Trump faces two deadlines as U.S. Congress ramps up impeachment focus

webfact

15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Hahahaha.....surely the same can be asked of the other 28 million or so other clients that they have.

I'm only interested in the clients who were loaned vast sums of money after multiple bankruptcies and after being rejected by every legitimate bank in the US.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Agree that Hunter isn't being impeached....but the man who is being impeached has been accused due to his interest in finding out why a useless son of a VP was making so much money in the first place...and what other US government business those payments were linked to.

This is highly valid material for investigation....examination of key witnesses in a senate trial could prove

that:

1. This was not a witch hunt by Trump to sully a rival.

2. The aim was not to fabricate dirt but to examine a deal that seems very dirty to start with.

Any thoughts by anti trumpers on this besides the 'laugh' emojis? 

Please explain why investigations of Joe Biden and the discredited Crowdstrike conspiracy theory are the only two areas of alleged corruption that interested Trump.

7 hours ago, muzley said:

And you are refuting evidence direct from the Ukranian president who is the alledged victim. He has stated over and over there was no QQP or extorion or bribery. No one produced any direct evidence.

Did he refute the charge that Trump asked for an investigation of a political opponent?  Did he refute the obvious fact that Trump has been obstructing an investigation of this charge?

These are the charges leading to impeachment.

45 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Did he refute the charge that Trump asked for an investigation of a political opponent?  Did he refute the obvious fact that Trump has been obstructing an investigation of this charge?

These are the charges leading to impeachment.

Indirectly! First I don't believe he was asked those questions(refute)! He did say  “I think you read everything. I think you read text. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be involved to democratic open... .

elections,” Zelensky replied.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-zelensky-ukraine-impeachment_n_5d8bb919e4b0e9e7604670bf

But on several occasions  he being the key witness, said there was no demands,coercion,qqp  or blackmail . The investigation of biden was never asked by the POTUS .

The POTUS did ask if he could look into it. 

Prosecutor was  fired after biden  gave him a qpq. Its the POTUS duty to investigate corruption

55 minutes ago, riclag said:

Indirectly! First I don't believe he was asked those questions(refute)! He did say  “I think you read everything. I think you read text. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be involved to democratic open... .

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-zelensky-ukraine-impeachment_n_5d8bb919e4b0e9e7604670bf

But on several occasions  he being the key witness, said there was no demands,coercion,qqp  or blackmail . The investigation of biden was never asked by the POTUS .

Prosecutor was  fired after biden  gave him a qpq. Its the POTUS duty to investigate corruption

What Z said on several occasion was in the same subtle manner. He never said there was no pressure, he said his behaviour was not an answer to a QPQ.

Trump asked if he could look into the debunked Biden and Crowstrike theories. You can try to interpret it in the way you want but it has been confirmed under oath that he mostly wanted a public statement by Z.

If Trump really had a valid claim about Biden, Barr could have opened an investigation.

Come on, you know why the "good prosecutor" was fired: complaints by IMF, EU, etc....and also former US Ambassador publicly complaining in 2015 that he was not investigating Burisma.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy story.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:55 PM, Skallywag said:

His next term will be spent in a Mental ward. 

His Delusional and Narcissistic disorder will eventually turn into Psychosis and the congress will have to invoke the 25th amendment ...5555

On November 18 he went unannounced to WR hospital for "phase 1" of his physical 3 months early?!  No president has ever done their annual physical in "phases" or 3 months early. 

He is stressed out from trying to remember his 2200 lies and keep up with his lying.  It is mentally exhausting and will eventually render him a blubbering idiot (not far to go) 

Are you qualified to make a psychiatric assessment of a person you have not examined?

However, it seems like a certain poster ( not naming anyone ) is suffering from a bad case of TDS.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

Please explain why investigations of Joe Biden and the discredited Crowdstrike conspiracy theory are the only two areas of alleged corruption that interested Trump.

What no one has said, far as I know, is why Trump would even consider Biden a threat politically. IMO Biden has as much chance of winning against Trump as Warren does- ZERO.

