Jump to content
BANGKOK
ricklev

Legal THC Oil - Where?

Recommended Posts

Thanks for posting that picture.  It seems very unlikely it's legal (but that doesn't mean it's not some kind of cannabis oil.) I'm looking forward to your report.  🙂  Here is the real deal 50/50 CBD/THS from the GPO:

37748a_ed4e6537a6484725b82c0406d3caea46~mv2.webp

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 12:04 AM, gamesgplayemail said:

 

Correct ! If they find you with with THC or CBD they will threaten you anyway and you will pay to avoid any problems. It already happened many times. So why having any official card when the consequences are the same...

 

Nope. I have the certificate that was issued when a friend of our 22 year old son went to see a psychiatrist, threw a little bag of pot that was illegally purchased on the table and told the doc that that's the only medicine that keeps him painless.

 

   A short chat and he received his clearance in form of a letter that he can legally purchase oil that contains THC and use it. A bit on a fag does the trick and all pain caused by reading certain topics is gone. 

 

  I have this copy in Thai on my PC and might give it a try and report back, if I still can. Lol

 

  

Edited by Isaanbiker
THC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 4:57 PM, dia1 said:

Sawadee Clinic and others appear to be legit because they have FB and people dressed as doctors/nurses.

I assumed the same thing when I popped into Dr BJ's about my lumbago. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 2:59 AM, bkk6060 said:

A new bunch of stoners giving excuses to get a weed prescription?

Before they legalized it in Calif. it was mostly skateboarders and snowboarders claiming fake pain.

I think all of it is a very bad idea that will just contribute to more problems, carnage on the roadways and elsewhere.

It's time to party and have some fun relax and enjoy life.I used to ride a skateboard,in fact my first skateboard I made from a roller skate.I never felt I needed an excuse to get stoned and have enough pain to remind me that I'm alive.It's good you think it's a bad idea because that's what you want to do,and like you I will do what I want even if it means enjoying myself.

would you also have hemp remain illegal?You can't get stoned from hemp but you can get the same amount of paper for 1 rai of land as 4 rai of trees and in 6 months not 20 years.Do you have any remotely plausible reasons for being against hemp?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 2:59 AM, bkk6060 said:

A new bunch of stoners giving excuses to get a weed prescription?

Before they legalized it in Calif. it was mostly skateboarders and snowboarders claiming fake pain.

I think all of it is a very bad idea that will just contribute to more problems, carnage on the roadways and elsewhere.

You forgot to take your morning medication again!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 2:59 AM, bkk6060 said:

A new bunch of stoners giving excuses to get a weed prescription?

Before they legalized it in Calif. it was mostly skateboarders and snowboarders claiming fake pain.

I think all of it is a very bad idea that will just contribute to more problems, carnage on the roadways and elsewhere.

 

F0953CB0-930D-4CF4-BF9F-B1AD9B51CB86.jpeg

Edited by TimBKK
File size

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, Tayaout said:

I think even if it's legal most police won't care even with a certificate. If you get caught or you urine get tested then they will probably try to extract 20K baht or more.

 

For Thais, 30,000.

 

For foreigners, up to 120,000.

 

Plenty of first-hand reports out there.

 

People taking oils other than GPO-packaged are nuts.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

 

For Thais, 30,000.

 

For foreigners, up to 120,000.

 

Plenty of first-hand reports out there.

 

People taking oils other than GPO-packaged are nuts.

 

 

 

I don't get why anyone is focused on the packaging. It's pretty common in Thailand to replicate legitimate packaging. They do it for all sort of fake junk sold at street stalls. If these clinics were fake, they would just throw a fake GPO label on the oils. Also, this is Thailand, so it doesn't seem at all probable that there would be consistency in the packaging in something that is relatively new where they are running out of stock continually. Literally nothing is consistent here.

 

While I'm not clear as to why things seem so muddy, we do know that there are real doctors in these clinics, at least according to the medical certificates on the wall. And this is happening in the middle of the day, in the middle of the city without even a hint of secrecy. In multiple cities all over Thailand. I can't imagine that all these doctors and nurses would risk their careers to peddle illegal oil [not impossible.... just very unlikely], and I can't imagine they'd be allowed to run so openly for so long. The police in every province where it's available would be jumping on these places right away and fighting over who gets to take credit for busting them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

 

For Thais, 30,000.

 

For foreigners, up to 120,000.

 

Plenty of first-hand reports out there.

 

People taking oils other than GPO-packaged are nuts.

 

 

 

 

Ridiculous as most people who repeat like idiots what other say !

 

THC positive I paid 5000 and that's all ! just went back home !

 

Funny you all...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 12:41 AM, rech said:

THC positive I paid 5000 and that's all ! just went back home !

