Thailand Schools: Required Submissions

sailorEd

I am currently supporting two nieces in Thailand school system.  I am currently in the US after living years in Thailand and around Asia.  My wife is Thai and while having several USA visa's including green cards has choose to live in Thailand.  I support her and most of her immediate family financially to the tune of over US$3,000 per month.

Girls are enrolled in schools in rural area near Phitsanulok; 16 and 22 years old (special school for girls that dropped out).  Here is my question?  

I do not understand why every time they are required to submit written papers, they have to submit multiple copies.  This week had to submit six (6) copies of report as alternative to going to some kind of four (4) day camp.  Exempted to going to camp due to being pregnant.  Given they are required to have smart phones and computers, why are they messing with paper report submissions and especially six (6) copies. 1600 baht paper expense for this report.  The World is trying to move to electronic communication.  Why is Thailand still happy with wasting money on paper and destroying trees.

Of course the girls have no explanation for this waste of resources; "just the way it is".

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Archived