Netflix subscription

SidJames

17 hours ago, torturedsole said:

You've almost answered your own question, Sid.

As you're running ExpressVPN then it really matters little as you can easily change your country location as and when you want to view alternative content.  

I'm using purevpn, but when it's on it is detected by Netflix which then denies access...

It doesn't matter where you buy the subscription, it works based on where you are in the world.  You get the content based on your location (unless using a VPN, many of which Netflix will detect and ignore).

For instance, I have a Thai-based subscription - when I use it in the UK it works just fine but gives me content for the UK (no Thai language content, for example). My neighbour has a subscription bought in Canada, when he uses it here he gets the Thai programming.

12 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Not so.  Check out this link and many others.

Netflix Country Comparison

You're quoting an article that's over 1 1/2 year old.  Yes there are certain country/region specific differences but it's always getting better.  There are plenty of contents (old and recently-released) on local Netflix.  When I moved out to SE Asia on 2012, I was using VPN to access USA Netflix.  I can't remember the last time I had to do that, anymore.

Netflix has 3 subscription plans: basic, standard (HD) and premium (UHD). The price of each plan is the same price in every country. The only difference in a subscription will be the amount of content you are allowed to stream in your geographical location. If you use a proxy, you can stream more content from overseas andnd contrary to one poster's belief, there IS more content available on US Netflix than in Thailand.

18 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Which is or are the VPN's in that case,  that pass totally undetected by the radar of Netflix and other sites ?

ExpressVPN.  I've just signed in on my UK account here in LOS and set my location to 'UK - Kent' and went without a hitch.  Then I signed into Netflix 'USA - San Francisco' and again no problems.

IMG_1873.thumb.JPG.0534dde537977805fa8de777f37ecc7a.JPGIMG_1875.thumb.JPG.9af035c4d8052798c5f36a060cb1088a.JPG

IMG_1873.JPG

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Complete nonsense. Pretty much everything is on the 'Thai' Netflix.

Absolute rubbish I tried the free trial in Thailand last year decided against continuing. Went back to the UK and signed up for superior coverage.

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

It doesn't matter where you buy the subscription, it works based on where you are in the world.  You get the content based on your location (unless using a VPN, many of which Netflix will detect and ignore).

For instance, I have a Thai-based subscription - when I use it in the UK it works just fine but gives me content for the UK (no Thai language content, for example). My neighbour has a subscription bought in Canada, when he uses it here he gets the Thai programming.

I have Australian Netflix and I can watch it here in Thailand without my VPN and the content is Australian, not Thai. So no matter where you are, once you login you get the same content as where you purchased Netflix.

Just now, Franko666 said:

I have Australian Netflix and I can watch it here in Thailand without my VPN and the content is Australian, not Thai. So no matter where you are, once you login you get the same content as where you purchased Netflix.

But if you want to watch the US output then you need a VPN and the US has the biggest catalogue by far.  

1 hour ago, Caine said:

Absolute rubbish I tried the free trial in Thailand last year decided against continuing. Went back to the UK and signed up for superior coverage.

i have FINland VPN no matter were and what vpn software have, only important have use vpn if want own country account and subtitles, and adding location finland, netflix have finnish subtitles good. i buy this netflix account before go to thailand ,but whit vpn this working good in thailand too. and if change location thai ,i have thai subtitles. simple and has working good 2 year now.

15 hours ago, Franko666 said:

Yeah. No.  ????

19 hours ago, Franko666 said:

I'm quite surprised that you receive Netflix content from Aus without a VPN, unless the 

content is the same. I watch Aus 4 and 7-plus and even they block content outside their geographical area.  Also, your second sentence is not correct. I have a US Netflix account and by using a proxy I can login and view the same content as everyone else in the US. If I don't use a proxy to login, I am connected to Netflix according to my ISP. I know this because when I connect to Netflix by proxy, the US homepage displays one of my favorite shows and when this show isn't displayed, I know my ISP has been detected and I am being restricted to regional Netflix content. There is nothing on Netflix's web page that indicates what region your connected too and I suspect this is why you think you are receiving content from Aus.

I signed up for the free 30 day trial a week ago and have to say am bored with it already. Not only have I seen (downloaded everything from torrent sites) most of the current crop of movies, there's not much of a choice of decent TV series either. Can't see keeping it past the end of the free trial.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I signed up for the free 30 day trial a week ago and have to say am bored with it already. Not only have I seen (downloaded everything from torrent sites) most of the current crop of movies, there's not much of a choice of decent TV series either. Can't see keeping it past the end of the free trial.

Just because you have been watching illegal content does not mean that the official legal way is not any good.

I am more than happy with the Thailand Netflix.

So is the Wife with plenty of options for a Thai viewer. 

On 11/30/2019 at 5:11 PM, torturedsole said:

You've almost answered your own question, Sid.

As you're running ExpressVPN then it really matters little as you can easily change your country location as and when you want to view alternative content.  

Until Netflix blocks the server. 

To the op: Your account will be international, it doesn't matter where you subscribe, your content will be dependant on the geolocation of your ip address. 

Netflix makes a constant effort to locate VPN servers allowing people to access their content from other regions, once your VPN has been rumbled they will block it, the issue at hand is how quickly your VPN can change server addresses to stay ahead of the game. 

Thus far no VPN I have ever used has been 100 percent. It's a <deleted> shoot at best 

5 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Just because you have been watching illegal content does not mean that the official legal way is not any good.

I have multiple stream options like cinema HD which is excellent. 

I also have Netflix and will use thst if the content I desire is available there. 

Simply put, it works better. No free stream solution is fool proof, and my torrenting days are over. It's just not necessary anymore and more hassle than it is worth. 

28 minutes ago, fishtank said:

The official legal way sucks!

12 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Until Netflix blocks the server. 

I can't say it won't happen, but I have been using the same reliable Proxy to watch Netfix for over 2 1/2 years and it has never been detected or blocked by Netflix, VUDU, US TV, Aus TV, BBC or any other of the streaming sources I have use. 

Archived