Trump faces two deadlines as U.S. Congress ramps up impeachment focus

webfact

24 minutes ago, UncleFesterNightmare said:

A quote or reference would go much farther than a vague statement. As I recall, Trump is wanting to go to the Senate, where the treachery will be laid bare for all to see. 

Pity the left for the excoriation that will ensue.

He will try his best not to appear at the Senate also , we all know why.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

I think at this point another term is pretty much a given. Americans are not going to elect Communist Bernie, Not going to elect Buttigieg, Not going to elect Biden (the recent video? His mind is obviously shot), Not goingn to elect Pocahontas either. Not going to elect Bloomberg. The entire mess of candidates is a joke.

But the current POTUS is the biggest joke of all , a pretty sick joke at that.

Its a poor reflection on the USA that neither party can manage a solid candidate.

8 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

But the current POTUS is the biggest joke of all , a pretty sick joke at that.

Its a poor reflection on the USA that neither party can manage a solid candidate.

You must live in a faraday cage. Trump is the rubric from which the current slate of Democratic challengers is found lacking. 

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Trump is doing exactly that. I think you are confused about how the American process works. As far as a President being tried for crimes after he leaves office. If he is not convicted in the Senate I think that may be highly unlikely. That is what the Senate is by the way - its the trial. The impeachment process is entirely political. IF there were a clear case of crime, there would CERTAINLY be bi-partisan support for his removal. There isn't any. None. The Democrat party accused Trump of literally being a foreign agent - with his finger on the American Nuclear Trigger. Possessing all of the Countries secrets. DO YOU NOT THINK that if that was true that the Republicans (especially the never Trumpers) would have not immediately sided with Democrats and had him immediately removed from office? But it was NOT TRUE. Its a political game being played by a single party, and its obvious. 

This President has been absolutely maligned in a way I have never seen in my life. And I firmly believe that most of this unhinged left would be attacking ANY Conservative President in power in the same way. 

I won't convince you so I won't try.

Yes, I don't know the details of American law. But I read lots of articles about what is happening and I saw a couple of the interviews.

I think you are wrong in your view about attacking the conservative party. I.e. Bush was in my view a horrible president. And I think he should never have invaded Iraq. But legally he had the right to do that. It's no crime for an American president to start a war. Lot's of people thought the USA and the world would have been a lot better without Bush. But what he did was legal. 

What Bush did cost a lot of lives (Americans, Iraqis, and others) and in a way it was a lot worse than what Trump just did. But what Trump did was illegal. And that's the important difference.

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

What Bush did cost a lot of lives (Americans, Iraqis, and others)

Finally, something upon which we can agree.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

and in a way it was a lot worse than what Trump just did. But what Trump did was illegal.

And what was that?  What was illegal? Do try not to be vague.

3 minutes ago, UncleFesterNightmare said:

You must live in a faraday cage. Trump is the rubric from which the current slate of Democratic challengers is found lacking. 

Only according to his most deluded supporters , and their lack of clarity makes them irrelevant , just noise.

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

Only according to his most deluded supporters , and their lack of clarity makes them irrelevant , just noise.

Joe Biden was never President.

Joe Biden cannot garner the support of the President with whom he served.  

Quite pathetic, in a way, a grotesque example of hubris and folly.

Donald John Trump is President.

Interview conducted by Time magazine with Ukranian president from 2 days ago.

During the interview in his office in Kyiv, the comedian-turned-president denied, as he has done in the past, that he and Trump ever discussed a decision to withhold American aid to Ukraine for nearly two months in the context of a quid pro quo involving political favors, which are now at the center of the impeachment inquiry in Congress.

https://time.com/5742108/ukraine-zelensky-interview-trump-putin-europe/

17 minutes ago, UncleFesterNightmare said:

Joe Biden was never President.

Joe Biden cannot garner the support of the President with whom he served.  

Quite pathetic, in a way, a grotesque example of hubris and folly.

Donald John Trump is President.

Correct and it is Trump being impeached , not Biden or anybody else.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

If the House impeaches Trump, the Republican-controlled Senate would hold a trial to determine whether he should be removed from office. Senate Republicans have shown little appetite for removing Trump.

Of course the Republican Senate won't remove the Reality TV Con Man from office. They have no choice if they want to keep a Republican in the White House. Removing Donald now pretty much guarantees that a Democrat will be elected President. Pence has no chance of winning much less any other potential Republican candidate. 

