Police shoot dead man who killed two in London stabbing, call it terrorist attack

rooster59

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nauseus said:

How about reading your own story and accepting that the level and threat of so-called far right terrorism remains low compared to this: 

"The remainder were jihadist, which remains by far the biggest terrorist threat to the UK and has stabilised at a very high level after years of growth".

His right wing 'terror' threat arrests will include people tweeting and maybe flying the union jack or a scuffle at a demo, not quite in the same league as blowing up kids at concerts, mowing them down in lorries or going on a stabbing spree of totally innocent people.

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

No. It dropped like a stone after the banning of most weapons in private ownership. It has risen recently but is still nowhere near previous levels.

The shootings were in the vast majority carried out with illegally held weapons,apart from hungerford and dunblaine,you got the off domestic shooting but nothing like the numbers you get today with gangs,got any figures?

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's working really well for us. How many terrorist attacks in the UK involve guns? None. Terrorist attacks in France, where gun laws are more lax, do generally involve guns and the numbers killed are generally much higher.

Factor in the almost daily mass shootings in the USA, where the number of deaths are on another level and the perps, generally, are not taken down by US citizens exercising their right to bear arms, and relaxing UK gun laws makes no sense at all.

There have been no attacks with guns because they,'re harder to obtain in the uk than mainland Europe where most illegal guns come from eastern European  conflicts and russia.

On 11/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Who’s providing the financial backing for the UK’s press and what are they getting in return?

The opportunity of putting across their own political agenda as in the evening  standards biased  support of uber

14 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not let out early. He was originally given an indeterminate sentence which would have made his release subject to the Parole Board and allowed the authorities to detain him for life if the Parole board weren't satisfied that he no longer posed a threat to society. This type of sentencing was brought in by the previous Labour Government as part of their counter terrorism measures.

Unfortunately, whilst serving his sentence, the Tory Government removed this sentencing option from judges and, as a result, Kahn appealed his sentence which was changed to a straight 16 years. He was released automatically after serving half of his sentence as per Home Office rules.

Rubbish. The appeal had nothing to do with the change of the law in 2012 regarding IPPs.

The truth is that Usman Khan launched an appeal with the help of barrister Joel Bennathan QC. Lord Justice Leveson and the Court of Appeal changed his sentence because he believed that Khan was not enough of a danger to the public to justify him having an IPP.

Well, it looks like Lord Levenson was wrong.

We are all wrong when we think these people are just criminals committing terror offenses who deserve a second chance, for they truely are at war against us, this is a mistake we should not make after all these years of repeated attacks; this is not terror, this is war.   

14 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

His right wing 'terror' threat arrests will include people tweeting and maybe flying the union jack or a scuffle at a demo, not quite in the same league as blowing up kids at concerts, mowing them down in lorries or going on a stabbing spree of totally innocent people.

Utter nonsense. You have previously referenced your sources of content is from far right extremist organisations, therefore one assumes where you source your misinformation. However, the article I referred to referenced specific investigations into far right terrorism planning for murders and so on. it would make a pleasant change for you & other supporters of the far right to stop trolling. BTW expressing support for any form of terrorism is banned on this forum.

17 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Utter nonsense. You have previously referenced your sources of content is from far right extremist organisations, therefore one assumes where you source your misinformation. However, the article I referred to referenced specific investigations into far right terrorism planning for murders and so on. it would make a pleasant change for you & other supporters of the far right to stop trolling. BTW expressing support for any form of terrorism is banned on this forum.

Please stop trolling. I note you continuously downplay the real threat - and the topic of this thread - and obsess over supposed "right wing terrorism" - which is not the topic of this thread. Consider how many % muslims make up of the European population and take a good hard look at the stats. Yes, it is absolutely damning, and IMO time for a massive change to keep the general population, who have been unarmed, safe from these people. Whatever it takes....

ssssssssss.jpg

46 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Please stop trolling. I note you continuously downplay the real threat - and the topic of this thread - and obsess over supposed "right wing terrorism" - which is not the topic of this thread. Consider how many % muslims make up of the European population and take a good hard look at the stats. Yes, it is absolutely damning, and IMO time for a massive change to keep the general population, who have been unarmed, safe from these people. Whatever it takes....

ssssssssss.jpg

yep, by your posts you have repeatedly confirmed your support for far right extremism. trolling has by you and your fellow travellers repeatedly taking my original post out of context. No more comment on this matter as just feeds the right of centre trolls.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:10 PM, neeray said:

"Police shoot dead man ...."

