Chiang Rai: Netizens blast selfie-crazy tourists trampling on flower bed

webfact

Netizens blast selfie-crazy tourists trampling on flower bed

By The Nation

800_e5f042db4795f42.jpg?v=1575187186

Netizens slammed tourists visiting Farm Festival on The Hill 2019 in Chiang Rai province after a photo uploaded online showed many of them ignoring warning signs and stepping on a flower bed.

The event was organised as a music festival and a photo showed visitors stepping on a flower bed to take selfies, ignoring a sign barring them from entering the area.

Facebook user Waruwat Torkaew posted the photo recently with a caustic caption that said: "What language should be used for these people to understand that nobody is allowed to enter the area? Do as you please is such a Thai thing."

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30378946

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-02

it seems some are more interesting of having a picture of an experience than having an actual experience.

Very sad.:sad: Taking a picture in front of a sign prohibiting you from being there is not very smart either.

People with a mobile phone in their hands always act and look stupid. Nothing different here.

The essence of a mobile phone user: Sudden incapability to see and read signs as well as react to people talking or things around them. Their own little virtual world consumes them into only seeing their own egos, and taking as many pictures of themselfs as possible to upload for all the world to see.

Categorized as: Stupid act.

Netizens Outraged Yet Again!

I was so worried a week might go by and nothing to get frothing, shake a fist, outraged spooned up and spewing. But then, suddenly, catharsis. OUTRAGE HAS BEEN FOUND. 

Life as we know it can continue.

these idiots post pictures for their many fake friends online, so that's the real experience.  it's sharing with others.  we mock them for being on their phone, but if no phone and they just look around....well, it's just a different experience, not a better one for all.  i think it's stupid, but i get it.  signs mean nothing if they know they won't be enforced. 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

People with a mobile phone in their hands always act and look stupid. Nothing different here.

The essence of a mobile phone user: Sudden incapability to see and read signs as well as react to people talking or things around them. Their own little virtual world consumes them into only seeing their own egos, and taking as many pictures of themselfs as possible to upload for all the world to see.

Categorized as: Stupid act.

The essence of people complaining on mobile phone users. Usually above 60 not able to keep up with times. While I agree that many people abuse mobile phones they are great for many tasks and to keep one busy while on long trips in public transport. They keep people connected better then ever. 

Applications like line and whatsapp can be used for business and to keep in contact with people all over the world. Games and forums are great to keep oneself entertained when waiting or to lookup data that is needed quickly.

People who complain usually can't use them cling old to old times. Though people have always read in trains now they just do it on their mobile phones. I took books when i commuted no different then taking a phone.

These selfie guys are of course crazy selfish people, but you don't need a mobile phone to be selfish. I actually like selfies or at least pictures of me my friends and family to remember things by. I recently discovered google photo a way to organise photo's and make sure you can find them back later. (what else is the point)

1 hour ago, robblok said:

The essence of people complaining on mobile phone users. Usually above 60 not able to keep up with times. While I agree that many people abuse mobile phones they are great for many tasks and to keep one busy while on long trips in public transport. They keep people connected better then ever. 

Applications like line and whatsapp can be used for business and to keep in contact with people all over the world. Games and forums are great to keep oneself entertained when waiting or to lookup data that is needed quickly.

People who complain usually can't use them cling old to old times. Though people have always read in trains now they just do it on their mobile phones. I took books when i commuted no different then taking a phone.

These selfie guys are of course crazy selfish people, but you don't need a mobile phone to be selfish. I actually like selfies or at least pictures of me my friends and family to remember things by. I recently discovered google photo a way to organise photo's and make sure you can find them back later. (what else is the point)

Not even 50 yet. I do keep up with times, and are using phones and computer in work on a daily basis. They are great tools.

As single traveller, sitting on the bus or train, I can surely condone the use of a mobile phone instead of magazines or books as you say. I do not agree with that they keep people connected better than ever. Today you use the word connected to symbolize a virtual world. people are not connected to each other, they just have multiple choices of communicating. In all other aspects this type of communicating, that unfortunately replaced real communication, is highly anti-social.

As I wrote already, great tools for work and quick for finding information. Unfortunately most people that use them, also missuse them. Only today, driving my daughter to school I saw 4 people while driving 7 km, that drove motorbike with one hand while clicking on the screen with the other. That´s just one example out of millions.

15 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not even 50 yet. I do keep up with times, and are using phones and computer in work on a daily basis. They are great tools.

