Before: Pattaya never sleeps! After: Everyone in bed by 11 pm: Resort is dead say Thais

webfact

2 minutes ago, sapson said:

Thanks, truly stunned! I suppose they have a nuclear missile program quietly simmering as well!

Crikey this is a new low (or high) in the annals of Thailand make believe. What I wonder would be the funding for this Space Program ?

http://simplediscoveries.com/gistda-thailand-space-agency/

• Haha 1

For all those insomniacs that are in bed at 11...just read through this thread on TV....You wont last 18 pages that's for sure.................cos that is what it has got to now....!!!

Everything about the demise of Pattaya/Thailand has been said before and started as far back as 2006 for me.

2005 - Baht 70 to the pound. Tourists in droves and make money in Pattaya.

2019 -  Baht 38 to the pound go home to the village and cut your wrists.......

42 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I'm publishing more open letters to Thailand to expose how not to become a heaven for sexpat farangs and a bride mill for older farangs. 

Save the pixels. You will only make yourself look bad to Thais, to your shock. If you don’t understand this you do not even begin to understand Thailand.

The old phrase is “I will get around to understanding Thailand right after I get around to understanding women.” however upon closer inspection these are one and the same. This is a matriarchal society, women rule behind it all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Asking for a friend said:

Save the pixels. You will only make yourself look bad to Thais, to your shock. If you don’t understand this you do not even begin to understand Thailand.

The old phrase is “I will get around to understanding Thailand right after I get around to understanding women.” however upon closer inspection these are one and the same. This is a matriarchal society, women rule behind it all.

I did not write that, some one called farangchuma did. You'd be better off telling him to 'save the pixels'! 

I don't make myself look bad to Thais. Nor have I ever said I understand Thailand nor women. I'll leave those sort of claims to the likes of yourself.

Keep off the booze.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I can't blame the police for this

i live here and i am also stopped at the check points for controls

drive licence, insurance, tax, alcool and whatever

i have never had to pay something, 

And i do not want to be killed or wounded on the road by a rented big motorbike

drived by a drunk stupid tourist with no licence and who have no clue about the drive in Thailand.

what a load of rubbish, I have been here since 1990 and have been stopped many times at check points here in Pattaya and also around Thailand not 1 time has the police ever asked to see my car insurance, check the road tax, disk or the blue book of the car (log book) could be a stolen car for all they know, don't check your tires if their worn out the only thing they look at (sometimes) is my driving licence.

In Pattaya the police are nothing more than money blood suckers, very rarely have they even ask for my driving licence maybe now more with the new laws, they just stop you and stick a dirty tube in your face that god knows how many people have blown into it before you and tell you to blow, its a police money grabbing farce that sticks out a mile, the p olice are to blame.

In all these years I personally have never paid a baht to them because I do not drink and drive, I have a driving licence nothing else is really needed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The bottom line is greed and totally unrealistic in these bad economic times, and Thai Baht against foreign currencies!

The government do not care as Thailand moves quickly into recession which it may never really recover from. I was in Rayong a few weeks ago and i was the only foringer on a totally empty beach! Very sad to see Thailand like this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

I don't see any problem if you have fun to kill yourself

it's a problem if you kill other people

i don't have to stay at home just because of

your selfish and totaly irresponsible attitude 

nothing fun in driving drunk, particularly in a city where there are everywhere and

at every hour of the day and night cheap taxis, bahtbus and motosai to get you back home safe.

He called it a "motosai", in text.  Lol

I was off season longstayer for 5+ years. It all went south around 2006. Baht was cheap and Pattaya was full of British northerners and other assorted British hooligans and miscreants 18-30. I started to stay less and by end of 2008 never went back to live.

Been back about one afternoon every five years. It just looks a really poor value, traffic and violence. Noise and foreigners I don't care for.

No married guys sneaking down for a night with TM30. That's on Prayut surely.

Edited by Number 6

I think it's more than the baht.

Thailand domestically has seen lots of price inflation.

Pattaya is itself simply a poor value rife with tons of scams and unpleasant people. It's filthy and no longer in a *good* way. I've said for years murder rate is as high or higher than the worst inner cities in the USA.

But to Thai baht if someone spent b3000 a day now exchanges his money and gets 2600 that's not necessarily a deal breaker for a two week holiday. Wake up fools.

Prices have moved up sharply. Only bargain left is bus 5ransport and local food.

Hours to serve alcohol hahaha child society. Can't moderate. 2am to 8am is fine.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

There is a link or two on this forum, on the subject of carrying passports, so read them for yourself.  Mine is locked away and there it stays until I travel, or go to immigration.  A cop has never asked for it and I doubt they ever will. Cops on the road can ask all they like, but until a ticket is issued, I dont believe a word of what they are saying.  Once a ticket is issued, you go to the cop shop and pay it.  Your mate must have screwed up badly to end up in jail and a demand for 30K.  I also make a point of never arguing with the Police, here or anywhere else.  Its a fools game.  

I agree with pilotman, The law says the passport must be produced, does not state it must be carried at all times. In the 20+ years in Thailand I have only been asked by the police once for my passport, in which I told him I didn't have it and he accepted my license and that was it. No issue at all!! 

26 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

He called it a "motosai", in text.  Lol

Yep, and?

