Thai Tourism: "Half of foreigners" don't pay their hospital bills; director points finger at three nationalities

webfact

On 7/8/2020 at 7:11 PM, katatonic said:

It's an average of 100,000 baht per foreigner.. 

for a foreigner kid it was a little over US$1000 per day, which is abusive in my opinion, but of course I do not pay visits to hospitals very often, then I got no idea what the current prices are. last time I visit a doctor was more then 10 years ago because I was in bad shape. it doesn't include basic stuffs like certificate for renewing drivers license, covid BS certificate, etc..

eat well, sleep well and exercise every day you won't need a doctor ever, unless you get involved in some sort of accident, hope not, to have an insurance is essential I think, in my case I have one and it covers any sort of accident, I didn't buy one worrying about illness and I will never do.

stay well, stay strong.

Worldwide, insurance companies are charged 20-40% more for services than required.  The extra pays for those who have no insurance and do not pay.  More than enough for a profitable system.  Hospitals in Thailand, nor anywhere else, lose money on non-payers.

Insurance company’s lobby again. These blitzes are just the tip. Expect ALL expats and tourists to pay dearly.  

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2019 at 2:37 AM, Misterwhisper said:

How hilarious! Two of the three named nationalities are exactly the ones the tourism authorities want to attract in ever larger numbers.

Gotta have somebody to blame all the mistakes and problems on.......just ask the Ko Tao Police....