As single traveller, sitting on the bus or train, I can surely condone the use of a mobile phone instead of magazines or books as you say. I do not agree with that they keep people connected better than ever. Today you use the word connected to symbolize a virtual world. people are not connected to each other, they just have multiple choices of communicating. In all other aspects this type of communicating, that unfortunately replaced real communication, is highly anti-social.

As I wrote already, great tools for work and quick for finding information. Unfortunately most people that use them, also missuse them. Only today, driving my daughter to school I saw 4 people while driving 7 km, that drove motorbike with one hand while clicking on the screen with the other. That´s just one example out of millions.

I use it as a tool, i can easily use line or whatsap to make calls with parents in the Netherlands. But yes there people misusing it. That is one thing for sure. I love the GPS on them (but use a grabber so i have my hands free)

I did not mean stuff like facebook. I don't use that but others do and like it. 

I have enough real communication and love using the phone. 

4 hours ago, robblok said:

I use it as a tool, i can easily use line or whatsap to make calls with parents in the Netherlands. But yes there people misusing it. That is one thing for sure. I love the GPS on them (but use a grabber so i have my hands free)

I did not mean stuff like facebook. I don't use that but others do and like it. 

I have enough real communication and love using the phone. 

GPS doesn’t work in countryside , unless you want to drive for two hours thru every Moobaan to get to ur destination, none of them are accurate maybe Waze sometimes 

4 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

GPS doesn’t work in countryside , unless you want to drive for two hours thru every Moobaan to get to ur destination, none of them are accurate maybe Waze sometimes 

Never had a problem yet with google maps, granted I use it in BKK, Pattaya and Hua Hin not the outback. So can't say it works or not there. Google maps sees to be correct most of the time. 

2 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

If you can't find your destination using a paper map (has worked for centuries) just goes to proof that 'smart phones' makes people stupid.

49 minutes ago, Redline said:

Not a place for a music festival, if they are serious about nobody walking in wildflower fields.   Besides, there is nothing responsibility in Thailand 

The logistics at Singha Park here in Chiangrai are amazing, and considering the large number of visitors, they manage to keep any damage to the beautifully landscaped grounds to a minimum.  Great venue for outdoor events and a great place to hangout.????

1363569150_SinghaPark2019-3.jpg.db2ca74c1f5473179f74f1e24b269632.jpg

1863043757_SinghaPark2017003.jpg.c4f43808dea9d74e08f29aca3da1c921.jpg

1018213347_SinghaPark2017004.jpg.8c3979ad5761a4d630b2ba5afcf33181.jpg

567725554_SinghaPark2017008.jpg.92fa555943e009b8aa44cf139403fefb.jpg

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

The logistics at Singha Park here in Chiangrai are amazing, and considering the large number of visitors, they manage to keep any damage to the beautifully landscaped grounds to a minimum.  Great venue for outdoor events and a great place to hangout.????

1363569150_SinghaPark2019-3.jpg.db2ca74c1f5473179f74f1e24b269632.jpg

1863043757_SinghaPark2017003.jpg.c4f43808dea9d74e08f29aca3da1c921.jpg

1018213347_SinghaPark2017004.jpg.8c3979ad5761a4d630b2ba5afcf33181.jpg

567725554_SinghaPark2017008.jpg.92fa555943e009b8aa44cf139403fefb.jpg

It is a lovely place.  Fields of flowers are too inviting for selfie obsessed people 

On 12/2/2019 at 6:58 AM, villagefarang said:

You can easily get some lovely shots without trampling the flowers. I took these last year. People in the lower shot are on a trail.

1E3A3CBE-DCBC-4846-BE5E-B89E6E99A710.jpeg.04264fd69805e6bc77f43ab21c5c104c.jpegB813799D-41D0-4531-97AD-0E665AE9D916.thumb.jpeg.ae1bae455fa0aa4768da839494039535.jpeg

Great photo shop pictures

On 12/1/2019 at 3:22 PM, webfact said:

Facebook user Waruwat Torkaew posted the photo recently with a caustic caption that said: "What language should be used for these people to understand that nobody is allowed to enter the area? Do as you please is such a Thai thing."

I see the sign has Thai and English characters, so knowing the demographics of who are frequent travels in groups and large numbers to Thailand and have a reputation for this type of incident, I might suggest including the use of characters that were invented approximately in the year 100 CE by a man named Xu. I'm not confident that it would help, but at least those who are likely the worst offenders will be able to read the request. 

Archived