Uk visit visa refused twice

24 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

When you have someone sponsor the trip, that sponsor is held reliable for anything that happens. if the girl is deported for overstaying her visa the costs are recuperated from the sponsor. Hospital bils, the sponsor is held responsible. Accommodation is the sponsors problem. 

I'm sorry but that's completely wrong, if a person offers to sponsor an applicant for UK Visa, all they have to do is satisfy the decision maker is that they have to means to provide financial support and it's approprite for them to do so, it's perfectly acceptable for a family member, or prospective family member such as the applicants future father in law to provide support, this is made very clear in Immigration Rules and in the Guidance Notes to Entry Clearance Officers.

Once Entry Clearance has been given and the visa holder is landed there is no further liability for the sponsor.

Under UK Immigration Law a sponsor cannot be held liable for any NHS costs or other expenses such as removal costs, detention or other accomodation costs, to suggest otherwise is simply not true. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

In Isaan, workers, including my brother in law, are going to Sweden every year to pick berries.

There is someone in Isaan connected to getting VISA's for all these workers and I suspect probably has an avenue with an agent how to do this.

We have been told by many that they can get a VISA in the 20 to 30,000 baht range, even to the US.

Sweden is a Schengen country.

Different kettle of fish to to UK or USA.

As someone else said, forget the bank statements. 

I simply did a sponsorship letter both times for the UK visas and also twice for Australia. 

Stating that she was not employed. 

We supplied photos as proof of relationship. 

Around 5 years.

Never been an issue.

I said that I was responsible for her costs etc. 

7 days later all done. 

1 hour ago, Wullie Mercer said:

Get a Good reliable agent, well worth the extra 3000/5000 Baht.

Agent is throwing money away. 

They stand in  line same as everyone else. 

It's not immigration. 

Heard tales of people losing 40,000 using agents and still not getting a visa.

20 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

I'm thinking of applying in a year's time but when I see applications like this getting denied I don't know if it's worth the hassle. He seems to have everything covered, I can't provide that much evidence, though I am married. Best of luck if you try again.

I wouldn't be discouraged. You only read about the problems on a Forum like this, not the vast majority of Visitor visa applications from Thailand which are successful.  It is a hassle and requires thorough preparation, but not as bad as dealing with Thai Immigration!

Sorry to hear that after weeks of preparation and compiling information for the application, that it was once again turned down.

I am not from UK but from Belgium and realize full well that the British application process is different than in my home-country.  But I do have some what I call 'common sense' remarks/suggestions that could be useful when applying for a 3rd time.

• Remember that you are dealing with bureaucrats.  So no long-winded stories and explanations, but short, concise and factual information, where relevant refering to attachments with the documented evidence.  I did see the original letter and even after that the fluff was weeded out of it, I still considered it too long-winded.
  • For providing evidence of your relationship, add 1 or 2 photo's with the two of you on it.  That provides a human touch and reminds the person scrutinizing the application that he is dealing with actual people.  If possible a photo of the 3 of you (with Tom's dad as sponsor) would also clarify the relationship between the 3 of you, more than a long story.
  • Imo the role of Tom's father is crucial.  Obviously Tom can prepare the letter to be signed by his father, but the financial proof and all documents required should be from Tom's father.  And of course the letter has to mention that Tom's father does this on behalf of his son.  NOTE: When I was in Thailand and wanted to go for a holiday in my home-country with my thai girlfriend, I prepared the application in name of my father as it would have been too difficult to get hold of some required documents when not in my home-country, while easy for my father to do it.
  • Tom's girlfriend is the actual applicant and she needs to provide evidence that she has reasons to come back to Thailand after the holiday.  A photo of her together with her parents before the shop where she works would be good supportive evidence.  Don't mention the 'salary' she gets from working in the shop.  That is so low, that it is actually counter-productive.  It's no problem that she has no money, as long as Tom's dad clearly indicates that he and his son will take care of all finances required during the trip.
  • A separate document with a day-by-day schedule of what you intend to do during the holiday would also be a bonus.  Visits to family of Tom, visiting UK sites, and last day = Preparation for flight back to Thailand. 

Hope this helps, and success with a 3rd application.

57 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Agent is throwing money away. 

They stand in  line same as everyone else. 

It's not immigration. 

Heard tales of people losing 40,000 using agents and still not getting a visa.

A good agent can be helpful in some problem cases, but good agents are few and far between, I'd only recommend an agent who is OISC accredited, and whilst that's not a legal requirement here in Thailand, it does show that the agent has passed an examination to gain that accreditation.

