London attacker released last year after terrorism offences, prompting recriminations

rooster59

3 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Both his parents are Pakistani citizens. 

s.5 Citizenship by descent If one parent has Pakistani Citizenship then a person born to that parent may also get citizenship.

Otherwise there's always money. Maybe with-hold aid money until the Pakistani's accept them? That's how it works isn't it?

My response would be to ask what he was doing in the UK anyway. I learn from the newspapers that he only stayed in England because his unemployment allowances were bigger than his potential monthly salary in Kashmir for working. In short, he was not contributing much to England and cost us greatly. How about all the others like him? A review must be in order?

"Khan was recorded by police boasting about his UK benefits could him the same amount in a day that people in Kashmir in a month.

He said: "On jobseeker's allowance we can earn that, never mind working for that."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10455338/london-bridge-terrorist-usman-khan/

He was born and bred in the UK. He was a British citizen.

BTW. Pointless quoting "The Sun". You might as well quote Trump.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Deport him where? He was born and bred British.

my father was born in Europe ,he came to fight for Britain in the war ,got British citizenship and even gave himself a "British' name , he was more British than the locals ,worked hard all his life ,not like this piece of scum.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I didn't realise there'd been an agument. I said that he was British. That's an inarguable fact. You just replied with some rhetoric that you aren't prepared to back up.

I was not the original person you were talking to ,i just made a comment.

Just now, ivor bigun said:

my father was born in Europe ,he came to fight for Britain in the war ,got British citizenship and even gave himself a "British' name , he was more British than the locals ,worked hard all his life ,not like this piece of scum.

My father was born in Spain, fought in the 6th Airborne during WW2 and couldn't get a British passport until he was 50. Citizenship is primarily , in the UK, dictated by your birthplace.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

My father was born in Spain, fought in the 6th Airborne during WW2 and couldn't get a British passport until he was 50. Citizenship is primarily , in the UK, dictated by your birthplace.

Do I recall you said he was a communist...?....

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

UK police don't carry guns. But if they call for an armed response unit they (the armed response unit) don't mess around. They don't come armed with hand guns.

Next time in London you see a police car look and see if it has a yellow disk stuck on the rear window.

Spot on. People dont realise this. The officers who shot this scum were from the city of london Police anti terrorist unit

Who are based not far from cannon Street.

29 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

why do people who lose an argument make it about colour? 

So why are you claiming he isn't British?

By any legal definition he is, there are many people in the UK who

followed the same path as his parents and are valuable members of 

society.

This guy committed an abhorrent crime and I won't spend a second grieving for him,

I am not defending him in any way, but he was British.

As I said there are son's and daughters of immigrants serving in the armed forces and

emergency services, the NHS and all kinds of worthwhile occupations, do you have the

same opinion on these people?

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

He may have been born in Britain ,but he was not"British"

He was a British national, and a Pakistani true to his roots. This is not exclusive to the UK, nor to Pakistan, there is a great variety alll over Europe of the same pattern.  

The problem with that hypothesis is that it fails at the first hurdle. It's the right wing tabloids in the UK who identifies as a Pakistani Muslim. Everyone else, probably even himself, identifies him as a British Moslem. I haven't yet seen any evidence that even suggests that he's even ever been to Pakistan.

This is the problem with the rhetoric of the right wing racists who are convinced that Brexit will sort all the problems with the likes of Kahn out.

1. It won't affect immigration from outside the EU in any way.

2. The majority of Islamic terrorists that have caused the most death and destruction in the UK are British born and bred. You can't deport a Brit from Britain.

He is definitely British by birth. However, he had travelled to Pakistan. Here's an article from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/30/usman-khan-profile-terrorist-who-wanted-to-bomb-london-stock-exchange

In a July 2013 report the independent reviewer of terrorism wrote that Khan was one of three men from Stoke who had travelled to Pakistan’s federally administered tribal areas (Fata) and planned to fund, construct and take part in a terrorist training camp in Kashmir, with a view to carrying out terrorist acts in the future.

He had planned to establish a “terrorist military training facility” on land owned by his family in Kashmir, according to sentencing remarks.

The problem with that hypothesis is that it fails at the first hurdle. It's the right wing tabloids in the UK who identifies as a Pakistani Muslim. Everyone else, probably even himself, identifies him as a British Moslem. I haven't yet seen any evidence that even suggests that he's even ever been to Pakistan.

This is the problem with the rhetoric of the right wing racists who are convinced that Brexit will sort all the problems with the likes of Kahn out.

