Police shoot dead man who killed two in London stabbing, call it terrorist attack

rooster59

5 hours ago, car720 said:

Copper double tapped him in plain sight.  Shows the feeling of the Brits at the moment.  Good show old boy.

I'd guess standard procedure for anyone wearing what looks like a suicide bomb - and a wise policy too from a public safety point of view.

And so impressed by the unarmed members of the public who tackled him.

But two dead is too high a price for allowing unwise freedom to known terrorists. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We’ve seen enough examples here on TVF of the usual suspects triggered by news of an ‘attack’ into Islamophobic rants only to learn a few hours later that the attack/attacker had nothing to do with Islam.

Terrorism is effective because of the fear and division it spreads, it is wise not to give the terrorists a helping hand by spreading fear and division on their behalf.

It’s also wise to hold comments and accusations until the facts are known.

The facts were established well enough when you wrote this denial.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes this man was a known threat, and there are at least 20,000 fewer police officers than there should be.

Not hard to figure why a known threat was left to escalate into an attack.

I don’t think I need to post the video of Theresa May being warned of the consequences of her cuts to the police force.

Nothing to do with Police officers on the street , he was arrested by special branch and given a minimum of 8 years in 2012 for plotting bamb attacks. Not the cops who let him out before that to murder was it, or lack of them.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We all are.

Especially those promoting distrust of whole communities based on the actions of a tiny minority.

The vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists but the vast majority of terrorists are Muslims and that is a fact. 

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

The vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists but the vast majority of terrorists are Muslims and that is a fact. 

The reason being their prophet stated he was made victorious by terror and several commands in the Quran to wage jihad, and that did not mean spiritual struggle before the apologists pipe up. It has to be remembered people like this dead jihadist WANT to die in jihad attacks because they believe it wipes away all sins and is a fast track to paradise.

28 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Show the stats and source please.

The latest stats for the UK regards right wing extremism are available below. The member you responded to was in fact referring to the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/19/fastest-growing-uk-terrorist-threat-is-from-far-right-say-police

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We all are.

Especially those promoting distrust of whole communities based on the actions of a tiny minority.

A "tiny minority" and it's entourage, be it neighborhood, family and friends, complicit of tolerance. Millions of Muslims live in and benefit of our western non-muslim countries, and the real danger comes from islamophobia?    

20 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

The reason being their prophet stated he was made victorious by terror and several commands in the Quran to wage jihad, and that did not mean spiritual struggle before the apologists pipe up. It has to be remembered people like this dead jihadist WANT to die in jihad attacks because they believe it wipes away all sins and is a fast track to paradise.

There are 3 religions that believe in one God

the Jews,they invented him ,they are still waiting for the Prophet ,very rarely do we see any terrorist acts

Christians they have Jesus who preached peace and goodwill to your fellow man ,again not a great deal of terrorist acts

Muslim they have Muhammed ,a divorced man who became a warlord ,killed all in his path ,preached that there must be complete submision to the faith and married a 6 year old girl.

well you read what their faith does around the world .and so many of its followers ,seem to be not very good people .

52 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I'd guess standard procedure for anyone wearing what looks like a suicide bomb - and a wise policy too from a public safety point of view.

And so impressed by the unarmed members of the public who tackled him.

But two dead is too high a price for allowing unwise freedom to known terrorists. 

Amen

37 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

the vast majority of Muslims support terrorism against infidels and that is a fact

I'm sure you can support that claim with links to credible sources. I shall hold my breath in eager anticipation of your reply!

1 minute ago, Becker said:

I'm sure you can support that claim with links to credible sources. I shall hold my breath in eager anticipation of your reply!

a few thousand dead innocents in the last few years is a fairly convincing argument for the posters viewpoint. 

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The latest stats for the UK regards right wing extremism are available below. The member you responded to was in fact referring to the USA.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/19/fastest-growing-uk-terrorist-threat-is-from-far-right-say-police

USA not in topic. The Guardian story is just that ... and fastest growing does not mean greatest existing.

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Now please tell us how many of these groups have strapped on a suicide vest and killed people ,lets say just in the UK 

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think you’ll find the vast majority of terrorists who have killed or injured people and n the UK are Irish.

2019? Surely, you will post a footnote so that we may all see from where this "factoid" comes from, eh? I think I have read about Irish bombings in London ... or did I?

The most encouraging thing to come out of this is how people reacted, they didn't all just run away in fear. I've always thought a kind of mob zombie response to these kind of incidents would do a lot to discourage them. Obviously, the police killed him cos he was wearing a (fake) suicide vest. What do you expect them to do, wait for the bomb disposal squad to arrive.

Archived