As, IMO, Trump did not consider Biden a threat electorally, why would he be trying to get dirt on him for political reasons?

12 hours ago, muzley said:

And you are refuting evidence direct from the Ukranian president who is the alledged victim. He has stated over and over there was no QQP or extorion or bribery. No one produced any direct evidence.

Now c'mon - this is a man literally under attack from Russia. His citizens' lives are being lost, his land is being stolen, and he still needs more support from the U.S.  He understands what a loose cannon Trump is and how much Trump demands people cow tow to him. You really think he's going to upset Trump?

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What no one has said, far as I know, is why Trump would even consider Biden a threat politically. IMO Biden has as much chance of winning against Trump as Warren does- ZERO.

As, IMO, Trump did not consider Biden a threat electorally, why would he be trying to get dirt on him for political reasons?

Opinions are yours for the misconstruing. Facts, on the other hand, are for everyone to see. At the time of the bribery, Biden was the clear front runner in all national polls, and we KNOW how Trump pays attention to polls.

On 12/2/2019 at 6:11 PM, WalkingOrders said:

A singular body made up of 50 Senators, regardless of any grammar police. And they are not acting erroneously. They are acting as they see fit under the circumstances. Regardless of your opinion of their actions. This is no more then a political stunt. Oh Gee they agree. That's the way it is. Hold the damn trial if it gets that far. Bring all the evidence. Or simply dismiss it like a slap in the Democrats face. Then let them continue to cry. Standing by for Barr, Durham and the IG. At this point I would like to see the entire Democrat leadership in Jail...as I see them all as acting "eroneously" , and as disgusting filth to add to that.

Interesting news, no?

Barr’s handpicked prosecutor tells inspector general he can’t back right-wing theory that Russia case was U.S. intelligence setup

"The prosecutor handpicked by Attorney General William P. Barr to scrutinize how U.S. agencies investigated President Trump’s 2016 campaign said he could not offer evidence to the Justice Department’s inspector general to support the suspicions of some conservatives that the case was a setup by American intelligence, people familiar with the matter said.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s office contacted U.S. Attorney John Durham, the prosecutor Barr personally tapped to lead a separate review of the 2016 probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia, the people said. The inspector general also contacted several U.S. intelligence agencies."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/barrs-handpicked-prosecutor-tells-inspector-general-he-cant-back-right-wing-theory-that-russia-case-was-us-intelligence-setup/2019/12/04/17e084dc-16a9-11ea-9110-3b34ce1d92b1_story.html

Is Durham an agent of the Deep State? Say it ain't so.

32 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

I am dying to see viewership figures for yesterdays televised judiciary committee hearings featuring the 4 legal experts.

I was watching the pro Trump lawyer and I nearly fell asleep myself. I bet no one watched except diehard impeachers.

As has been commented on previous such hearings by late night hosts, "It MUST be exciting! Ratings are all that are important!"

Who cares if the country is going up in flames, right?

21 minutes ago, J Town said:

As has been commented on previous such hearings by late night hosts, "It MUST be exciting! Ratings are all that are important!"

LOL. Only the Trump haters are combusting. The rest of them are just getting on with their lives and waiting for the election.

2020 to 2024.

8 hours ago, candide said:

What Z said on several occasion was in the same subtle manner. He never said there was no pressure, he said his behaviour was not an answer to a QPQ.

Trump asked if he could look into the debunked Biden and Crowstrike theories. You can try to interpret it in the way you want but it has been confirmed under oath that he mostly wanted a public statement by Z.

If Trump really had a valid claim about Biden, Barr could have opened an investigation.

Come on, you know why the "good prosecutor" was fired: complaints by IMF, EU, etc....and also former US Ambassador publicly complaining in 2015 that he was not investigating Burisma.

But don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy story.

He said no push,no blackmail ,no pressure on 3 separate occasions he acknowledged to the call had no appearance of a demand! In fact no witness on any of those panels has direct evidence of a demand or offer to suggest such,just opinions, presumptions, hearsay and second hand info,

Imop the key witness ,Prez Z  and the evidence, the transcript,  hasn't showed the same conclusion as the house dems have portrayed,unfortunately for the dems. If only it did, I suppose it would convince the GOP to join in the impeachment,but it doesn't(100%).  It does show concerns and efforts to expose corruption in Ukraine from the past administration to concerns of a suspicious POTUS whether or not to facilitate the aid to a corrupt country.

