Police officer grabs some extra income with second role as food delivery driver

snoop1130

Police officer grabs some extra income with second role as food delivery driver

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1575016224_1-org.jpg

Snr Sgt Maj Jiraphat Nawathong of the Phuket Tourist Police prepares to make a delivery as part of his second job with Grab. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- An experienced officer is being lauded as a role model as he has taken on a second job as a Grab food delivery driver to teach his daughter the value of money and hard work.

Taking on an extra part time job is common among many people looking to bring in some extra income and that is exactly what Snr Sgt Maj Jiraphat Nawathong has decided to do. Mr Jiraphat, who is chief of the Prevention and Suppression Division at the Phuket Tourist Police, has, for the past four months, has been delivering food via Grab in addition to juggling his daily responsibilities.

Mr Jiraphat told The Phuket News that he has worked as a police officer for 26 years, 14 years of which have been stationed with the tourist police in Phuket. Rather than rest idly he decided that the extra workload would not only generate additional income but also provide an invaluable lesson to his daughter as to the value of money and hard work.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/police-officer-grabs-some-extra-income-with-second-role-as-food-delivery-driver-73813.php#8A8RmpSg9oCeliYr.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-29

On 11/30/2019 at 6:59 AM, ChipButty said:

When I was a kid I had a paper round morning and night then I got a job in a Timber yard which was good I could work on Saturdays and school holidays

Work ethic is what is sorely missing in this day and age, when i was a kid (12 or 13) i helped the milkman Saturdays and Sundays delivered papers in the evening to 7 shops and then sold from the newspaper stand outside the station. Started work when i was 15 and paid cash for my first motorbike on my 16th birthday. no fast food outlets in those days.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:59 AM, ChipButty said:

When I was a kid I had a paper round morning and night then I got a job in a Timber yard which was good I could work on Saturdays and school holidays

I'm sure that story made the local press!!!

Archived