Whilst many posts are made in good faith, some "advice" is outdated, bank statements are required from sponsors to prove affordability and the UKVI specifically advise against sending photos. Sponsors are allowed in UK Immigration law, they can be family members or third parties, though the applicant has to satisfy the decision maker that it's appropriate for a person to be a sponsor.

Whilst meaningful advice is appreciated, comments such as travelling across the English Channel in a dingy or in a container are not needed.

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Sorry to hear that after weeks of preparation and compiling information for the application, that it was once again turned down.

I am not from UK but from Belgium and realize full well that the British application process is different than in my home-country.  But I do have some what I call 'common sense' remarks/suggestions that could be useful when applying for a 3rd time.

• For providing evidence of your relationship, add 1 or 2 photo's with the two of you on it.  That provides a human touch and reminds the person scrutinizing the application that he is dealing with actual people.  If possible a photo of the 3 of you (with Tom's dad as sponsor) would also clarify the relationship between the 3 of you, more than a long story.

Hope this helps, and success with a 3rd application.

Yes, the proceedures are very different, and whilst much of your advice is helpful, I need to point out again that the UKVI specifically advise not to send photographs.

7 hours ago, shy coconut said:

Why would you not be the sponsor? I'm guessing that you're paying for the flights and

accommodation etc.

Probably he doesn't earn enough money

otherwise he would have his own appartment to receive his fiancee

and do not stay at home with mom and dad

(What imo and at 37 years old sound a little bit pathetic)

On 12/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, ronaldo0 said:

I have been refused twice. First time my wife and I had been married for around 2 years and I owned several houses here and one in uk and money in banks in both countries . Wife had land , car ,bike in her name here all paid and over a million bht in bank for over a year. We sent in everything and they refused as we could only get 3 months bank statements due to short time before we were due to submit it all in bkk. They denied her as they said they wanted 6 months statements .

Second time submitted everything the same and letters from my parents confirming we were staying with them and passport copies from them .

They sent refused letter stating they didn’t believe we were married despite us being married for 7 years at this point and proof submitted by marriage cert and few pics , didn’t think my wife had reason to return despite owning car , bike , property in her name , didn’t think she had funds to get back to Thailand despite having over a million bht in bank for over a year again . Since then not even entertained the thought of going !

But my friend got married in issan , used an agent in bkk and wife had nothing , no money , no car , relationship of 6 months and got visa no problem. Wife’s friend also had no job nothing , went to visit a guy she casually knew in uk who was twice her age , she used same visa agent my mate did and no problem she got visa.

Think was 20-25000 bht the agent charged but guaranteed visa .

I was similar, the agent was in Pattaya and was 30,000 and if no visa then no charge , only pay when you receive the visa however i refused to pay an agent again on principal and now we have not been back to the UK for over 4 years !

Just a point on the five visas my girlfriend had to the UK I always deposited 30000 Bt in her bank account some months before the application along with a return flight in my mind to prove if things went wrong she had the funds to return having £60 on arrival hardly gives her that independence  

On 12/3/2019 at 9:56 AM, theoldgit said:

Yes, the proceedures are very different, and whilst much of your advice is helpful, I need to point out again that the UKVI specifically advise not to send photographs.

The list attached is the way I have obtained visas 4 times for the UK and Australia. 

A 3 to 5 minutes check, pay the fee, do biometric information and the package is now sent to India for final processing. 

But still happens in about 7 days.

UK is attached to the passport. 

Australia is electronic visa.

A friend in pattaya used an agent 2x times and blew 40,000 baht. 

According to the girlfriend. 

However,  we sat down together and I showed him the online site, he followed the process steps and took the paperwork to Trendy building Bangkok,  all done and back in 10 days...

But in this case perhaps someone was having a bad day?

I can only sympathize with the OP, because it is a straight forward process. 

*If the partner is not working, just say so, and no need to show her bank account information. 

20191206_150612.jpg

On 12/4/2019 at 11:39 PM, rod40a said:

Just a point on the five visas my girlfriend had to the UK I always deposited 30000 Bt in her bank account some months before the application along with a return flight in my mind to prove if things went wrong she had the funds to return having £60 on arrival hardly gives her that independence  

But they specifically say not to book flights until the visa is granted. 

Plus it has a 12 week prior and cannot use before a certain date printed on the UK Visa. 

Not had time to read all this but we were married and mrs got refused, all I did was apply again and get a letter from my MP requesting it be granted, and it was. Refusal reasons were laughable, nothing to do with her likely return but one was why did she need to go to UK as I went to Thailand so much, things nothing could be done to alter.

28 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

The list attached is the way I have obtained visas 4 times for the UK and Australia. 

A 3 to 5 minutes check, pay the fee, do biometric information and the package is now sent to India for final processing. 

