What would you say if your condo management company...

On 11/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, zappalot said:

They call the police if you start fixing jobs by yourself... Stop giving stupid advice...

yes he is right, you have more time to complain online than doing something yourself, just like most Thai !

On 11/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, zappalot said:

Reading helps.

As explained before the problem are not the bulbs. They will be off again within a week or so. After 25 years it seems that some problems with the cables or the light fixture.

So it does not make sense at all to exchange A) if the problem is actually B)

The management is hiring, they are searching exactly people like you... 555

Proper explanations help.

In your post you mention nothing of cable problems? The problem with idiot’s is that they don’t know they are one.

5 hours ago, CH1961 said:

Long time rentals on Airbnb ????

You are telling fairy tales. 

I often used airbnb for long term rentals under 1 year before i completely moved here.

No one gives you a contract for 6 months, that's why many people use airbnb that aren't short term renters.

2-3 month in an airbnb is way better than 2-3 months in a hotel.

On 11/30/2019 at 8:54 AM, zappalot said:

You should urgently check your sources of information - to much fake news out there...

Airbnb legal/illegal
Stay < 30 days
Stay > 29 days
Condo
Illegal
Legal
House with 4 or less bed rooms
Legal
Legal

You declared all that income and paid tax on it? Not joking about that. I know someone (Thai), visited by tax department after foreigner staying there demanded TM30 registration, and added contract showing years of staying in there with monthly rental fee. They wanted over a million baht with all the fines and late payment fees. It was a house though, not condo, and probably costing quite a lot per month.

1 hour ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I often used airbnb for long term rentals under 1 year before i completely moved here.

No one gives you a contract for 6 months, that's why many people use airbnb that aren't short term renters.

2-3 month in an airbnb is way better than 2-3 months in a hotel.

Agree, AirBNB saved me before when trying to find something for less than a year. I'd say majority of people are still short-term renters though, which is illegal in Thai condos.

6 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Starting this topic about bulbs and now we are at Airbnb and the value of condos. Amazing.

Ah, my bad, I 2want talking about a condo. That's a whole new world of Airbnb hurt. 

Should have read back more before commenting. 

On 11/29/2019 at 3:01 PM, zappalot said:

As stated before: reading helps. Just commenting without reading through the facts of the posts does not really make sense.

And how do you know how the building looks if you have not seen any pictures of it? 

There are lots of condominium buildings in Bangkok with a high price tag, looking good at first sight. But if you look around you even find in the hi-so buildings plenty of problems no one cares about. So to say if you buy cheap you get problems and if you buy expensive you won't is utmost nonsense.

Well you bought a condo where the lights don't work, you slate the building and management

then try to tell us what a great investment you've made.

It's a very odd post.

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You declared all that income and paid tax on it? Not joking about that. I know someone (Thai), visited by tax department after foreigner staying there demanded TM30 registration, and added contract showing years of staying in there with monthly rental fee. They wanted over a million baht with all the fines and late payment fees. It was a house though, not condo, and probably costing quite a lot per month.

From what i know the revenue department is/was working on linking all this stuff up, they invested heavily in automating all this tax stuff. That's prolly one of the main reasons for tm30 - tax evasion is rampant here. 

Would link the article but it's from the newspaper that shall not be linked here.

Archived