Bangkok Bank Be1st "Mastercard" for Aliens........

25 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The fixed deposit account bank book at Bangkok Bank is orange. 

How did you use a MasterCard at Bangkok Bank for 6 years when they had Visa earlier? And have you used the TPN MasterCard, the one issued from November 5 2018 for online purchases?? The TPN MasterCard is not same as the MasterCard without the TPN logo. 

yes orange.

i got both at the same time. to be clear, i am talking about credit cards, not debit cards. i know now this topic is about debit cards.  sorry for the confusion. no TPN logos anywhere. Never used the Master Card yet. ????

BB Visa credit card I use everywhere no problems.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes orange.

i got both at the same time. to be clear, i am taking about credit cards, not debit cards. i know now this topic is about debit cards.  sorry for the confusion. no TPN logos anywhere. Never used the Master Card yet. ????

BB Visa credit card I use everywhere no problems.

I have both a proper Visa and the c****y TPN MasterCard from BB.

I use them both, but for different type of transactions/payments. Without the Visa I'd be screwed. 

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yes they are secured cards. the million plus baht i have in a Bangkok Bank fixed savings account for my retirement extension of stay is the collateral for the cards. they asked me how much of a limit do i want and i said 200,000 for each card.

every month my balance is automatically paid from my OTHER regular savings account. 

If for some reason there is not enough money to pay, they use the money in the fixed account.

that has never happened yet. 

have exactly the same set up as you and it has been a walk in the park showing the letter to the IMO how much interest do you get, better then my 1.5% if yes I will go back and RE- negotiate 555

Just now, Mavideol said:

have exactly the same set up as you and it has been a walk in the park showing the letter to the IMO how much interest do you get, better then my 1.5% if yes I will go back and RE- negotiate 555

that what it is for me.

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

So the previous Visa debit cards didn't use TPN?

They have a Be1st Rabbit Siriraj TPN Visa Debit Card. I had another one. Bangkok Banks Union Pay and MasterCard uses TPN. There might also be differences in how Visa and MasterCard uses the TPN. I'm not an expert. I never had any problems with my old Bangkok Bank Visa debit card, but now I do with the new MasterCard. 

3 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

So the previous Visa debit cards didn't use TPN?

I just realized BB still uses one TPN Visa Debit Card, the Be1st Smart TPN Rabbit Siriraj Visa. That debit card is connected to a Personal Accident insurance. But it will also expire December 31.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I used my Bangkok bank debit be 1st card for the skytrain which is also a rabbit card when I'm in Bangkok, so when my card expires does my top up for the sky train expire also, and it's bye bye to any money that is in it?

The only card that I can find on Bangkok Banks website which works on the sky train is the Be1st Smart Rabbit Line (Union Pay). Your branch should be able to move the money from your recent card to a new card.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's strange that your card works so flawless with Paypal. I've tried all, but this card is not accepted by PayPal. 

You must have had very good luck then? 

Hey, just providing my experience - zero issues.

4 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's strange that your card works so flawless with Paypal. I've tried all, but this card is not accepted by PayPal. 

You must have had very good luck then? 

You do have a thai PayPal account?

I added my TPN MasterCard to my PayPal without problem. 

36 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I tried to pay for my China Air ticket by BB MC (debit), it did not work however the bank employee told that I can purchase tickets by this card. ????I’m lucky that I still have an Amex card that I could use it instead. 

Bangkok Bank customer service doesn't understand the problem. I have even had an email conversation with the head office in BKK,and they also don't understand the problem. I told them to talk to MasterCard, but I don't think they did. Wait until January when there are only 2 different debit cards to choose from, Union Pay and the MasterCard. Both are TPN-cards. I wonder how many customers they have today using the old Visa debit cards,and those cards expires December 31.

Edited by Max69xl

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Bangkok Bank customer service doesn't understand the problem.

They just try to sell this card for B300 annually, however the basic card (ATM) does the same for B200. 

Bank employee was not interested to give me a basic ATM. ????????