But still happens in about 7 days.

UK is attached to the passport. 

Australia is electronic visa.

A friend in pattaya used an agent 2x times and blew 40,000 baht. 

According to the girlfriend. 

However,  we sat down together and I showed him the online site, he followed the process steps and took the paperwork to Trendy building Bangkok,  all done and back in 10 days...

But in this case perhaps someone was having a bad day?

I can only sympathize with the OP, because it is a straight forward process. 

*If the partner is not working, just say so, and no need to show her bank account information. 

20191206_150612.jpg

Documents scanned and sent to India, originals handed back at Chiang Mai office. 

My sympathies to the OP. Seems to have all bases covered but still refused.

My wife has had three 1 month trips to the UK. For the first she was only my fiance. Although she had income from her market stall we just declared that she was not working and that as her sponser I would be covering the expenses. 

She has always had her own house and about 100,000 in her bank

Lastly , it was clear that I myself have lived in Thailand a long time and was obviously not looking to return to the UK.

Best of luck with the next application.

On 12/5/2019 at 1:43 AM, rasg said:

Quite a good way to have a visit visa refused nowadays.

Thai Visa Express is OISC accredited. One if the best companies out there.

Having known someone who worked for VFS, she categorically said that an agent would not have any influence on the application. 

What you pay the agent and what you pay VFS are separate amounts. 

If you're a bit naive about the process, perhaps talk to a friend about it. 

Or an agent...

Especially if you have technical issues, or legal problems. 

But why pay the mega fees they ask for? (Agents)

Current charge is £1,000 Thai Visa Express. 40,000 baht. 

Oh, a sponsorship letter is still advertised as allowed. 

As the UK sponsor you will be expected to demonstrate that you can fund the holiday, and you have adequate accommodation, and meet the cost of the onward journey (airfares).

If you have money to burn pm me lol...

On 12/4/2019 at 11:39 PM, rod40a said:

Yes, I think that is probably a good idea, having enough funds in case of a disagrement or if her supporters had a car accident etc. She has sufficient funds to get by, whilst waiting on her return flight. Not a requirement, but I know of someone that as well as funds, could show a Thai insurance policy, that would also cover in the UK.

Whether that made a difference, I don't know, but they had no problems getting the visa, and making two visits within the 6 months (quite some time ago though).

Probably already been said but from looking at the paperwork it looks like it is your father who has invited her to stay and not you (which would seem a little strange). Make your next application all about you and her and nobody else. Next time you apply maybe state you are inviting her and you have the funds to take care of her.

Immigration-I note that you have indicated that your partner will be responsible for some of the costs associated with your visit whilst you are in the UK." End Immigration-

OP, your father is the one who's financially responsible, but it seems that they didn't have enough evidence.

They state that "your partner" and that's you in this case will be responsible for some of the costs?

Didn't you tell us that your daddy would take over all financial costs that will arise? She should have told them that her own money was never meant for a living, perhaps for some souvenirs, etc..

But then she tells the Immigration that she's got a few thousand baht for a two week holiday in the UK?

How did that happen that you gave them bank and company documents from your father, but they think that you'll pay "some of the costs?"

That sounds really strange, even to me. It seems that you do not have an income, otherwise you could have used your name and your income and your father only as the person where you'll be staying. 

Immigration-However we were not able to reach your employer to confirm your employment. Given this fact, this leads me to have doubts about your employment circumstances and whether it is as you have described in your application. Immigration end-

The whole story sounds so difficult to believe because your gf's boss, her father wasn't reachable? 

Okay that was the day when he slept after a night shift?

Why does a shop assistant pay rent for the shop she/he's working at? That was in no way the only issue when reading their letter. 

Immigration-I am therefore not satisfied as to your intentions for visiting the UK or that you will leave at the end of the period specified by your application.

I am also not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry for a purpose permitted by the visitor rules. Immigration end-

There must have been too many different infos for the Immigration that they believed your gf was a liar.

They clearly state that they believe that she's not applying to be a tourist, more that she's planning to stay there. That can't just come out of the blue, IMHO. 

OP, no idea why you'd even want to bring your gf to the UK in winter which would be pretty harsh for a Thai who's never been in a cold country.

Or is it possible that they know something what you might not know?

If you marry her, how do you want to make a living if you don't have a job? You stated that you're planning to run a business, or buy land in Thailand?

Does that mean that you'd have the money to do so, but took your father as the one who pays for all? Using a third person complicates all and everything.

Your gf makes 7,000 baht now and pays for a shop that's called a business? My apologies, I'd like to help you, but there are points that just don't make much sense.

I hope that you get all in order and get her to the UK the next time.

Best of luck! 

Archived