In the real life i say also songtaew and not bahtbus

but i think it's better for the general comprehension on the forum

to say ''bathbus''. But ''motosai'' i was thinking everybody can understand 

it's a mototaxi? i was wrong?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I think it's more than the baht.

Thailand domestically has seen lots of price inflation.

Pattaya is itself simply a poor value rife with tons of scams and unpleasant people. It's filthy and no longer in a *good* way. I've said for years murder rate is as high or higher than the worst inner cities in the USA.

But to Thai baht if someone spent b3000 a day now exchanges his money and gets 2600 that's not necessarily a deal breaker for a two week holiday. Wake up fools.

Prices have moved up sharply. Only bargain left is bus 5ransport and local food.

Hours to serve alcohol hahaha child society. Can't moderate. 2am to 8am is fine.

i think its very much down to the strength of the thai baht,

out of the things that went up in price here to the point i actually care,

is lady drinks, everything else is as usual, i have no care in the world what the price tag is, a dish going up 20 baht over the course of 20 years is to be expected, the part that suck is that my buying power of my home currency

got deflated 30% compared to baht.

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, keith101 said:

And the Chinese are going to Vietnam .

I’m in Nha Trang. Vietnam right now. This place is crawling with mid to low end villager chinese nonetheless these are ones we used to see them on walking street, bus load after bus load. They and the Russians are the top visitors here. Pattaya is over. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhilAtUbon said:

This is a tiddly bit anecdotal, but a mucker of mine had a rather similar experience.

He was pulled over for a check, and he had all the right documents, full face helmet, et al.

He took his helmet off so he could speak to the cop and was “fined” for not wearing a helmet.

I know of a guy who got pulled over on his bike and everything was in order and the cop fined him for wearing a black helmet, Farang not allowed to wear black helmet

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

while the government have surely dropped the ball, people are travelling less for "smut" either way.

Millenials are <deleted> each other and the incels that would be all over it are afraid or unable to travel to foreign shores.

those that have traditionally flocked to pattaya are ageing fast. 

i have seen an increase this year of friends and friends of friends traveling this way. they are coming for islands like koh phangan, or doing wakepark tours of bkk and phuket. they are all 30-45 and are travelling for lifestyle and activities now and pattaya is not on the radar. 

they want proper massages, good food, beaches, sunsets, hikes etc. 

A good night out involves proper music, cocktails and dinner. Many are vegan, but all are willing to spend on food. the bars may be a curiosity but certainly not a priority. 

10 years ago, people i know might have had a few days in pattaya on the itinerary, but I cant think of a single visitor through my doors that has had plans to go to pattaya for something other than business in the last 5+ years 

many things have changed. Pattaya really hasnt.

Well I don't know how you have concluded that "people want proper massages, cocktails, vegan meals and the bars are just for curiosity" . And you are saying this will draw tourists from many different countries and families. Are you living on planet Earth ?? We are talking about planet Pattaya - it's a world of it's own - unique.

Edited by Melbun
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Sometimes  here I think I am already in an old folk's home for the demented. With the telly turned LOUD and random strangers shouting or mumbling impotently to no-one about nothing and hanging over it all is the smell of wee and death.

Back on topic ....11 pm is too late get up with the light , do a good walk and say hello to all the elderly expats looking to keep themselves healthy into their old age, follow it up with a healthy breakfast (no full Englishes). Log into TVF tap away for a few hours. Take a healthy salad type lunch in your condo. Have an afternoon swim in your pool. Back to t'internet. Evening after the yard arm down crack open a beer and plan your downloaded movie for the night with the missus. Maybe go for an evening stroll along the prom. One last t'Internet session and sleep. All done by 10 tops and put the ear plugs in to stop the noise bleed from the nearby bars that seem to go on for ever. Rinse and repeat until death us do part or at least until you get back to your home country (if you can) and the real world. 

Nailed it Mr 99.

Especially the wee and death bit. It's absolutely startling how many use film or script quotes as expressions of wisdom, not understanding that it's fiction.

'Orwellian!' What is? Filling in a form?

Kafka-esque!! What is? Taking some paper to an office?

Funny to read though, hey? I like the Chi-Com references best. You can almost hear Patton munching his stogie.

• Like 1

Have Just come back from Pattaya.

I noticed that Soi Buakhao, New Plaza and LK Metro were busy but Soi's 2,3,7,8 were not. People just pass through Walking Street as prices for drinks are to expensive.

808 , I- Bar and Insomnia are always busy. There maybe many Chinese but stay in Chinese Hotels and go on trips. Many Indian's but seem to buy from 7-11 going to beach and then Beach Road at night. I spent 3 days in Jomtien and each day the Beaches were packed as were the bars and market. I believe it's that Hotels in Jomtien are so much cheaper and people there have no incentive to go to Pattaya anymore as Pattaya Beach is a disgrace and Hotels overpriced.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yep, and?

In the real life i say also songtaew and not bahtbus

but i think it's better for the general comprehension on the forum

to say ''bathbus''. But ''motosai'' i was thinking everybody can understand 

it's a mototaxi? i was wrong?

Motorsai is the thai way of pronouncing motorcycle. Quite depricating to make fun of their English pronounciation skills. A motorcycle taxi is a "win" in Thai. Motorcycle is "rod cacryan yun".

• Like 1