Forget pensioners and Bridge!: Thai police bust darts and balloons fairground game for gambling

rooster59

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, madmitch said:

I spotted children blatantly "gambling" yesterday trying to hook a teddy bear in a crane machine. Perhaps I should have called the police and claim my 50 baht reward.

Still doing that Mitch?

https://news.thaivisa.com/article/35077/latest-gambling-arrests-claw-crane-toy-games-subject-to-instant-crackdown-2-arrests-so-far

I just can't believe what is happening in Thailand. There is just one word for it: stupid stupid stupid. I live partly in the Philippines. Many things not perfect here, but in no way such idiotic restrictions for expats. Pack your things and come to us and tell the Thais to......

You will not regret it.

4 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

Children riding motorbikes with no crash helmets are guided out of school by police because children don't have money to pay fines. It boggles the mind that these rigged fairground games are gambling. 

I agree with the above and further more the police should be charged with gambling with peoples lives....!!!!

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is now beyond a joke. There is stupid, there is really stupid and there is Thai cops with apparently nothing better to do than stop a fairground game that has been around for God knows how long. They were ridiculed for busting the bridge players, so it just remains to be seen how much they get ripped to shreds for this latest moronic behaviour.

We will now all sleep safely in our beds each night now that this dastardly heinous bunch of arch criminals is caught

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is now beyond a joke. There is stupid, there is really stupid and there is Thai cops with apparently nothing better to do than stop a fairground game that has been around for God knows how long. They were ridiculed for busting the bridge players, so it just remains to be seen how much they get ripped to shreds for this latest moronic behaviour.

But are they worried... obviously the thick skin can take the ridicule.

I think you'll find that it wasn't the darts and the cuddly toys game per se that was targeted. I reckon the vendors were probably offering odds on bursting a balloon. Maybe they said like "100baht to 120 you cant burst one with a single throw". I translated this story and there was no mention of exactly how the gambling was taking place. 

Rooster

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Will the police start making traffic safer if i put a complaint?

You will probably find that the people who 'complained' did not win a prize and lost face!! 5555. It is getting ridiculous with these petty so called laws!????????????????

Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing.” Shouldn't they catch Criminals and corruption?

Talking about gambling they have to shut down the lucky number ,how many Millions get  Gambled  on that? Cock fighting / Bull fighting. The Whole place is Sooo corrupt that who that doesn't  "Donate" will get done.

it really is a joke when they raid a fair ground game yet ignore all the gambling dens run by the police, they only get raided when the army does it without letting the police know so they cant remove all the evidence, then the cops running them or taking a big envelope to allow them only get transferred with no charges/jail time/fines. 

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I do agree with you 200%.... we all know the cops are stupid but here they are following orders from an higher enlightened (source) one, sure junta is behind that

Archived