Legal THC Oil - Where?

1 hour ago, Guitar God said:

Sawasdee Clinic has full extract tinctures for ฿1000. They’re just south of Don Mueang airport. 

777E5A37-7536-495B-A634-62462C373501.jpeg

Thank you!  That clinic is on this list and there is also one listed on Silom.  I wonder if the price is controlled by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization as there was another poster who mentioned that they paid 1000 baht for the vial.  https://www.thaicbd.info/cannabis-clinic-thailand/

There needs to be some clarification as to what is going on and the procedures needed to get legal THC/CBD oil.

1. Thaicbd.info is not an official government website. It's just some site that someone setup to raise awareness. Why is there no official list of places that can prescribe legal cannabis? And if there is, are these small clinics listed there?

2. Why articles saying that  "Thailand's first clinic" just opened when there have been clinics open for a long time now? Is this poor journalism or all the clinics that have been offering thc oil a black market thing? https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/well-being/first-clinic-to-offer-medical-cannabis-opens-in-central-thailand

https://grizzle.com/thailand-unveils-cannabis-clinic/

There are also articles saying that vendor in Chiang Mai was recently busted. This is very confusing information being put out.

3. Sawasdee Clinic and others appear to be legit because they have FB and people dressed as doctors/nurses. But in the mentioned example, the clinic is located in a residential soi with no other businesses around it. It looks more like a residence from the outside. It's probably legit, but it seems a little sus...

4. By visiting the clinic and getting the product, does that qualify you as legally able to use and own the product or is it grey area? They will give you a "medical certificate" stating that you were examined for an illness, but it does not state the treatment or prescription. There is no indication that you are cannabis patient on this certificate.

I do feel that what is going on is *probably* legal, since it is being done out in the open. I've also visited a clinic and the operation appears to be legitimate. But I have seen no picture of what an actual "cannabis card" or license looks like. I haven't seen a prescription for it either. Only medical certificates that don't specifically mention cannabis. I think everyone needs to know exactly what they need to have on them at any given time if they were to ever be questioned by an official as to why they are in possession of THC/CBD. And we need an official source that states what places are offering legal and tested goods so that no one ends up buying fake product.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

My understanding was THC oil gets you high and CBD doesn't. 

I have had THC vape and got high and had CBD gummies and not got high but felt bit of pain relief.

So why would Thailand be giving the one that gets you high? Am I missing something here.

"Am I missing something here."

The profit motive?  

4 hours ago, orientalist said:

I have a "cannabis card" from Chao Phraya Aphaiphubet Hospital in Prachinburi but I am sure the cops would consider it a joke. As I understand it, to get a certificate from the FDA at present you need to be taking THC/CBD produced by the GPO.

I brought my cert to korat police station was accepted and told I should go to hospital in Korat for meds by the police , Korat are a Great Police btw, I can’t find CBD oil with THC , I went to Buriram Hospital Clinic , but they have CBD oil on sale Friday only, Where to get GPO , Please

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is a clinic right near Baiyoke sky hotel at Indra Mall 2nd Floor back of the Mall THC big signs on that 2nd gloor but her doctor wasn’t there , I needed cert first so went to Don Muang area and went to Sawasdee Clinic very compassionate group there 

24 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I think even if it's legal most police won't care even with a certificate. If you get caught or you urine get tested then they will probably try to extract 20K baht or more. If this happen to me they will get nothing and I will fight it in court. I'm doing everything by the book by using only what was prescribed by my doctor. I expect it won't go to court after they talk with my lawyer but you never know... 

It sounds like that could get expensive.  I applaud all of you picking up the ball and running with it so soon.  Good luck and safe travels!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, orientalist said:

I have a "cannabis card" from Chao Phraya Aphaiphubet Hospital in Prachinburi but I am sure the cops would consider it a joke. As I understand it, to get a certificate from the FDA at present you need to be taking THC/CBD produced by the GPO.

Correct ! If they find you with with THC or CBD they will threaten you anyway and you will pay to avoid any problems. It already happened many times. So why having any official card when the consequences are the same...

3 hours ago, sikishrory said:

My understanding was THC oil gets you high and CBD doesn't. 

I have had THC vape and got high and had CBD gummies and not got high but felt bit of pain relief.

So why would Thailand be giving the one that gets you high? Am I missing something here.

Try something called internet first...

CBD oil works better with THC. This is now clear for all researches.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ricklev said:

Yes. If it's not GPO it's illegal. 