Geez .... This sounds even worse than things that happen in Thailand!

If the man was already dead, why shoot dead man?

Why shoot a dead man?  Target practice.  Use up stale ammo.  Trigger time.  Blow the dust bunnies out of the barrel.  Take your pick.

On 11/30/2019 at 12:36 PM, RickBradford said:

The perp had recently been released from prison where he had been held on "terrorism-related offences" and was known to the authorities at MI5 and police because of his previous conviction, according to the British media.

According to Al Jazeera, he was released after serving only half his sentence. I hope someone loses their job as a result of that ill considered decision.

7 hours ago, nkg said:

Rubbish. The appeal had nothing to do with the change of the law in 2012 regarding IPPs.

The truth is that Usman Khan launched an appeal with the help of barrister Joel Bennathan QC. Lord Justice Leveson and the Court of Appeal changed his sentence because he believed that Khan was not enough of a danger to the public to justify him having an IPP.

Well, it looks like Lord Levenson was wrong.

On his profile at Doughty Street Chambers, they list his achievements and successes:

A first-rate silk with in-depth experience across all areas of serious crime, Bennathan is praised as an "eloquent advocate who can grasp the attention of the judge or jury as needed." "He is a ridiculously clever barrister who is very good at putting clients at ease." ...
In recent years Joel has had convictions for murder and terrorist offences overturned in the Court of Appeal...

Wonder if they'll remove that last bit as not a particularly great achievement in light of what his client went on to do at the recent London Bridge attack...
https://www.doughtystreet.co.uk/barristers/joel-bennathan-qc

1 hour ago, katana said:

On his profile at Doughty Street Chambers, they list his achievements and successes:

A first-rate silk with in-depth experience across all areas of serious crime, Bennathan is praised as an "eloquent advocate who can grasp the attention of the judge or jury as needed." "He is a ridiculously clever barrister who is very good at putting clients at ease." ...
In recent years Joel has had convictions for murder and terrorist offences overturned in the Court of Appeal...

Wonder if they'll remove that last bit as not a particularly great achievement in light of what his client went on to do at the recent London Bridge attack...

If you click on the "Terrorism" tab, it lists a few of the terrorists he has got off the hook. A couple of days ago, that section mentioned Usman Khan by name. But he seems to have deleted it now for some reason!

Also, Joel Bennathan made his Twitter account private a couple of days ago. I wonder why?

1 hour ago, katana said:

Any man can have justice in England provided he pays for it.sir Gerald nabarro.

Pointing at the exaggerated threat of right wing groups is of course classic deflection by those desperately wanting to take the focus of terrorism away from Islamic jihad, it's causes and origins in Islamic scripture. After the lone wolf/mentalityill/what about the old testament lines we get the fiction of right wing terrorism thrown up as if it were somehow comparable to the world wide problem of Islamic jihad, it's not.

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Any man can have justice in England provided he pays for it.sir Gerald nabarro.

It's funny that you should mention that.

You are probably aware that lawyers with the title Q.C. (Queen's Counsel) are regarded as the best lawyers in the UK. It is a title only given to a few elite barristers. Lawyers who have attained the title of Q.C. are notoriously expensive to hire.

Now let's take a look at the list of the lawyers who represented Usman Khan and his fellow terrorists at the April 2013 appeal:

Joel Bennathan Q.C. for Usman Khan
Brian O’Neill Q.C. for the Mohibur Rahman
James Wood Q.C. and Hossein Zahir for Omar Sharif Latif
Andrew Hall Q.C. and Frida Hussain for Abdul Bosher Mohammed Shahjahan
Jim Sturman Q.C. for Nazam Hussain (all instructed by the Registrar of Criminal Appeals)

Alison Morgan (instructed by the Crown Prosecution Service) for the Crown

You will notice that all the terrorists are represented by a Q.C. However, the single prosecutor in the case is the least senior lawyer in the courtroom, with no Q.C. title.