The POTUS was not buying into the same old status quo,millions of dollars squandered by past Ukraine corrupt politicians.  

Regardless of what washington bureaucrats have said that new Ukraine GOV was cleared by them, the POTUS as the commander and chief and the head foreign policy maker  in this matter was responsible to the American people to oversee taxpayer funds and the appearance of corruption.

The  despicable dems are abusing their power just like Turley said!  When the 2 branches can't agree it is decided by the courts,they are further dividing my country with their hatred, with some wanting to impeach him as soon as he entered office .

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

The  despicable dems are abusing their power just like Turley said!  When the 2 branches can't agree it is decided by the courts...

I heard this bit before I nodded off...seems so obvious, you don't need a lawyer to argue this.

When executive branch forwards their dispute with legislative branch to the judicial branch to arbitrate, the Dems cry obstruction...but it isn't. 

1 hour ago, J Town said:

In times like this, I have found that a nice glass of kombucha with senna leaves provides great comfort.

1 hour ago, riclag said:

He said no push,no blackmail ,no pressure on 3 separate occasions he acknowledged to the call had no appearance of a demand! In fact no witness on any of those panels has direct evidence of a demand or offer to suggest such,just opinions, presumptions, hearsay and second hand info,

Imop the key witness ,Prez Z  and the evidence, the transcript,  hasn't showed the same conclusion as the house dems have portrayed,unfortunately for the dems. If only it did, I suppose it would convince the GOP to join in the impeachment,but it doesn't(100%).  It does show concerns and efforts to expose corruption in Ukraine from the past administration to concerns of a suspicious POTUS whether or not to facilitate the aid to a corrupt country.

The POTUS was not buying into the same old status quo,millions of dollars squandered by past Ukraine corrupt politicians.  

Regardless of what washington bureaucrats have said that new Ukraine GOV was cleared by them, the POTUS as the commander and chief and the head foreign policy maker  in this matter was responsible to the American people to oversee taxpayer funds and the appearance of corruption.

The  despicable dems are abusing their power just like Turley said!  When the 2 branches can't agree it is decided by the courts,they are further dividing my country with their hatred, with some wanting to impeach him as soon as he entered office .

You may disagree with me about to interpret Z's comments and that's fine as it was his objective to be interoperable in different ways.

Additionally, Trump did not show he wanted to probe corruption in Ukraine 'in general', he precisely and only targeted Biden and Crowdstrike. It is clearly exposed in the transcript and confirmed by several witnesses.

On top of it, the Biden conspiracy is debunked and there is even not enough matter to start an official investigation. And as to the Crowdstrike conspiracy, it is the most ridiculous claim: there is not one server but 140, Crowdstrike is not a Ukrainian company and its co-founder is an American guy born in Russia. 

10 hours ago, riclag said:

Nobody who has paid attention believes Trump cares about corruption.  The very idea is ridiculous.

The top three recipients of US aid are Afghanistan, Israel, and Egypt.  Afghanistan and Egypt are notoriously corrupt, and Israel's Prime Minister has been indicted on corruption charges.  How often has Trump "asked" leaders of these countries that corruption be looked into?  How often has Trump held up aid until corruption issues have been worked out in these countries?

The question I keep asking, and never get answered, is why, in a country with widespread corruption problems, the only "corruption" Trump asked be looked into had nothing to do with US aid but did involve a political opponent and the 2016 election.

Trump isn't interested in corruption in Ukraine or anywhere else.  He's interested in using the powers of the Presidency to his personal advantage.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

LOL...I think it's absolutely overflowing with reasons to investigate.

Then ask Barr to investigate! 

Willy! You are a total failure! There is a case which is absolutely overflowing with reasons to investigate, and you do nothing? And it's not like your boss does not care, right?

Ah! Ah!

Archived