Nissan Almera dashboard lights.

cooked

I took my Almera to a Nissan dealership to 1. Fix the wobbly battery terminals contact that was getting annoying, and 2. Find out why the Idle Stop indicator was flashing. They fixed both, that is to say after two weeks both problems reoccurred. In addition I now have a light that looks like a car engine which stays on (yellow colour). 

Before I take it back to the dealership I was wondering if all these coincidental things were related? Google doesn't help much and I lost the Nissan manual.

I did buy Car battery terminals that I will slip over the battery  terminals so that that loose contact can be corrected.

13 hours ago, cooked said:

Yes that one. I know what the manual says, but am wondering if this isn't caused by the faulty battery connection over a period of time.

Doubt it, you have a battery/charge fault light on the dash too..

OK thanks guys, I seem to have solved it.

I fitted "battery terminals", actually thimble shaped things that fit over the battery terminals and enable you to tighten the connections adequately, no more stalling at traffic lights.

Immediately the flashing "AUTO" light disappeared. (This normally appears when I have turned off the Idle stop function, but not flashing).

I still had the yellow light indicating a car engine. My 'brain' vaguely recalled a problem I had 10 years ago with my Nissan truck. I couldn't repeat the same procedure but eventually I: turned on the ignition without starting. Pressed down on the brake pedal (automatic gears) for 10 seconds and then started. 

Problem solved at least for the time being, I might actually have some money left for Christmas.

I'm pretty sure this was something to do with the faulty battery connection, after all it deregulated the car clock every time (3 - 4 times a day) things went dead, so why not the dashboard circuitry?

Hope this helps somebody.

If the check engine light coming on with the bad battery connection as the reason, remove the ground cable from the Battery. Wait a couple of minutes, reconnect.

This will reset the ECU and if it no longer detects the bad connection, the check engine light will not illuminate.

Archived