Netflix subscription

SidJames

23 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Rather than respond with a long-winded response this webpage explains it all very succinctly.  ExpressVPN is definitely worth the additional outlay and I'm a very happy long-term customer.

https://pixelprivacy.com/vpn/streaming/netflix/expressvpn/

Before anyone takes this websites recommendation that ExpressVPN is the best source to use to unblock Netflix, they need to scroll down to bottom of the page and read the "disclaimer". This site as well as many others receive income from the companies they recommend. Receiving compensation to recommend a product doesn't seem unbiased. 

It seems your happy paying about $100 a year for ExpressVPN, but it wouldn't be worth the additional outlay to me to pay $85 a year more to unblock Netflix, than what I now pay.    

9 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

Before anyone takes this websites recommendation that ExpressVPN is the best source to use to unblock Netflix, they need to scroll down to bottom of the page and read the "disclaimer". This site as well as many others receive income from the companies they recommend. Receiving compensation to recommend a product doesn't seem unbiased. 

It seems your happy paying about $100 a year for ExpressVPN, but it wouldn't be worth the additional outlay to me to pay $85 a year more to unblock Netflix, than what I now pay.    

+1 for ExpressVPN. It doesn't just unblock Netflix it somehow bypasses torrent throttling. 

11 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

It works and the OP's question is in regard Netflix and his subscription to ExpressVPN.  :coffee1:

Another vote for ExpressVPN here, the provider I was using before (ibvpn) started having real headaches on Netflix but I've been on Express about 18 months now, it lets me flip-flop between UK, USA and other regional Netflix versions without headaches.

The only real annoyance I have about Netflix in TH is that they still don't have an official app in the Play Store that works on the TRUE ID Android box. 

On 12/1/2019 at 7:30 AM, HidyHo said:

You're quoting an article that's over 1 1/2 year old.  Yes there are certain country/region specific differences but it's always getting better.  There are plenty of contents (old and recently-released) on local Netflix.  When I moved out to SE Asia on 2012, I was using VPN to access USA Netflix.  I can't remember the last time I had to do that, anymore.

There is still a very big difference between US Netflix and Netflix in other countries. But probably the difference between the UK Netflix and the Thai Netflix is small.  

I signed up for Netflix in Thailand (while I was resident in Switzerland at the time) and pay half the price I would if I got a Swiss subscription. As pointed out Netflix works everywhere and your content is governed by where you are connecting from. I occasionally pop over to the UK (via VPN) to watch UK only stuff on Netflix (e.g. Red Dwarf) and MOST of the time have no problem. When challenged I just disconnect and reconnect with a different IP address that hopefully they don't know about.

And using Netflix USA via a VPN, a knowledgeable person told me it is an FCC rule that geo-blocking is NOT allowed in the Land of the Free - they cannot throw you you off on Netflix USA for using a VPN. Good because they have a great back catalogue of stuff like the whole of Twilight Zone for example, well I like that sort of thing).

On 12/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

It doesn't matter where you buy the subscription, it works based on where you are in the world.  You get the content based on your location (unless using a VPN, many of which Netflix will detect and ignore).

For instance, I have a Thai-based subscription - when I use it in the UK it works just fine but gives me content for the UK (no Thai language content, for example). My neighbour has a subscription bought in Canada, when he uses it here he gets the Thai programming.

Help! I am ignorant of such things. You can buy a subscription for one country then try Netflix from another country? Please talk slowly. 555

Archived