Jump to content
BANGKOK
rooster59

Videos: After the doom and gloom it's Pattaya BOOMTOWN once again!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Humpy said:

I blame the slump on the rise of bar fines !

This for sure is a reason why there are less sex tourists. Pattaya was known for cheap sex. But this seams not to be the case anymore. And if I look at new bar places like this Tree Town Pattaya and this in the center of the city then I think they didn't realize the change - many more noisy often empty bars. There are still sex tourists around but they huge majority of the new tourists have nothing to do with it. Just came from the Jomtien Immigration and walked up the beach in Jomtien. Full of Russian couples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Again wrong... I was in town on Sunday, it was still busy and had heavy traffic. Big-CX Mall was very busy and the fast food outlets full with mainly locals and their kids. I guessed they had stayed over and were taking their kids out before heading home to the capitol and areas. I drove into town this morning... Monday... very busy, heavy traffic, many coaches. The Beach, packed with Chinese off to Koh Larn. 

I was not in town on Sunday. I live in the center and so I am always in town. And for instance the Central Mall was pretty empty. Yesterday Sunday they opened the new food court and I was one of few customers. Then I did my shopping at Tops. Not many customers too. 

 

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I did, an expensive room and a number of beers.

This is great for Pattaya that you spent so much and for sure this is extremely helpful and pays off already a huge amount of the costs for this celebration. One more person like you and Pattaya will have a bright future for sure. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beggar said:

I was not in town on Sunday. I live in the center and so I am always in town. And for instance the Central Mall was pretty empty. Yesterday Sunday they opened the new food court and I was one of few customers. Then I did my shopping at Tops. Not many customers too. 

 

This is great for Pattaya that you spent so much and for sure this is extremely helpful and pays off already a huge amount of the costs for this celebration. One more person like you and Pattaya will have a bright future for sure. 😀

No point going to Central if the food court is closed, ot thought to be, also not on the way out of town.

My hotel was full, so more than 'one more person' ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jacko45k said:

No point going to Central if the food court is closed, ot thought to be, also not on the way out of town.

My hotel was full, so more than 'one more person' ......

I didn't write that the food court was closed. I wrote that they opened the new food court in the Central Mall yesterday. Now you even have 2 of them. The old and the new one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beggar said:

I didn't write that the food court was closed. I wrote that they opened the new food court in the Central Mall yesterday. Now you even have 2 of them. The old and the new one. 

I know what you wrote,  People had got used to it being closed, I personally did not know it opened Sunday. The food court in BigC-X was full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I know what you wrote,  People had got used to it being closed, I personally did not know it opened Sunday. The food court in BigC-X was full.

The food court in Big C estra is full every saturday and sunday at noon

around 70% thai and 30% farangs, not really international dishes, most thai food

but still good and cheap.

The food court opened in Central beside the Macdonald during the work in the old one

is small and overpriced imo, plus you have no view from the restaurant room.

The new food court just reopened this week end seems to be small too

i have not checked the prices yet. If they are the same as on the other part

they are not going to attract a lot of people on a budget.

Wait and see if the indian millionnaires are coming soon

with the Hilton hotel just here, there is still a hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Everybody was back home

most of the visitors was residents of the Chonburi area

locals thais and expats, it was a flood of motorbikes and cars 

from second road to sukkumvit.

Precisely 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 3:57 AM, ivor bigun said:

The traffic has got so bad at weekends ,we no longer even try to go to town .

So I guess the proposed DMK-BKK-UTP train service is looking kind of sweet now? 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, kingofthemountain said:

Yes you are right

 

i was here on the beach the 2 nights of the firework festival

80% of the people was local thais, only 20% tourists

and yes most take their food and drink with them (Me also hehe)

the 7\11 on beach road was busy as hell and aswell the vendors on the beach

The bars and restaurants even in the area? As quiet as usual.

 

On an anecdotal side at the end of the firework something was going wrong and

one of the floating barges, used as a launch platform, was in fire.

It's looked like a pretty big one and hard to handdle.

 

 

Why we should pay the rent of restaurants eating their plastic papaya salad for 250 baht when a street vendor from Isaan do it for70 baht and more delicious? Damn the malls and the big companies and restaurants. Let them to chinase, hope farangs have more civic mindset and consciousness  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, zhounan said:

Why we should pay the rent of restaurants eating their plastic papaya salad for 250 baht when a street vendor from Isaan do it for70 baht and more delicious? Damn the malls and the big companies and restaurants. Let them to chinase, hope farangs have more civic mindset and consciousness  

You are right and i agree

except on the price of the papaya salad

you can find a lot of street vendors

doing an excellent one at only 40\50 bhts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BIGD1 said:

The traffic is so bad, so many busses, so many people in Soi Bua Khao you can hardly drive, I would hate to see the city if there were any more tourists. Less tourists certainly makes the city more livable for us that live there. They need to better control and reduce the number of tourists just as Spain is trying to do. Sustainable reasonable tourist numbers!!

 

We must be living in parallel universes. I was out and about this afternoon and there was no sign of what you describe. 

 

Soi Bua Khao has no pavements, so don't drive there if you can't cope with people walking in the road. 

Walked across Second Road a few times with ease. It's really not as busy as you suggest.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

 

We must be living in parallel universes. I was out and about this afternoon and there was no sign of what you describe. 

 

Soi Bua Khao has no pavements, so don't drive there if you can't cope with people walking in the road. 

Walked across Second Road a few times with ease. It's really not as busy as you suggest.

 

Yes it's monday and it's ok with a motorbike.

I think BIGD1 was talking about take his car for a trip in the city

saturday or sunday, when its near 1 hour to go from Sukkumvhit 

Pattaya klang to Central festival.

The same thing at the peak hours the others days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're up north and well-used to seeing the tour buses stopping on their way up or on their way back every day in their dozens on a daily basis during high season.  We've seen one in the last week.  The strength of the baht prevails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beggar said:

I didn't write that the food court was closed. I wrote that they opened the new food court in the Central Mall yesterday. Now you even have 2 of them. The old and the new one. 

Now more of the high end retirees can dine on 40 baht meals, the same people bitching about the Chinese and Indians not spending money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...