BANGKOK
webfact

Before: Pattaya never sleeps! After: Everyone in bed by 11 pm: Resort is dead say Thais

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have not seen any News report of them getting scammed or robbed by the ladyboys this year yet... the one hiding under the bed rifling pockets springs to mind! Have the LBs become more honest, or the Indians more Pattaya street-wise?

There has been a few robberies committed by ladyboys recently.  I can't remember if the victim was Indian. 

Maybe that's why they have 3 or 4 of their friends waiting back in the room.  For security, of course.  🙂

"Nut said that the first things that came to her mind on a visit were ghosts. ?

As long as there are people who only promise to do good things for Thailand, but never do it, things will even get worse.

I remember times when Pattaya never slept. 

On 11/29/2019 at 5:46 PM, robertson468 said:

the powers that be seem to be in complete denial.

Not denial, they just don't care. 

On 12/29/2019 at 2:16 AM, Leaver said:

The taxi situation in most of Thailand's tourist resort areas is a national shame, yet, allowed to continue.   It's a disgrace. 

Just like the jet ski scam

On 11/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, torturedsole said:

Never been asked to produce my passport and I don't subscribe to a Xerox of my passport page as I can't be bothered as not required.  

A relaxed attitude, a bit of banter and production of required documentation will see one clear of any further nonsense.  RTP really aren't that bad if you play the game.  I've had more trouble with the old bill in the UK. 

That's cos you're on you guard in the LOS, you're not sure what can happen if you put a foot wrong. So you're on your best behaviour.

However you know the score in the UK, you've got legal aid vultures, social workers and even psychiatrists and the human rights merchants to help you out if need be.

You're on your own in Thailand and you're guilty unless you can prove you're innocent. It's at the Thai plod's discretion if you go to the monkey house and you can do nothing about it.

You've had more trouble with the old bill in the UK because you've spent a lot more of your life in the UK and you know what you can and can't get away with.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:25 AM, DannyCarlton said:

You can negotiate with the cops in LOS, like you can't in the UK. Works for me.

Wait till you have a rather more serious experience with the plod. It won't work for you then.

It would be deleted if I expanded on the matter here but some long term ex pats will have known of similar incidents.

21 hours ago, kingdong said:

Just like the jet ski scam

I've never seen a jet ski with a meter on it.  🤣

• Haha 1