Screenshot_20191130-172215_LINE.jpg

There's no way tell if the medication people are receiving is GPO or not. The cannabis products coming out of Thai clinics and hospitals all have different labels. I have yet to see anyone (from people posting experiences online) get a bottle of a product with the label pictured above. I looked a lot of they all have various labels and seem more specific to that clinic.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, dia1 said:

Would you be kind enough to share a picture of your "cannabis card" with all your personal information blurred out? It would be great if people can compare what they've received to determine if the certifications we're getting are legitimate. It would cool if others share too.

Well, people should be using prescription medication at home. It would look shady if someone was carrying this kind of medication around.

But generally, I think the important thing is for everyone to understand what documents are lawfully required to possess these controlled prescription medications. When we're talking about carrying any other controlled medicine (benzos, certain pain medication, etc.), people are only required to carry a prescription from the doctor on them. It's like that pretty much everyone in the world, for the most part. But is that all we're required to have for THC/CBD prescriptions or is more documentation or a special "card" required?

And yeah, always possible that someone could get a shake down from a corrupt or not-up-to-date police officer. But I can't think of many situations where someone is going to get urine tested other than doing something stupid like driving under the influence or getting into a fight. In that kind of situation anything, including alcohol, could get you in trouble.

But this is Thailand, and occasionally find themselves in weird situations. People need clear direction on what documents are required to prove they are a cannabis patient in the event that they do run into questions. Is it a certain card, a special medical certificate, a prescription? It would be nice to have an *official* website where we can verify that clinics are licensed to operate, are selling safe and tested product, and if any additional steps other than obtaining a certificate or prescription is required. I would hate to see people accidentally buying fake product or thinking they have done everything right but missed a step or didn't receive a required document. A little clarity will keep 99.9% of people from unecessary confusion or legal issues.

My feeling is that right now things have been moving so fast that things are just a little sloppy. I was in Cali when weed become legal medically, and everything was pretty sloppy like this... and it stayed sloppy pretty much until it was decriminalized entirely. People used the term "weed card" but no one really had a card that meant anything. What was important was a signed certificate from the doctor stating you have been evaluated and recommended to use marijuana for medical use. The certifications looked different depending on the doctor you went to.

No we are in the same period in Thailand.... But I think any foreign expats living in Thailand need to be diligent in understanding exactly what is required. We are far more scrutinized than Thai people, so misunderstanding something can be far more detrimental to us than it would for a Thai native.

I expect that Dr. Donna, who is British with a Thai medical license and the proper Thai  cannabis training and certification will have it all sorted soon for legitimate prescriptions of GPO products and all the needed info and documents (to the extent that is possible anyway).  I read that the next GPO distribution of the three oils will be in December.  Hopefully she will be in on it.   https://www.medconsultasia.com/post/quick-facts-medical-cannabis-in-thailand

Dr. Donna:  http://www.thebigchilli.com/feature-stories/how-british-expat-dr-donna-earned-her-thai-medical-license

Edited by ricklev
  • Like 1

The Cannabis Clinic we go to in Lampang is inside a large government hospital and dispenses legal government made medical THC oil (like pictured earlier in this thread), 630 Baht per small bottle (prior to the double pricing which is maybe now in effect) if you have a doctor's prescription which I have because I have a cancer tumor in my throat. All they have had so far since summer is THC oil. I have been wanting CBD oil. Eventually, they plan to have THC oil, CBD oil or a combo THC/CBD oil available via the Thai government. We drive there from Chiang Mai and have been 3 times so far. First trip in August, they gave me 900+ Baht of Morphine pills/liquid (because they only had a limited amount of THC oil), but that stuff knocks me out. Second and third trips I got the GPO THC oil.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, poka513 said:

All they have had so far since summer is THC oil. I have been wanting CBD oil. Eventually, they plan to have THC oil, CBD oil or a combo THC/CBD oil available via the Thai government. W

Yes, it is the same at the Prachinburi clinic and the Buddha Chinnarat Hospital clinic in Phitsanulok. Everyone is waiting for CBD to become available. Different ailments require a different formulation - CBD, THC or the combo. THC alone does not work for me. Most people I see in the clinics have cancer and may benefit from it.

For those who haven't used it yet: the amount of THC they give you in sublingual oil (1-4 drops a day at 1.7% or 2%) does not get anyone high.

• Like 1

I finally got home and received my prescription oil. The bottle has no marking or dosage indication. The tincture has a strong smell of cannabis oil extracted via alcool solvent method but no distinct solvent smell remain. I took 2 drops sublingualy but it's too soon to tell anything. I paid 1800 + 70 baht shipping. I'm not sure what amount is in the bottle but it is full. 

IMG_20191202_165808.jpg

• Like 2