BANGKOK
ricklev

Legal THC Oil - Where?

1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

Sawasdee Clinic has full extract tinctures for ฿1000. They’re just south of Don Mueang airport. 

777E5A37-7536-495B-A634-62462C373501.jpeg

Thank you!  That clinic is on this list and there is also one listed on Silom.  I wonder if the price is controlled by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization as there was another poster who mentioned that they paid 1000 baht for the vial.  https://www.thaicbd.info/cannabis-clinic-thailand/

There needs to be some clarification as to what is going on and the procedures needed to get legal THC/CBD oil.

1. Thaicbd.info is not an official government website. It's just some site that someone setup to raise awareness. Why is there no official list of places that can prescribe legal cannabis? And if there is, are these small clinics listed there?

2. Why articles saying that  "Thailand's first clinic" just opened when there have been clinics open for a long time now? Is this poor journalism or all the clinics that have been offering thc oil a black market thing? https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/well-being/first-clinic-to-offer-medical-cannabis-opens-in-central-thailand

https://grizzle.com/thailand-unveils-cannabis-clinic/

There are also articles saying that vendor in Chiang Mai was recently busted. This is very confusing information being put out.

3. Sawasdee Clinic and others appear to be legit because they have FB and people dressed as doctors/nurses. But in the mentioned example, the clinic is located in a residential soi with no other businesses around it. It looks more like a residence from the outside. It's probably legit, but it seems a little sus...

4. By visiting the clinic and getting the product, does that qualify you as legally able to use and own the product or is it grey area? They will give you a "medical certificate" stating that you were examined for an illness, but it does not state the treatment or prescription. There is no indication that you are cannabis patient on this certificate.

I do feel that what is going on is *probably* legal, since it is being done out in the open. I've also visited a clinic and the operation appears to be legitimate. But I have seen no picture of what an actual "cannabis card" or license looks like. I haven't seen a prescription for it either. Only medical certificates that don't specifically mention cannabis. I think everyone needs to know exactly what they need to have on them at any given time if they were to ever be questioned by an official as to why they are in possession of THC/CBD. And we need an official source that states what places are offering legal and tested goods so that no one ends up buying fake product.

• Like 1

I have a "cannabis card" from Chao Phraya Aphaiphubet Hospital in Prachinburi but I am sure the cops would consider it a joke. As I understand it, to get a certificate from the FDA at present you need to be taking THC/CBD produced by the GPO.

• Like 1

My understanding was THC oil gets you high and CBD doesn't. 

I have had THC vape and got high and had CBD gummies and not got high but felt bit of pain relief.

So why would Thailand be giving the one that gets you high? Am I missing something here.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

My understanding was THC oil gets you high and CBD doesn't. 

I have had THC vape and got high and had CBD gummies and not got high but felt bit of pain relief.

So why would Thailand be giving the one that gets you high? Am I missing something here.

"Am I missing something here."

The profit motive?  

6 hours ago, Guitar God said:

Sawasdee Clinic has full extract tinctures for ฿1000. They’re just south of Don Mueang airport. 

777E5A37-7536-495B-A634-62462C373501.jpeg

Cert is 200baht 

4 hours ago, orientalist said:

I have a "cannabis card" from Chao Phraya Aphaiphubet Hospital in Prachinburi but I am sure the cops would consider it a joke. As I understand it, to get a certificate from the FDA at present you need to be taking THC/CBD produced by the GPO.

I brought my cert to korat police station was accepted and told I should go to hospital in Korat for meds by the police , Korat are a Great Police btw, I can’t find CBD oil with THC , I went to Buriram Hospital Clinic , but they have CBD oil on sale Friday only, Where to get GPO , Please

• Haha 1

There is a clinic right near Baiyoke sky hotel at Indra Mall 2nd Floor back of the Mall THC big signs on that 2nd gloor but her doctor wasn’t there , I needed cert first so went to Don Muang area and went to Sawasdee Clinic very compassionate group there 

4 hours ago, dia1 said:

There needs to be some clarification as to what is going on and the procedures needed to get legal THC/CBD oil.

1. Thaicbd.info is not an official government website. It's just some site that someone setup to raise awareness. Why is there no official list of places that can prescribe legal cannabis? And if there is, are these small clinics listed there?

2. Why articles saying that  "Thailand's first clinic" just opened when there have been clinics open for a long time now? Is this poor journalism or all the clinics that have been offering thc oil a black market thing? https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/well-being/first-clinic-to-offer-medical-cannabis-opens-in-central-thailand

https://grizzle.com/thailand-unveils-cannabis-clinic/

There are also articles saying that vendor in Chiang Mai was recently busted. This is very confusing information being put out.

3. Sawasdee Clinic and others appear to be legit because they have FB and people dressed as doctors/nurses. But in the mentioned example, the clinic is located in a residential soi with no other businesses around it. It looks more like a residence from the outside. It's probably legit, but it seems a little sus...

4. By visiting the clinic and getting the product, does that qualify you as legally able to use and own the product or is it grey area? They will give you a "medical certificate" stating that you were examined for an illness, but it does not state the treatment or prescription. There is no indication that you are cannabis patient on this certificate.

I do feel that what is going on is *probably* legal, since it is being done out in the open. I've also visited a clinic and the operation appears to be legitimate. But I have seen no picture of what an actual "cannabis card" or license looks like. I haven't seen a prescription for it either. Only medical certificates that don't specifically mention cannabis. I think everyone needs to know exactly what they need to have on them at any given time if they were to ever be questioned by an official as to why they are in possession of THC/CBD. And we need an official source that states what places are offering legal and tested goods so that no one ends up buying fake product.

I think even if it's legal most police won't care even with a certificate. If you get caught or you urine get tested then they will probably try to extract 20K baht or more. If this happen to me they will get nothing and I will fight it in court. I'm doing everything by the book by using only what was prescribed by my doctor. I expect it won't go to court after they talk with my lawyer but you never know... 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I think even if it's legal most police won't care even with a certificate. If you get caught or you urine get tested then they will probably try to extract 20K baht or more. If this happen to me they will get nothing and I will fight it in court. I'm doing everything by the book by using only what was prescribed by my doctor. I expect it won't go to court after they talk with my lawyer but you never know... 

It sounds like that could get expensive.  I applaud all of you picking up the ball and running with it so soon.  Good luck and safe travels!

• Like 1