The Republicans best shot is to hold steady, weather the impeachment storm and not vote for removal from office. This way, they stay in power and hope that Donald wins re-election.

Now, if Donald wins the 2020 election all bets are off. The Senate Republicans just might toss Donald under the bus since he can only serve two terms and then they will amazingly show a new found understanding of law and order. I wouldn't put it past them to remove Donald from office in his second term to try to salvage some of their reputation. 

4 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Seems many people do not know how it works:  Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments of officers of the U.S. federal government. (Various state constitutions include similar measures, allowing the state legislature to impeach the governor or other officials of the state government.) In contrast to the British system, in the United States impeachment is only the first of two stages, and conviction during the second stage requires "the concurrence of two thirds of the members present".

The House recommends impeachment (lays charges) - the Senate conducts the trial into guilt or innocence.

Clinton was charged with impeachment by the House (members of both Parties), but not enough Senators (both Parties) voted in favour after the Senate trial, and the charge of Impeachment was therefore dismissed.

No president has ever been removed from office through impeachment. Richard Nixon  arguably came the closest, but he resigned midway through the impeachment process.

The only way for Congress to remove a sitting president is to find him or her guilty during a Senate trial. In that trial, which comes after the House votes to approve articles of impeachment, the Chief Justice of the United States presides and the 100 members of the Senate serve as the jury. A full two-thirds of the Senate jurors present needs to vote “guilty” for a president to be convicted.

2 minutes ago, Longcut said:

No president has ever been removed from office through impeachment. Richard Nixon  arguably came the closest, but he resigned midway through the impeachment process.

The only way for Congress to remove a sitting president is to find him or her guilty during a Senate trial. In that trial, which comes after the House votes to approve articles of impeachment, the Chief Justice of the United States presides and the 100 members of the Senate serve as the jury. A full two-thirds of the Senate jurors present needs to vote “guilty” for a president to be convicted.

Yes, and with a proper jury and a trial, comes the most feared word of the left:

DISCOVERY

I'm looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, muzley said:

Interview conducted by Time magazine with Ukranian president from 2 days ago.

During the interview in his office in Kyiv, the comedian-turned-president denied, as he has done in the past, that he and Trump ever discussed a decision to withhold American aid to Ukraine for nearly two months in the context of a quid pro quo involving political favors, which are now at the center of the impeachment inquiry in Congress.

https://time.com/5742108/ukraine-zelensky-interview-trump-putin-europe/

It's not said under oath. If it's true, why is it that Trump doesn't send his minions Pompeo, Mulvaney and Giuliani to testify under oath and definitely confirm it?

3 hours ago, UncleFesterNightmare said:

Anyone can be impeached.  

Can he be convicted?  Get out your crying towels now.

I doubt that many here expect a conviction at the Senate , but you know that anyway.

Its the perception of swing voters that matters and their opinion is running just one way at the moment.

Just now, candide said:

Come on, let's be a bit serious. The cost of the impeachment procedure is peanuts compared to the increased budget deficit by Trump.

So in other words its ok to waste money when you already do not have any money? funny how you make it sound as if its Trump who ran up the insane debt, yet whining and complaining when Trump makes cuts to foreign aid, pulls out of syria and all other cuts to save money.

10 hours ago, UncleFesterNightmare said:

And what was that?  What was illegal? Do try not to be vague.

Asking for that favor in return for getting the 400 million.

It was all over the news for the last couple of weeks. If you didn't listen to that or if you still think Trump is innocent after listening to the testimonies than I won't be able to convince you.

10 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Can you tell me please who has made such a determination?

You should be able to figure out that is was illegal. Just listen to the testimonies what Trump did and compare it with the laws what he should have done.

It's like seeing someone walking out of a shop with candies without paying and then arguing if that was legal. It's not really so difficult.

I don't understand why when the president of Ukraine again states there was no QPQ it is discounted by the left!!

In a Time interview 2 days ago he states it again.

17 minutes ago, muzley said:

I don't understand why when the president of Ukraine again states there was no QPQ it is discounted by the left!!

In a Time interview 2 days ago he states it again.

Because if he said he was pressured then no aid for you. He would then be at the mercy of vlad.

Archived