Police shoot dead man who killed two in London stabbing, call it terrorist attack

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

About 30 years ago a still gigging britt band The Waterboys wrote a great track "Old england is dying"  my god ! what a prophesy , when ya got 5 then give it a listen.

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

Bastards! England is doomed!

Yet the above was written by Socrates between 469 and 399 BC. The old are always grumpy about the young, always have been and always will be. It is just the way of the world.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RickBradford said:

The perp had recently been released from prison where he had been held on "terrorism-related offences" and was known to the authorities at MI5 and police because of his previous conviction, according to the British media.

And thanks to May sacking 20,000 coppers they can no longer monitor all these terrorists who we have residing in the U.K.many of whom have returned after fighting for Isis.

31 minutes ago, baboon said:

But I do worry about sensationalism, given the limited attention span of many in this day and age, and those who seek to capitalise on it.

I worry much more about the media and authorities trying to do everything in their power to avoid mentioning "Islamic terrorism" and making it much harder to have a very necessary open debate about it.

1 minute ago, RickBradford said:

I worry much more about the media and authorities trying to do everything in their power to avoid mentioning "Islamic terrorism" and making it much harder to have a very necessary open debate about it.

And the media's and governments denial to face up to the very real problems facing our country.

10 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

We’ve seen enough examples here on TVF of the usual suspects triggered by news of an ‘attack’ into Islamophobic rants only to learn a few hours later that the attack/attacker had nothing to do with Islam.

Terrorism is effective because of the fear and division it spreads, it is wise not to give the terrorists a helping hand by spreading fear and division on their behalf.

It’s also wise to hold comments and accusations until the facts are known.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ve seen enough examples here on TVF of the usual suspects triggered by news of an ‘attack’ into Islamophobic rants only to learn a few hours later that the attack/attacker had nothing to do with Islam.

Terrorism is effective because of the fear and division it spreads, it is wise not to give the terrorists a helping hand by spreading fear and division on their behalf.

Fair play comment .

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

you should join him, then you will see that the title is not good English, it is unclear, ambigous

Quite right! It's a waste of a shot! Are you going to make him 'more dead?

Police shot a man dead??

59 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The officer 'double tapped him' because that's what he's been trained to do. When a suspect is wearing a suicide vest, you don't wait for him to activate the trigger to establish whether it's real or a dummy.

It in no way indicates the feeling of us Brits at the moment. 

And let's not forget the bloke had his life on the line,and for what? For protecting law abiding citizens.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

If Islam was a far right organisation then the government would ban it. Time to remove Islam from uk. 

Top 2 uk stories on Sky today.

1. Muslim terrorism.

2. Muslim man murders wife with crossbow.

In what way are the religious beliefs of the man in the second story relevant? Does Sky News refer to the religion of all murderers or only those who's religion it knows will create outrage amongst the obsessives?

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Good work by the police and public. But really? Terrorism? Come on, that is surely overstating the case somewhat.

Slaughtering non believers in the name of Allah at the behest of his prophet is terrorism- 'I was made victorious with terror'- the prophet Mohammad.

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think there was just the one or two cases where an attack turned out not to be by a crazed jihadist, 99% of the time it has everything to do with Islam. Islamophobia is just a word made up by the Islamist's to deflect criticism,  but fear of Islam is not irrational, quite the opposite. No we have nothing to fear from the majority of Muslims, but from what they believe in we obviously do. This man was a known terrorist and served a sentence for it, where he should still have been.

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I think there was just the one or two cases where an attack turned out not to be by a crazed jihadist, 99% of the time it has everything to do with Islam. Islamophobia is just a word made up by the Islamist's to deflect criticism,  but fear of Islam is not irrational, quite the opposite. No we have nothing to fear from the majority of Muslims, but from what they believe in we obviously do. This man was a known terrorist and served a sentence for it, where he should still have been.

Yes this man was a known threat, and there are at least 20,000 fewer police officers than there should be.

Not hard to figure why a known threat was left to escalate into an attack.

I don’t think I need to post the video of Theresa May being warned of the consequences of her cuts to the police force.

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Wearing a fake suicide vest is terrorism?

Now don't get me wrong - this homicidal maniac got what was coming to him - but the term 'terrorist' with all the implications that go with the term are rather too easily bandied about nowadays for my liking.

He was a terrorist ,end of ,what planet are you from? so glad to hear the police killed him ,now he will not kill any more innocent people .

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes this man was a known threat, and there are at least 20,000 fewer police officers than there should be.

I don’t think I need to post the video of Theresa May being warned of the consequences of her cuts to the police force.

Agree with you,for once and to my great surprise,so what can be practically done?with Isis being released from Syrian prison camps and the British subjects amongst them wanting to return to blighty,( a year before having wished to destroy it )?

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well said CH.

If we were to deport anyone vaguely suspected of Islamic terrorism we'd need less police to carry out the customary required surveillance.

And an individual recognised as a known threat would then not be able to carry out an attack on British soil.

But our politicians do not want to offend the Muslims thereby losing their possible support come election time. Truth be known few of 'em would vote for Boris any way, the majority of 'em are Labour voters.

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But our politicians do not want to offend the Muslims thereby losing their possible support come election time. Truth be known few of 'em would vote for Boris any way, the majority of 'em are Labour voters.

Now that makes absolutely no sense, does it? We have had a Tory led government since 2010. Are their strategists simply not up to the task of recognising what you 'know', and thus missed a trick to remove crucial Labour support?

43 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If there's such a shortage of police, London Bridge was swarming with 'em yesterday. What do many of those do when there ain't a terrorist attack? Which is 364 days a year.

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

If there's such a shortage of police, London Bridge was swarming with 'em yesterday. What do many of those do when there ain't a terrorist attack? Which is 364 days a year.

They work on dealing with other crimes, which now stand at levels higher than any time since the Tories took power in 2010.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/380963/london-crime-rate/

4 hours ago, baboon said:

Good work by the police and public. But really? Terrorism? Come on, that is surely overstating the case somewhat.

I don't think it's "overstating".

People have different understandings of the words "terrorism" "appeasement" "political correctness" etc.

This story is front page, world wide. Sadly similar stories are somewhat a daily or weekly occurance in the southern parts of here.

Kudos to the brave civilian bystanders who took him down and the to police who ended this vermin's life. And kudos to you Brits with your sensible gun laws. If semi-automatic weapons had been readily available in the UK this would have ended much differently.

I don't care what religion he was, I have nothing but admiration for the members of the public who tackled the attacker and for the police officer that shot him in the head.

My condolences to the friends and families of the innocent victims. 

6 hours ago, baboon said:

Wearing a fake suicide vest is terrorism?

Now don't get me wrong - this homicidal maniac got what was coming to him - but the term 'terrorist' with all the implications that go with the term are rather too easily bandied about nowadays for my liking.

Implications? What about the innocent people that died? 

5 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

now why is it you won't make statements like that when it is a white dude committing a terrorist act? Statistically there are more terror incidents from far-right white people, so can we have witty comment about that?

People like yourself are as bad as this guy, you try to demonize whole communities to cause more violence, just two sides of the same coin. 

Show the stats and source please.

Archived