14 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The more I read of the experiences and problems of our distinguished TVF members with the locally issued credit cards, I guess I will stick to my rather reliable  method used for years and  thank god, no issues yes.....stick on to good ole ca$h !!! ... though unsafe to walk around with a bag stuffed with banknotes, I agree....

How would that resolve the PayPal issue?

7 hours ago, The Theory said:

They just try to sell this card for B300 annually, however the basic card (ATM) does the same for B200. 

Bank employee was not interested to give me a basic ATM. ????????

The TPN MasterCard is supposed to work,but Bangkok Bank doesn't understand the problem. Customer service can not force you to accept a card you don't want, and if you need a thai debit card, a basic ATM-card won't do. 

4 hours ago, Captor said:

If I want to change bank, from Bangkok bank, what bank to choose?

Which one has it all?

Go for Kasikorn Bank if possible. They have a great mobile banking app, K+ and of course also online banking. They're are issuing Visa debit cards and they work as they should. The cheapest debit card is the K-Debit.K-Bank has officially changed the requirements for foreigners, but it's still possible to open a savings account with a bit of luck. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Go for Kasikorn Bank if possible. They have a great mobile banking app, K+ and of course also online banking. They're are issuing Visa debit cards and they work as they should. The cheapest debit card is the K-Debit.K-Bank has officially changed the requirements for foreigners, but it's still possible to open a savings account with a bit of luck. 

OK, thanks. In what way have they change requirements? The not like to have "us" at customers? Girlfriend has Siam. Are they any good? She says they are to find "everywere" and the webpage is better looking than the Bangkok Banks webpage.

11 minutes ago, Captor said:

OK, thanks. In what way have they change requirements? The not like to have "us" at customers? Girlfriend has Siam. Are they any good? She says they are to find "everywere" and the webpage is better looking than the Bangkok Banks webpage.

Kasikorn Bank is everywhere,too. Early this year, the official requirements for a foreigner was passport + wp or passport + retirement Visa. 

From maybe March-April they don't mention individual foreigners at all. But many branches don't know about the changed requirements. 

The "official" requirements at SCB for a foreigner are: Passport + wp. 

I have my BB debit Mastercard connected to my Thai Paypal account, and it works without any problems. I highly doubt there are different rules and functions from card to card. As usual it´s just going to be the human factor that does things in different ways. Some people can connect and verify their cards, others can´t.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I have my BB debit Mastercard connected to my Thai Paypal account, and it works without any problems. I highly doubt there are different rules and functions from card to card. As usual it´s just going to be the human factor that does things in different ways. Some people can connect and verify their cards, others can´t.

If your BB TPN MasterCard works with PayPal is not same as if it works when doing online shopping at every store or company using the card. Cards using TPN does not work same as cards not using TPN. Google it and you'll see. This is a well known fact. Several reports here and on online verifies that. I also have a Visa with no connection to TPN, and it never ever fails online in Thailand or abroad. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If your BB TPN MasterCard works with PayPal is not same as if it works when doing online shopping at every store or company using the card. Cards using TPN does not work same as cards not using TPN. Google it and you'll see. This is a well known fact. Several reports here and on online verifies that. I also have a Visa with no connection to TPN, and it never ever fails online in Thailand or abroad. 

Oh dear, can we just stop it here! I advise you to read the OP. This thread is about using BB Debit Mastercard connected to Paypal for online purchases.

That works perfect! What ever else you are talking about I can not care less about. If BB Debit Mastercard do not work for paying online has to do with that the place selling ain´t offering paypal as an option. End!

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

How much money and how long do you want to park them in the FDA? 

No, it was more a joke. I could have had up to 2.8 % back in the days when I opened up a BB account, but these idiots didn't tell me that I could have had this kind of interest for 3 million baht. Instead, I had only 0.5, or so.

All that was needed to open up a joint account with my wife's name on it. 

I've lost some good money. When I gave a manager 300 K for a fund that promised a good %, the freak used my money and went on the stock market with it.

I've only had some strange experiences with BB Sisaket.