Video: Horror at the fair! Six children thrown from revolving ride as operator flees scene

webfact

Video: Horror at the fair! Six children thrown from revolving ride as operator flees scene

1pm.jpg

Picture: Workpoint News

Four children were taken to hospital after they came loose from a revolving fairground ride in Lopburi, central Thailand on Saturday night. 

A video showed six children on the right side of a "Cozy Wave" ride being thrown 6 meters to the ground as the ride completed its second rotation. 

A restraining section on the 18 seater device had come loose.

The person who was operating the ride shut the machine down then just ran away without offering any help. 

Three girls aged 13, and 15 (2) and a 12 were old boy were taken to Phra Narai Maharat Hospital with head and leg injuries. 

1575163346_33555_900x50460.jpg

Owner Sornchai, 62, said he had insurance for all his rides and would take responsibility. 

Lopburi police want to interview the person who was meant to be ensuring safety at the ride. 

They are investigating if all the permits were in place and if procedures were followed. 

Source: Workpoint News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-02

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, webfact said:

The person who was operating the ride shut the machine down then just ran away without offering any help. 

He was afraid they might beat him to death. 

But his troubles are not yet over - 

Just now, webfact said:

Lopburi police want to interview the person who was meant to be ensuring safety at the ride. 

They are investigating if all the permits were in place and if procedures were followed. 

That is probably him although doubtful he knows a thing about it, nor was he paid or trained to do this role. I wonder who was ... responsible. Always mysteries.  ????

Normal Thai health and safety issue. never use fairground rides here, water attractions, parascending, zip wires, white water rafting, parachuting,  bungy jumping, private flying.  The Thais have not got the first idea of how to maintain anything to any great degree.  They can't even service cars to western standard, never mind dangerous activities equipment. Forgot to add water parks to the list. 

Public safety standards here are as lacking as traffic safety standards. It is a real indictment of the government, and an indication of just how little they care about the well being of the masses. 

And since there are no laws against fleeing from the scene of a crime here, why wouldn't the average coward flee? 

10 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

They can't even service cars to western standard

Thai can't even pump a motorbike tire at the Honda dealer....they even don't have a proper pressure gauge and just pump untill it's rock hard. 

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Simple........No.........and No..............But all envelopes were securely delivered to relevant agencies.

Fortunately no one was killed, or seriously injured, and thank God the guy operating it who took off, out of fear no doubt, shut it down quick enough to stop any further injuries.

Not saying it was right for him to take off, but credit for shutting it down quickly at least.

Good to hear the owner has insurance too.

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And since there are no laws against fleeing from the scene of a crime here, why wouldn't the average coward flee? 

Quite right. If no punishment, no deterrent. 

There are several countries where escaping prison is not a crime, Mexico, Germany, Austria, as it's considered natural human behavior. 

(Of course it's very difficult to escape without committing other crimes - damage or stealing prison clothes as examples.)

3 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

How did I end up in this pitful country? You should all be asking yourselves the same question too.

Oh come on Jeff, it ain't that bad, I mean, there are airports for when you want to exit at least ????

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

Now i understand why all those service providers are wearing running shoes.. i guess proper and periodic maintenance are a dirty words in Thailand...

I must have been to long in this country,I have sympathy for the operater,his only job was to pull a lever for a certain amount of time and collect the money for the person who should be held responsible for the accident the owner.poor <deleted> was probably only getting paid a pittance and probably thought I'm going to cop the rap for this.

55 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

How did I end up in this pitful country? You should all be asking yourselves the same question too.

Yep! next thing they will be inviting known terrorists to take residence & pay them to do so safe in the knowledge that no harm will come to their citizens!

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Normal Thai health and safety issue. never use fairground rides here, water attractions, parascending, zip wires, white water rafting, parachuting,  bungy jumping, private flying.  The Thais have not got the first idea of how to maintain anything to any great degree.  They can't even service cars to western standard, never mind dangerous activities equipment. Forgot to add water parks to the list. 

Do you use lifts (elevators) in high rise buildings?

I agree with you about mechanical safety here, and always am very pleased when I reach the floor I want in a building via lift

1 hour ago, Thian said:

Thai can't even pump a motorbike tire at the Honda dealer....they even don't have a proper pressure gauge and just pump untill it's rock hard. 

They're actually doing you a favor, as the tires, for some reason, always leaks. Saves you an extra trip to the dealer to fill up with air...

1 hour ago, Thian said:

We might be off topic here but my Forza went in for a service about a month ago , I check my tyres every 2 weeks so I know they are ok.  Checked them after the service and there was 50psi in the rear tyre not 29 and the front was 40 not 25.   Why are GWH employing workers who can't even get tyre pressures right ? If I hadn't checked the pressures I would of come off at the roundabout 300 metres away ( yes we have a roundabout in town ).

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Exactly my experience. Nearly drowned one time in WWR in Kanchanaburi when the morons just turned over the boat and stopped Zip Line in Chiang Mai right before when I inspected the equipment, stay away from Jetskis, too

Archived