1. It won't affect immigration from outside the EU in any way.

2. The majority of Islamic terrorists that have caused the most death and destruction in the UK are British born and bred. You can't deport a Brit from Britain.

They might have been born and bred in the UK but you can bet your life they have Pakistani Passports so they can be deported, just like when they are on the run from a crime go they running back to Pakistan thats how British they are !

Well done people who got a grip of him and good to see he was dispatched asap, well done Police!! No quarter given as they do to innocent victims of their cowardly attacks, RIP to the two who were murdered by this piece of $ h it

4 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Deport him where? He was born and bred British.

Who cares. Send him back to Pakistan where his roots are. Or dump him in the middle of the North Sea one night.

"Born and bred British" my ar$e! He's no more British than Osama Bin Laden was.

Joanna Lumley and Cliff Richard were born in India yet they're not Indian. A mouse could be born in a stable, that does not make it a horse.

Lets clear up this 'not Pakistani' nonsense right now.

"
Persons who or any of their parents or grand parents were born in the territories now included in Pakistan before the commencement of citizenship Act, 1951 are citizens of Pakistan."

"Children of Pakistanis who are born outside of Pakistan are citizens by descent. If the parent of such child is a citizen by descent himself/herself (as born outside of Pakistan) the child is required to be registered in the nearest consulate or Pakistani mission."

QED.

http://www.dgip.gov.pk/files/immigration.aspx

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Who was ever indefinitely detained when Blair was PM? he promised a crackdown on radical Schools Mosques and hate preachers after the London bus bombs, all talk and no action

Wasn,t it Blair's government that bought in the human rights act which restricted the legal system?

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

What part of "you can't deport a Brit from the UK" don't you understand?

The matter should not be made a problem for members of the real British public these fanatics victimise in spite of people like yourself who appear to think that's acceptable. 

In a sane society any threat or risk of violence from a member of a radical ethnic culture or community should be imprisoned then on release given 12 hours to leave the country. Where they go is up to them.

We don't want them released back into the general population. What part of that don't you understand? Would you want him living in your neighbourhood let alone in your house.

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

They might have been born and bred in the UK but you can bet your life they have Pakistani Passports so they can be deported, just like when they are on the run from a crime go they running back to Pakistan thats how British they are !

Like the three Pakistanis who butchered 15 year old Kriss Donald up in Glasgow did.

They selected and killed him in the worst way possible way because he was white and British in 2004 when Tony Blair was Prime Minister. They then ran off to Pakistan.

1 hour ago, nkg said:

He is definitely British by birth. However, he had travelled to Pakistan. Here's an article from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/30/usman-khan-profile-terrorist-who-wanted-to-bomb-london-stock-exchange

1 hour ago, nkg said:

He had planned to establish a “terrorist military training facility” on land owned by his family in Kashmir, according to sentencing remarks.

So his family own land in Kashmir yet he's in the UK living on benefits. talk about Madhouse Britain!

On 11/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, rooster59 said:

as Johnson, who praised the bravery of bystanders who tackled the attacker, seeks to limit the fallout from the incident.

Yeah well I hope Boris makes sure the police officers who shot this piece of terrorised dirt don't get subjected to the the police interrogations of why they shot this dirty nasty person, he should of never been released.

The UK prison release board managers should be sacked.    

7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

If you try very hard and manage to read the OP, you will see that the opposite is true. The indeterminate sentence policy (IPP) was started by the Labour government and was still in place when he was sentenced. Unfortunately, Cambell cancelled the policy and`causd Kahn's sentence to be changed to 16 years, and would automatically be released after serving half of his sentence, which is what happened.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of mindless right wing rhetoric.

That isn't what happened.

His IPP sentence wasn't cancelled. Usman Khan launched a Legal Aid appeal to his sentence in April 2013, who paid for him to be represented by top barrister Joel Bennathan QC.

The Court of Appeal believed Khan's lies about how he had been reformed. Lord Justice Leveson reduced his sentence so that he would be automatically be released 5 years later.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a bit of mindless left wing rhetoric.

18 hours ago, tebee said:

Tony Blair's Government brought in indefinite detention for terrorist offences - it was the Tories who decided this was too expensive and replaced it with fixed sentences  were you were released after serving half of it whether you were deradicalized or not . This was to reduce prison number and save costs. 

Priti Patel's statement blaming Labour is a lie from start to finish.

All blaming one another but themselves as usual. Corbyn appeared to initially condemn the early automatic release for convicted terrorists - then quickly qualified it saying it all depends on the circumstances. Usual fence sitting.

Archived