How is it that the 5 terrorists in the case can afford the best legal representation in the land, despite being funded by Legal Aid?

And yet the Crown could only afford to hire one sub-par lawyer to prosecute the case? No wonder all the terrorists won their appeals to be let out early.

This guy got the end he deserved. Wearing a fake bomb vest, and the police

likely saw that as a thereat, and they shot him in case the vest was real and

he may have had a switch to set it off. Good end, good job by the police,

as this low life will not threaten anyone again.

Geezer

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Yet again a false accusation against me. Why the forum management permit repeated lies and misinformation by a core group on this platform in breach of forums rules I do not know. However, the factual flow of information wherein I provided stats of far right extremism within the UK within this topic is below. At no point have I misinformed, only provided facts from HMG to counter an incorrect claim. 

!) On 11/30/2019 at 10:33 AM, PremiumLane said:

now why is it you won't make statements like that when it is a white dude committing a terrorist act? Statistically there are more terror incidents from far-right white people, so can we have witty comment about that? People like yourself are as bad as this guy, you try to demonize whole communities to cause more violence, just two sides of the same coin. 

2) Nauseus Post#60: Show the stats and source please

3) Simple1 Post#68:

The latest stats for the UK regards right wing extremism are available below. The member you responded to was in fact referring to the USA. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/19/fastest-growing-uk-terrorist-threat-is-from-far-right-say-police

This my polite question to this post by PremiumLane:

On 11/30/2019 at 7:33 AM, PremiumLane said:

now why is it you won't make statements like that when it is a white dude committing a terrorist act? Statistically there are more terror incidents from far-right white people, so can we have witty comment about that?

People like yourself are as bad as this guy, you try to demonize whole communities to cause more violence, just two sides of the same coin. 

Show the stats and source please.

Two questions and one observation:

1. What accusation and falsehood is there? I just asked for info.

2. Are you using multiple ID's? I was responding to PremiumLane (originally post 26) not you.

1. No source or anything else was attached in the post that you quote that I responded to (my post 60 to post 26). 

6 minutes ago, nauseus said:

This my polite question to this post by PremiumLane:

On 11/30/2019 at 7:33 AM, PremiumLane said:

now why is it you won't make statements like that when it is a white dude committing a terrorist act? Statistically there are more terror incidents from far-right white people, so can we have witty comment about that?

People like yourself are as bad as this guy, you try to demonize whole communities to cause more violence, just two sides of the same coin. 

Show the stats and source please.

Two questions and one observation:

1. What accusation and falsehood is there? I just asked for info.

2. Are you using multiple ID's? I was responding to PremiumLane (originally post 26) not you.

1. No source or anything else was attached in the post that you quote that I responded to (my post 60 to post 26). 

This is ridiculous = stop spinning! Really got to be the last post on this matter. Your and others accusations against me within this topic is based upon a false narrative than I am seeking to minimise / deflect regards Islamist terrorism in the UK. The reality is I provided facts that far right terrorism, at this time within the UK, is less than Islamist terrorism thereby countering Premiumlane's assertion to the contrary.

7 hours ago, nkg said:

If you click on the "Terrorism" tab, it lists a few of the terrorists he has got off the hook. A couple of days ago, that section mentioned Usman Khan by name. But he seems to have deleted it now for some reason!

Also, Joel Bennathan made his Twitter account private a couple of days ago. I wonder why?

I noticed that as well. A few days ago it mentioned Khan by name but when I looked again yesterday, I could find no reference to him. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me!

Seems like he's earning a good income to represent his clients from legal aid ie taxpayers money, then his client goes on to kill members of the public who's taxes paid for his release!

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

This is ridiculous = stop spinning! Really got to be the last post on this matter. Your and others accusations against me within this topic is based upon a false narrative than I am seeking to minimise / deflect regards Islamist terrorism in the UK. The reality is I provided facts that far right terrorism, at this time within the UK, is less than Islamist terrorism thereby countering Premiumlane's assertion to the contrary.

Calm down dear

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

No accusations. Just questions. 

Yes. Ridiculous.

Last post? Up to you.

Archived