Pattaya: Shoddy Thai construction in the news again

rooster59

Pattaya: Shoddy Thai construction in the news again 

S__17727491.jpg

Image: 77kaoded

Our picture shows 45 year old condo resident Thawut pointing at the damage caused to his Toyota Altis after an iron girder fell on it. 

It appears that the girder was part of external decoration to a condominium in North Pattaya. 

Thawut said it was lucky that he was home at the time the damage happened on Thursday morning. A security guard came up to tell him what had happened. 

S__6553611.jpg

He went straight to the juristic person who delayed him saying that they were waiting for the building contractor to arrive. 

In the meantime he filed a report with the Pattaya police and then contacted the media to appeal for justice.

Thaivisa notes that many stories have appeared in the media citing poor and  shoddy construction at condo projects and buildings in Thailand. 

(It appears that the condominium is "The Trust" though this was misspelled in the 77kaoded story, notes Thaivisa).

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-30

2 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I give his pointing skills an 8/10. Needs a bit of an improvement as his amp looks a bit limp.

An old tactic used by seasoned and unhappy commentators is to point to a person's appearance, however irrelevant to the story at hand. A lack of useful input is obvious by this limp offering.

34 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

A dob of liquid nails glue obviously didn't work. I have spent this week getting my pool pump and tank replaced,by a proffesional,unlike the builders who installed it,head of the company at the time,was a falang by the way,lasted a year and was useless,now i have a proper setup.

You hope

2 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

A dob of liquid nails glue obviously didn't work. I have spent this week getting my pool pump and tank replaced,by a proffesional,unlike the builders who installed it,head of the company at the time,was a falang by the way,lasted a year and was useless,now i have a proper setup.

A company is as good as it's worst employee worker. So really it doesn't matter Who's the big Boss Farang / Chinese/ Aussie or any other. If the Big Boss doesn't check his employees work than hey it could be a <deleted> job. 

16 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

getting my pool pump and tank replaced,by a proffesional,unlike the builders who installed it,head of the company at the time,was a falang by the way,lasted a year and was useless,now i have a proper setup.

You had a westerner attend and do the work..very unusual?  I just get a bunch of barely walking on back legs Cambodians, might get a supervisor who is Thai show his face now and again. Lazy <deleted> he was, 

14 hours ago, digger70 said:

A company is as good as it's worst employee worker. So really it doesn't matter Who's the big Boss Farang / Chinese/ Aussie or any other. If the Big Boss doesn't check his employees work than hey it could be a <deleted> job. 

Not so, a company is only as good as its boss, you said it yourself, a lack of supervision. Workers  will get away with what they can, especially here in LOS. 

On 11/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, rooster59 said:

(It appears that the condominium is "The Trust" though this was misspelled in the 77kaoded story, notes Thaivisa).

It's "The Trust Residence Central Pattaya" as they call themselves (on Soi Paniad Chang).

https://goo.gl/maps/VKNb4KmX7MTQixtSA

https://goo.gl/maps/F4ZzrqAfi6JhnW5j8

Girders before the fall (from street view) :smile:

(there is also a Trust Condo on Sukhumvit)

trustresidence.jpg

Had to evacuate our school twice due to construction problems in the last 2 years. Once the building next to us collapsed and killed workers on site, who were Burmese so heard nothing about it in the news. Then just a month ago the new multi story building replacing it had a girder fall from a crane it never hit the ground and instead damaged the scaffolding around the building. This all right above the primary dept. in the school.  Unskilled slaves are the majority of thai construction site workers and yes they are indentured servants in effect. Sad Thailand....

Do not want to blame the victim but parking outside construction site is usually not a wise idea. If nothing falls some truck can reverse into it or drops of cement or other 100 things that can go wrong 

and why is he parked in disabled zone?

On 11/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, LawrenceN said:

"Thawut said it was lucky that he was home at the time"

If he wasn't home, wouldn't he have been driving his car? Wow! So lucky his car was sitting there where it could be crushed by falling junk.

Maybe he doesn't take his car to work, maybe owns a motorcycle.

Maybe he walks to nearby shops...

On 11/30/2019 at 6:35 PM, Foghorn said:

What actually works properly in this country ,the only things I know of are 

Thai passport office 

Lazada 

kerry logistics 

I don’t know nothing else that does as it is supposed to 

According to this chaps T shirt ' Things go better with Coke '.  Just not this day.

Archived