it all ? 

It doesn't happen in my country & probably doesn't happen in your home country, maybe once a week the local rag (Newspaper) has a round up of the local bad people after they have been to court, but not even the local news covers this carp unless it's murder, rape, abduction etc on a daily basis.

It is so last year, and the year before TBH. ???? 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Inside were two 14 gauge spanners and the following currency: US$195, 425,000 rupias, 73,000 dong, 13 ringgit, 6 Singapore dollars, 3,000 Cambodian rials, 5 pounds sterling and one yuan.

Wow, that's a whopping 7,345 Thai baht (5,894+910+95+94+132+22+194+4)!! Certainly worth the fancy vinyl board!

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Standing on the right side of the photo.

4pm.jpg.8cf81fd467f90e143e67a46e3f513ce4

That made me laugh. 

Maybe saying a number 14 spanner might have made more sense. For me talking about tools...sir...has always been a bit of a wrench. 

And as far as the person who said he is making a Korea out of it, terrible humor and party of the general malaiseia that is comedy these days.

Rooster

2 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Whilst I applaud the fact that another thieving scumbag has been taken off the street and hopefully deported & blacklisted, do these very pea brained immigration officials realise that parading in front of these vinyl boards and making a song and dance about how fantastic a job they are doing is totally lost in the stupidity of it all ? 

It doesn't happen in my country & probably doesn't happen in your home country, maybe once a week the local rag (Newspaper) has a round up of the local bad people after they have been to court, but not even the local news covers this carp unless it's murder, rape, abduction etc on a daily basis.

It is so last year, and the year before TBH. ???? 

But in Thailand police are kind of movie stars. Bragging counts.  Different culture. 

2 hours ago, Langkawee said:

But in Thailand police are kind of movie stars. Bragging counts.  Different culture. 

Shame they don't try harder and get more bragging rights with drunk drivers, mother murderers, rapists and wife killers then, sheesh, stop making excuses for them.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He was found to be on overstay of more than 3 years and later admitted to at least ten thefts at hostels.

So, none of the hostels were doing the TM30 report for over 3 years. 

If my wife is late for a couple of days we're screwed and fined !

Archived