 

5,000 THB for a street-side THC positive urine test seems reasonable. Some districts (Thong Lo) start off at 30,000, and will negotiate down. Meth positive is higher, usually 30,000 hard-cap.

 

30,000 seems like the standard for Cannabis POSSESSION, of a personal amount (a few grams), while the 120,000 opt-out was the result of 50+ grams on the person (he walked).

 

All these figures are PBA "donations", meant to avoid having to enter the system.

 

 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, dia1 said:

I don't get why anyone is focused on the packaging. It's pretty common in Thailand to replicate legitimate packaging. They do it for all sort of fake junk sold at street stalls.

Exactly.

 

There's "THC Oil" on Shopee for goddness sakes, and all over FB.

 

Ingesting products of unknown origins is risky, unless you want "Jake-leg". Six dollar Jaques Danielles from the Cambodian market might be better for you?

 

 

 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, dia1 said:

If these clinics were fake

How many cosmetic surgeries have been exposed as fake? A lot.

 

On 12/4/2019 at 9:38 PM, dia1 said:

we do know that there are real doctors in these clinics, at least according to the medical certificates on the wall

Khao San University. Brilliant.

 

 

 

 

Edited by blackcab
Bold font removed. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As i see it, there are several factors in play here. Firstly, when it comes to medical treatment with cannabis derivatives, the science is just not deep enough yet to determine the right preparations and correct dosages for each condition. Cannabis has been illegal for so long, medicine is playing almost a century of catch-up research since cannabis was removed from the pharmacopoeae in the 1930s.

 

It will take time before such research bears fruit. Meanwhile, we are all just human guinea pigs, albeit with a product that is not so dangerous and which side effects can be mitigated by reduction in dose or dropping it completely.

 

The prices for both CBD & THC oils are outrageous overseas. On Thailand's scale, they're still very costly, no affordable by an average working-class patient unless they can be covered by govt health plans. The eagerness with which cannabis is being embraced gives the lie to any altruistic motive. It's about money.

 

Lastly, in Canada & the US states where medical cannabis became legal, the patient database was available to law enforcement, making it easy to target users. As foreigners, we're already skating on thin ice here. Being a registered drug user makes us the easiest of targets. There's little medical 'privacy' anywhere but I opine there's even less here.

 

Be prudent, folks, in trying to feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 12:22 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

As i see it, there are several factors in play here. Firstly, when it comes to medical treatment with cannabis derivatives, the science is just not deep enough yet to determine the right preparations and correct dosages for each condition. Cannabis has been illegal for so long, medicine is playing almost a century of catch-up research since cannabis was removed from the pharmacopoeae in the 1930s.

 

It will take time before such research bears fruit. Meanwhile, we are all just human guinea pigs, albeit with a product that is not so dangerous and which side effects can be mitigated by reduction in dose or dropping it completely.

 

The prices for both CBD & THC oils are outrageous overseas. On Thailand's scale, they're still very costly, no affordable by an average working-class patient unless they can be covered by govt health plans. The eagerness with which cannabis is being embraced gives the lie to any altruistic motive. It's about money.

 

Lastly, in Canada & the US states where medical cannabis became legal, the patient database was available to law enforcement, making it easy to target users. As foreigners, we're already skating on thin ice here. Being a registered drug user makes us the easiest of targets. There's little medical 'privacy' anywhere but I opine there's even less here.

 

Be prudent, folks, in trying to feel better.

 

I'm not sure if you've never used cannabis but there is no "correct dosage" that can be applied to it. Unlike traditional medicine, one person will experience strong affects with a small dose while someone else may need ten times as much for less effect. It has nothing to do with weight, male or female, or what the condition is. And in most cases, the dosage needs to be increased over time as our bodies get used to it. In pretty much every case and every condition, a person should start at the lowest dose possible and work their way up until they receive the desired effect. In almost every case, the dosage will change, and only the patient will know what dosage is right for them. The good news is that you can't overdose on cannabis or die from cannabis even if you take too much... making it one of the safest drugs on the plant. Safer than Tylenol.

 

Also, remember that people have been smoking cannabis for ages, and people have been processing cannabis into edibles and tinctures for decades since medical legalization in other countries. It's well known how to produce it properly, so I don't know where you get the idea that there is some sort of science experiment being run.

 

Patient data being available in the US never caused patients to be targeted. I was there, and I'm not sure what they would be targeted for. How can you be targeted for doing something legal? All that happened was shops offering the product popped up on literally every corner almost overnight. Also, keep in mind that cannabis is still illegal at the federal level in the US, medical or otherwise... It is only progressive states wising up who are legalizing it at the local level. On the other hand, medical cannabis is actually legal now everywhere in Thailand. So technically, medical cannabis is more legal in Thailand than the US.

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...