UK PM Johnson says UK will leave EU by January 31 at the latest

snoop1130

UK PM Johnson says UK will leave EU by January 31 at the latest

rtr.PNG

FILE PHOTO: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson visits Chulmleigh College as he campaigns in Devon ahead of the upcoming general election, in Chulmleigh, Britain November 28, 2019. Dan Kitwood Pool via REUTERS/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Friday that Britain would leave the European Union by Jan. 31 at the latest if his Conservative Party win a majority in the election in two weeks time.

“If we can get a working majority then we will come on Jan. 31 at the absolute latest,” Johnson told LBC radio.

He also repeated his message that he saw no reason why Britain would need to extend the transition period after Brexit beyond the end of 2020.

Asked if he would rather be prime minister or have Britain leave the EU, he replied: “I would rather get us out of the EU. I can tell you that.”

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-11-29

1 minute ago, snoop1130 said:

“If we can get a working majority then we will come on Jan. 31 at the absolute latest,” Johnson told LBC radio.

the magic word here is IF .....  as he said before IF I have to ask for another extension would prefer to die in a ditch 555

12 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Shoot the traitors!

And their families.

Since when did democracy require respecting a non-legally binding referendum result obtained with a lot of lies and fraud? A result that would have been ruled null and void had it been legally binding? A result the meaning of which is unclear given the plethora of "brexits" on offer, none of which would benefit the country in any way?

1 hour ago, flossie35 said:

Since when did democracy require respecting a non-legally binding referendum result obtained with a lot of lies and fraud? A result that would have been ruled null and void had it been legally binding? A result the meaning of which is unclear given the plethora of "brexits" on offer, none of which would benefit the country in any way?

jeez, there are many weirdos on the foggy islands

On 11/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, Thingamabob said:

I cannot see anything beyond another hung parliament no matter what the polls say. I can only hope I'm wrong.

But who would become the Kingmaker ….? ????

On 11/30/2019 at 5:20 AM, Rookiescot said:

This is excellent news for Scotland.

Independence is guaranteed.

Bye bye Conservative voting England and thanks for the fish ????

And you'll have wee Jimmie Krankie as your new Prime Minister! Enjoy! ????

Nicola-Jim-463550

On 11/30/2019 at 12:20 PM, Rookiescot said:

This is excellent news for Scotland.

Independence is guaranteed.

Bye bye Conservative voting England and thanks for the fish ????

What fish?

Sturgeon, there's fishy, will have to give away all the fish to the EU's trawler fleets. Which she'll do without even thinking as she'll do whatever else they demand to let her apply for EU membership.

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

Jo Swinson: You think you're going to get Brexit done? "You're in episode one of a ten season box set!" 

Jo Swinson: "We're going to abolish tuition fees." 

Forms a coalition.

Jo Swinson: "Just kidding about the tuition fees, I'm voting to raise them."

And you label Johnson a liar? 

Brexit is all lies....

Top British diplomat resigns over Brexit "dishonesty."

"I am at a stage in life where I would prefer to do something more rewarding with my time, than peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/06/uk/top-british-diplomat-quits-brexit-intl/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

17 hours ago, tebee said:

"I am at a stage in life where I would prefer to do something more rewarding with my time, than peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust."

Isn't that what all diplomats are supposed to do, whatever the issue or government in power? Sounds like she's been box ticked into the Ambassadorial top job and now can't stand the heat, or just doesn't like the result like the other Remainers. Time to go love.

Never mind, she could get a job as a drama queen somewhere. Not that she'd need one, after 33 years in the foreign service there must be a comfortable pension.   

Archived