Videos: After the doom and gloom it's Pattaya BOOMTOWN once again!

rooster59

Videos: After the doom and gloom it's Pattaya BOOMTOWN once again!

DSCN1432.jpg

Pattaya was back with an almighty bang last night - literally!

After a week in which both Thais and foreign visitors have been sounding the death knell for one of Thailand's foremost seaside resorts Pattaya was all smiles again.

It was the International Fireworks Festival 2019 on Pattaya's main beach in which six countries are competing for honors. 

All the doom and gloom of deserted bars and streets was forgotten as a huge crowd thronged the beach and adjacent roads trying to get the best vantage points to view the spectacular world class displays. 

DSCN1441.jpg

A video on the Tessakit Pattaya (local council) site showed large numbers of Thai and foreign tourists in the area. 

One video from Rao Rak Pattaya ("We Love Pattaya") featured the cheers of the crowd as what they thought was the Philippine display coming to an end. 

Teams from Thailand, Argentina, Canada, the UAE (Dubai) and Germany also took part. 

Thai media 77kaoded said that the fireworks were also a celebration of the founding of Pattaya that is marked on November 29th each year. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-30

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this news that keeps coming out? The actual title in Thai doesn't seem to translate to TVs so I think someone creating these headline titles is either taking the <deleted> or pushing propaganda. Maybe a Pattaya local can do some investigative journalism. I've noticed a few people do videos there on life there. It's a good time to post the truth about Pattaya this winter.

2 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

the truth about Pattaya

I moved out of Bangkok twelve years ago because of the traffic jams and pollution.

Roadworks and police banditry have now worsened Pattaya's traffic flow to the point where another move is looking inevitable.

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

I moved out of Bangkok twelve years ago because of the traffic jams and pollution.

Roadworks and police banditry have now worsened Pattaya's traffic flow to the point where another move is looking inevitable.

The traffic has got so bad at weekends ,we no longer even try to go to town .

Pattaya is doomed. Look at the photo with the people on the beach. They are standing but not spending. Not a single person on this photo consumes anything. Some don't even watch the fireworks but are busy with their phones. This is the end. 

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

Pattaya is doomed. Look at the photo with the people on the beach. They are standing but not spending. Not a single person on this photo consumes anything. Some don't even watch the fireworks but are busy with their phones. This is the end. 

I hope that means an end to nonsense postings...........

1 minute ago, Redline said:

Need two events a month like this 

Do you think Thais spend a lot of money on their outing to see the fireworks?

I assume they take their food and drink with them, and maybe a trip to 7-11 for resupply.

With nothing spent in resorts/hotels/bars/restaurants.

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I assume they take their food and drink with them, and maybe a trip to 7-11 for resupply.

No, really I think the country is doomed without addressing the core issues 

7 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

What is this news that keeps coming out? The actual title in Thai doesn't seem to translate to TVs so I think someone creating these headline titles is either taking the <deleted> or pushing propaganda. Maybe a Pattaya local can do some investigative journalism. I've noticed a few people do videos there on life there. It's a good time to post the truth about Pattaya this winter.

The Pattaya is dead argument is almost a big a click and comment generator as any sinsot or Thai women are evil discussion. It's not propaganda, it's business. 

4 hours ago, Beggar said:

Whilst your remark may be tongue in cheek, there is some truth in what you state.

Whilst there may have been crowds of people(not necessarily tourists) on the streets, the surrounding businesses were empty.

I could only imagine that they were wondering how to translate the crowds into actual custom.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes you are right

i was here on the beach the 2 nights of the firework festival

80% of the people was local thais, only 20% tourists

and yes most take their food and drink with them (Me also hehe)

the 7\11 on beach road was busy as hell and aswell the vendors on the beach

The bars and restaurants even in the area? As quiet as usual.

On an anecdotal side at the end of the firework something was going wrong and

one of the floating barges, used as a launch platform, was in fire.

It's looked like a pretty big one and hard to handdle.

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

Whilst your remark may be tongue in cheek, there is some truth in what you state.

Whilst there may have been crowds of people(not necessarily tourists) on the streets, the surrounding businesses were empty.

I could only imagine that they were wondering how to translate the crowds into actual custom.

It’s not rocket science. Sell what people want to buy and at the right price. That’s the way successful businesses have always operated. 

17 minutes ago, Lionrock2312 said:

I can't wait to move to Thailand so I can spend all day on here saying the same negative stuff in thread after thread.

Paradise surly awaits

You'd have to be crazy to move to Thailand in the current political/economic climate.

Philippines, Cambodia & Vietnam are all better bets.

If I wasn't already here, with kids, I wouldn't be coming.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You'd have to be crazy to move to Thailand in the current political/economic climate.

Philippines, Cambodia & Vietnam are all better bets.

If I wasn't already here, with kids, I wouldn't be coming.

Whats wrong with the current political/economic environment ?

Ive recently moved back here for a job that pays more than back home and I don't see/experience any issues.

50 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Ive recently moved back here for a job that pays more than back home and I don't see/experience any issues.

48 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Are you the Indian they were expecting?

43 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

No mate, my skin is white and I dont defecate in the street.

Fair enough.  Then the least you can do is spend 10,000 baht a day.  ????

9 hours ago, Beggar said:

Looks like the guy in the singlet might have just lost his phone to the young lady.

Archived