CW TM30 Update

Hi all, I wanted to share my experience this morning at CW to extend my 30-day tourist visa exemption because I think it will give people some peace of mind.

I arrived in Thailand at the beginning of November, and technically didn’t need to do the extension until Monday but decided to go today in case there were any issues over this new TM30 thing (I have not lived in Thailand properly for about 3 years, and not at all for the last 2 years, so it was new to me).

As my landlord was unwilling to do the TM30 or give me any documentation whatsoever regarding our rental agreement, I wasn’t sure where that left me in terms of CW. A fellow member here (username is Peter Denis) suggested checking in to a hotel the night before going to CW as hotels will automatically register you when you check in. Following Peter’s advice, I requested a printed copy, which they provide me with this morning before I got in the taxi. I also (again Peter’s advice) asked them for a late check out so when I got to CW I would still appear as a guest at the hotel.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, they didn’t even ask me for a TM30. In fact from the front desk where I presented my docs and got a ticket number, to eventually being called and paying the money, no one mentioned the TM30 once. Although I had the printed copy in my bag the whole time, I decided it best not to bring it up. Why invite trouble?

I don’t want to give people false hope in that now they’ve done away with this TM30 stuff because maybe I was just lucky. I really have no idea. I think it would be great if people going up to CW can add to this thread and update it over the next few months to see what other peoples’ experiences are. It was totally painless. I was in and out of the place in about 30 minutes. Surprised me.

Anyway, for anyone going up over the next week or two, and you’re in my position, take Peters’ sound advice and check into a hotel the night before. It’s an extra expense, I know, and I wasn’t actually asked for the thing in the end, but for me it was worth it for the peace of mind, and until they make some official announcement that they’re scrapping it, I would do the same again…. To be sure, to be sure, as they say in the Old Country.

So, thanks to you Peter Denis, and to anyone having to go do this soon, good luck!

PS: if anyone has any questions about my experience today, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

OP, yes Peter has given plenty of good advice.

To back up your experience, I recently did a 12 month extension at CW. Had a tm30 receipt with me from condo. Note first one in 7 years. The io did not even look at it. Hopefully the bulldust is over.

The Imm Officer only has to look at his computer screen to see your latest TM30. If its there they naturally won't say anything. You did well to avoid an 800 baht fine and possibly another day wasted.

• Like 1

Next week I have to go to CW to do my 90 days report.

Have no TM-30 cause my room owner can't receive login/password online (looks like she doesn't want to deal with immigration).

My idea to avoid 800฿ fine is to check-in to some hotel before visiting CW IO.

Should I ask the hotel to print out TM-30?

And what address should I report in TM-47 if I'll have TM-30 from the hotel? ????

Thx.

7 hours ago, Takeprofit said:

Next week I have to go to CW to do my 90 days report.

Have no TM-30 cause my room owner can't receive login/password online (looks like she doesn't want to deal with immigration).

My idea to avoid 800฿ fine is to check-in to some hotel before visiting CW IO.

Should I ask the hotel to print out TM-30?

And what address should I report in TM-47 if I'll have TM-30 from the hotel? ????

Thx.

Normally IO only checks TM30 compliance when applying for a service that requires your address (e.g. extension of stay or residence certificate), and does NOT check TM30 compliance when doing your 90 days report in person (unless it is the very first time you submit your 90 days report).

That's also logical since you can do your 90 days report also on-line or by regular mail (and if you opt for one of those, there is no mentioning of TM30).

However, these 2 options might have already expired for you, as for on-line:

Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days but not less than 7 days before the due date of notification.

And also the application by mail must be received at least 7 days before the due date of notification.

But normally you will not be queried about TM30 when submitting your 90 day report, even when doing it in person.

When you want to file a TM30 of your staying at the room-owners address on-line, it is not mandatory that HE registers and files the TM30 of you staying there on the IO TM30 website.

You could also do it yourself, either

- on your room-owners behalf > and that would require a signed copy of the front/back cover of the room-owners ID card, as well as a copy of the house-book of the place you are staying;

- as tenant of the place > and that would require a copy of the rental contract of the place you are staying, and a copy of your passport ID-page.

When you have the above documents available (in electronic format for uploading), the handling of your registration by IO takes somewhere between 5 minutes and 5 days, so normally you will still be in time to file your TM30 on-line before visiting CW. 

I will send you PM a step-by-step instruction on how to register and file your TM30s on-line using the IO TM30 website.  Registering on the site and filing your very 1st TM30 will take approx 1 hour (if you know how to do it - simply follow the instruction), but filing of any subsequent TM30s will take less than a minute.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Why not do it online or mail it in? I've never submitted a 90 day report in person.

I've tried submit it online but noticed one thing: after your trip outside Thailand you can't use online service for report your 90-days - system says something like "Please contact IO".

I suppose the system doesn't have arrival card number in it to complete the process online.

So, I always had to do my first 90-days report in person at CW after trip abroad. ????