BANGKOK
webfact

Trump faces two deadlines as U.S. Congress ramps up impeachment focus

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

The  despicable dems are abusing their power just like Turley said!  When the 2 branches can't agree it is decided by the courts...

I heard this bit before I nodded off...seems so obvious, you don't need a lawyer to argue this.

When executive branch forwards their dispute with legislative branch to the judicial branch to arbitrate, the Dems cry obstruction...but it isn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

As has been commented on previous such hearings by late night hosts, "It MUST be exciting! Ratings are all that are important!"

Who cares if the country is going up in flames, right?

In times like this, I have found that a nice glass of kombucha with senna leaves provides great comfort.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, riclag said:

He said no push,no blackmail ,no pressure on 3 separate occasions he acknowledged to the call had no appearance of a demand! In fact no witness on any of those panels has direct evidence of a demand or offer to suggest such,just opinions, presumptions, hearsay and second hand info,

Imop the key witness ,Prez Z  and the evidence, the transcript,  hasn't showed the same conclusion as the house dems have portrayed,unfortunately for the dems. If only it did, I suppose it would convince the GOP to join in the impeachment,but it doesn't(100%).  It does show concerns and efforts to expose corruption in Ukraine from the past administration to concerns of a suspicious POTUS whether or not to facilitate the aid to a corrupt country.

The POTUS was not buying into the same old status quo,millions of dollars squandered by past Ukraine corrupt politicians.  

Regardless of what washington bureaucrats have said that new Ukraine GOV was cleared by them, the POTUS as the commander and chief and the head foreign policy maker  in this matter was responsible to the American people to oversee taxpayer funds and the appearance of corruption.

The  despicable dems are abusing their power just like Turley said!  When the 2 branches can't agree it is decided by the courts,they are further dividing my country with their hatred, with some wanting to impeach him as soon as he entered office .

You may disagree with me about to interpret Z's comments and that's fine as it was his objective to be interoperable in different ways.

Additionally, Trump did not show he wanted to probe corruption in Ukraine 'in general', he precisely and only targeted Biden and Crowdstrike. It is clearly exposed in the transcript and confirmed by several witnesses.

On top of it, the Biden conspiracy is debunked and there is even not enough matter to start an official investigation. And as to the Crowdstrike conspiracy, it is the most ridiculous claim: there is not one server but 140, Crowdstrike is not a Ukrainian company and its co-founder is an American guy born in Russia. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

On top of it, the Biden conspiracy is debunked and there is even not enough matter to start an official investigation.

LOL...I think it's absolutely overflowing with reasons to investigate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, riclag said:

Indirectly! First I don't believe he was asked those questions(refute)! He did say  “I think you read everything. I think you read text. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be involved to democratic open... .

elections,” Zelensky replied.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-zelensky-ukraine-impeachment_n_5d8bb919e4b0e9e7604670bf

But on several occasions  he being the key witness, said there was no demands,coercion,qqp  or blackmail . The investigation of biden was never asked by the POTUS .

The POTUS did ask if he could look into it. 

Prosecutor was  fired after biden  gave him a qpq. Its the POTUS duty to investigate corruption

Nobody who has paid attention believes Trump cares about corruption.  The very idea is ridiculous.

The top three recipients of US aid are Afghanistan, Israel, and Egypt.  Afghanistan and Egypt are notoriously corrupt, and Israel's Prime Minister has been indicted on corruption charges.  How often has Trump "asked" leaders of these countries that corruption be looked into?  How often has Trump held up aid until corruption issues have been worked out in these countries?

The question I keep asking, and never get answered, is why, in a country with widespread corruption problems, the only "corruption" Trump asked be looked into had nothing to do with US aid but did involve a political opponent and the 2016 election.

Trump isn't interested in corruption in Ukraine or anywhere else.  He's interested in using the powers of the Presidency to his personal advantage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

LOL...I think it's absolutely overflowing with reasons to investigate.

Then ask Barr to investigate! 

Willy! You are a total failure! There is a case which is absolutely overflowing with reasons to investigate, and you do nothing? And it's not like your boss does not care, right?

Ah! Ah!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1