Forget pensioners and Bridge!: Thai police bust darts and balloons fairground game for gambling

rooster59

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is now beyond a joke. There is stupid, there is really stupid and there is Thai cops with apparently nothing better to do than stop a fairground game that has been around for God knows how long. They were ridiculed for busting the bridge players, so it just remains to be seen how much they get ripped to shreds for this latest moronic behaviour.

I think they’ll have to develop a less challenging test to the standard IQ one for these people.I doubt they would register ANY score on the current test and I think we’ve probably even discovered the Thick Gene.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, samsensam said:

two weeks ago there was the local business sponsored annual fair in my soi with many similar stalls and attended by all the high ranking local police, no issues were raised...

Every year at the Loy Kratong holiday on Ban Amphur beach there are stalls similar to this where the kids and adults seem to have lots of fun. Of course to generals in suits, fun isn't allowed. Don't know why they don't come right out and say it, rather than accusing them of promoting gambling.

This Zero Common Sense aspect to Thailand is what has many rubbing their eyes & saying....

"Actually this place really sucks"

Folks use to say they felt more free in Thailand than their home country now....???

It is what it is & as always TIT but what Thailand has become is really sad for both residents & foreigners/expats/tourist

In USA I played where you had to break four out of four to win a large Teddy Bear, with choice of colors. The darts were weighted and you had to find the balance point. I won 13 times in a row. Then two pretty young ladies asked me to win for them. They paid.  Hopeless. Always 3 of 4. Tried to give them bears I had already won but they wouldn't take them. It's not gambling, it's skill.

If they are serious why don't they close down the biggest syndicated professional gang in Thailand? 

THE GOVERNMENT LOTTO!!!!

One rule for them and rediculous rules for us. Up to people how they want to spend their time and money, they earned it!

I havn't read every post so it might have been said. Those little kiosks whe the crane comes down and grabs a teddy is so difficult.

One week I wiped out my pension trying to get a special puppy that the daughter especially liked.

I did see a cuddly duck won at Tescos in Penn once.

7 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

If they are serious why don't they close down the biggest syndicated professional gang in Thailand? 

THE GOVERNMENT LOTTO!!!!

One rule for them and rediculous rules for us. Up to people how they want to spend their time and money, they earned it!

Like any other govt they don't like compatition

7 hours ago, samsensam said:

two weeks ago there was the local business sponsored annual fair in my soi with many similar stalls and attended by all the high ranking local police, no issues were raised...

same in huay yai at the templegrounds last week

2 minutes ago, Fred white said:

I don't know about here but alot of places in the states give the losers a partiticapation trophy

Don't the schools do that here? Not for losing on sports days but for not passing their exams. They are given a pass to ensure the teacher's face. Only a rumour maybe.????

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is now beyond a joke. There is stupid, there is really stupid and there is Thai cops with apparently nothing better to do than stop a fairground game that has been around for God knows how long. They were ridiculed for busting the bridge players, so it just remains to be seen how much they get ripped to shreds for this latest moronic behaviour.

One thing about reading what the BIB are doing in Thailand is,  it gives some comic relief from the ongoing atrocities that are happening globally...

Always good for a few laughs. 

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I havn't read every post so it might have been said. Those little kiosks whe the crane comes down and grabs a teddy is so difficult.

One week I wiped out my pension trying to get a special puppy that the daughter especially liked.

I did see a cuddly duck won at Tescos in Penn once.

They are computer controlled. 

Skill level requirements are only a part of it.

About one coin in 20 triggers the mechanism to grab stronger. 

To all the brave men and women in brown, I just want to say "I appreciate your service" and thank you for ridding the streets of illegal gambling. Hopefully you will address the playing of "rock, paper, scissors" that I've seen the law breaking 7 yr olds engaged in, they have to be held accountable.

Archived