Turkish tourists injured in head-on collision

webfact

Turkish tourists injured in head-on collision

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1575179609_1-org.jpg

The five tourists in the van and its driver were rushed to hospital. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Five Turkish tourists were injured after a pickup truck slid out of control and slammed head-on into a passenger van on the east side of Patong Hill yesterday afternoon (Nov 30).

Lt Col Somchai Nuboon of the Kathu Police was called to the scene, near PTT gas station in Kathu, at 3:10pm.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the scene to find a white Bangkok-registered pickup truck on its roof by the side of the road and a passenger van, registered in Nakhon Sri Thammarat, with heavy damage to its front askew across the middle lane.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/turkish-tourists-injured-in-head-on-collision-73825.php#UjyyYpkICSXSfKVp.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-02

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

So every time it rains he does this?

It wouldn't surprise me.  Or he just was lucky not to lose complete control in the past. Try driving a Toyota pickup truck for about 30 years in all sorts of weather including snow and ice and tell me how they handle.  Or just in the rain when unloaded and you hit a puddle. I personally enjoy driving a little sideways at times.  It's a bit like the car drifter racers, but on a low budget.  No horsepower required. 

Archived