UK PM Johnson says UK will leave EU by January 31 at the latest

snoop1130

I think most diplomats work for the country, not thr government, and are supposed to portray an aura of credibility, rather than being shabby mouth-pieces for charlatans trying to plunder the nation from the offices of power. 

I think Boris Johnston may achieve some degree of credibility when he follows through on his stated ambition of dying in a ditch rather than allowing Brexit to drag on past Oct. 31st.  A simple ambition, entirely within his own power, but another false promise to the electorate.

I'm a Remainer, and I think he's doing a great job.

51 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think Boris Johnston may achieve some degree of credibility when he follows through on his stated ambition of dying in a ditch rather than allowing Brexit to drag on past Oct. 31st.  A simple ambition, entirely within his own power, but another false promise to the electorate.

I'm a Remainer, and I think he's doing a great job.

It's because of remoners that the Country is in the state as it is , you just cannot understand a Democratic vote,

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

I think most diplomats work for the country, not thr government, and are supposed to portray an aura of credibility, rather than being shabby mouth-pieces for charlatans trying to plunder the nation from the offices of power. 

this varies a bit from country to country

normally diplomats that are ambassa. represents the head of state/sovereign state

day to day normally managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

the rest of the diplomatic heap are civil servants working for the government,

managed by the MFA

(surely, civil servants represents the country - most of the time - but guided by MFA)

of course there are exceptions and variants here

Archived