Video: Horror at the fair! Six children thrown from revolving ride as operator flees scene

webfact

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

They're actually doing you a favor, as the tires, for some reason, always leaks. Saves you an extra trip to the dealer to fill up with air...

I have anti leak sludge in my tubeless tires but yes even with that they get soft every 2 months. I have my own airpump though because at the motorcycle pump at the fuelstation there also is no pressure gauge....only ones for cars  have one but there it's always busy.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

We might be off topic here but my Forza went in for a service about a month ago , I check my tyres every 2 weeks so I know they are ok.  Checked them after the service and there was 50psi in the rear tyre not 29 and the front was 40 not 25.   Why are GWH employing workers who can't even get tyre pressures right ? If I hadn't checked the pressures I would of come off at the roundabout 300 metres away ( yes we have a roundabout in town ).

Well if you take a heavy backpassenger on that bike with very hard tires and let them get hot in the sun first they can even explode during the ride.

My honda dealer did the same, and also put very greasy fingers on my discbrakes...so i watch them closely since then and noticed that they even don't have a pressure gauge, the one they had was broken...i have one with me now which i let them use...costed 2-300 baht in homepro, a digital one.

Also i 've been back after service to let them clean the discbrakes because they didn't work anymore.

I will not let my child go on any rides here for this very reason.

Safety standards are absent, as is any degree of accountability or inspection.

-----

I few years back I was with some Thai Friends at a fair - my friend's son (about 6 at the time) wished to go on a mini-ferris wheel. I had a quick look, without even looking hard I found lots of bolt holes (missing bolts) and rusted bolts in others. I pointed this out to the Owner who shrugged. 

I took some photos of the missing bolts etc showed my friend and his son - after seeing the state of the ride my friends son had no interest in going on the ride - Unfortunately I was not in a position to have the ride shut down and interfere with something 'sanook' !!!

Anything mechanical or electrical here must be treated with the utmost respect with the understanding that the equipment itself has a history of being treated with the utmost disrespect. 

4 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

He was afraid they might beat him to death. 

But his troubles are not yet over - 

That is probably him although doubtful he knows a thing about it, nor was he paid or trained to do this role. I wonder who was ... responsible. Always mysteries.  ????

Yes, always mysteries, that's why there are always investigations?

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Thai can't even pump a motorbike tire at the Honda dealer....they even don't have a proper pressure gauge and just pump untill it's rock hard. 

Rock hard, that is the essence of the Thai male :Was told by reliable sources (of the female gender) that the Thai 'organ', although smaller gets much harder than the Farang equivalent. 

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Normal Thai health and safety issue. never use fairground rides here, water attractions, parascending, zip wires, white water rafting, parachuting,  bungy jumping, private flying.  The Thais have not got the first idea of how to maintain anything to any great degree.  They can't even service cars to western standard, never mind dangerous activities equipment. Forgot to add water parks to the list. 

I take issue with the service cars bit. The major dealerships service ares are generally spotless, well organized and take care of any issues professionally. I have also had good service and results at independent garages. I agree that in general the locals do not regard maintenance as an important factor in life.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Thai can't even pump a motorbike tire at the Honda dealer....they even don't have a proper pressure gauge and just pump untill it's rock hard. 

Man, this is so true here in Laos as well. I have a pressure gauges in my car and in my motorbike and when I stop to get air I bring it out and check until the pressure is at it should be. The "ahem" mechanics are always amazed by the magic little tool. 

In this "civil" country, nothing surprises me any more, a country where public transport and drivers of these vehicles are not routinely subjected to checks and maintenance, as can be expected to take care of "toys"!
Is it time to do something, do you care about your children? So move on!

4 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I take issue with the service cars bit. The major dealerships service ares are generally spotless, well organized and take care of any issues professionally. I have also had good service and results at independent garages. I agree that in general the locals do not regard maintenance as an important factor in life.

One of our cars is a Toyota Altis, it gets serviced by Bangkoks biggest toyota dealer which is really huge.

Last service they told us that a brake cilinder was leaking (5 years old)...we told them to replace it..they could but it would take another day extra because they would have to order that cilinder.....

They had to order a brake cilinder for an Altis...pfffffff....so professional!

5 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Simple........No.........and No..............But all envelopes were securely delivered to relevant agencies.

Maybe the BIB can bust him for running gambling game; gambling with kids lives. Not on par with the darts and balloons gambling the other day.

5 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Forgot to add water parks to the list. 

You are right ! in 2008, I went with friends to a water park in Bangkok (not gonna name it because of this f***** defamation law, but I followed safety procedures, crossed my arms on my chest...

However, because of the <deleted>ty design of the ride, I ended up jumping on the second bump and I broke my elbow. There was no one at the end of the ride to offer any assistance (except my friends) and when I complained to the staff, they just said "oh we sorry for you". They didn't refund me, didn't care if I was ok or not and didn't even offer to call emergencies. We had to take a taxi to the nearest hospital and it ruined my holidays.

26 minutes ago, anthobkk said:

×<MEDIA>@https://assets.thaivisa.com You are right ! in 2008, I went with friends to a water park in Bangkok (not gonna name it because of this f***** defamation law, but I followed safety procedures, crossed my arms on my chest...

However, because of the <deleted>ty design of the ride, I ended up jumping on the second bump and I broke my elbow. There was no one at the end of the ride to offer any assistance (except my friends) and when I complained to the staff, they just said "oh we sorry for you". They didn't refund me, didn't care if I was ok or not and didn't even offer to call emergencies. We had to take a taxi to the nearest hospital and it ruined my holidays.

I take it that you had a travel insurance.

6 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Normal Thai health and safety issue. never use fairground rides here, water attractions, parascending, zip wires, white water rafting, parachuting,  bungy jumping, private flying.  The Thais have not got the first idea of how to maintain anything to any great degree.  They can't even service cars to western standard, never mind dangerous activities equipment. Forgot to add water parks to the list. 

is Thai Airways still CAT II?

6 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

How did I end up in this pitful country? You should all be asking yourselves the same question too.

Really takes the biscuit when Thai's don't even care about injured children. Man deserves his head to be caved in.

it's a good country as long as you avoid the pitfalls.  just too easy going in some ways.

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Fortunately no one was killed, or seriously injured, and thank God the guy operating it who took off, out of fear no doubt, shut it down quick enough to stop any further injuries.

Not saying it was right for him to take off, but credit for shutting it down quickly at least.

Good to hear the owner has insurance too.

Let's see if insurance will honour the claim.  I doubt it.  Was the operator at the time qualified/licensed/authorized to operate it?  Hmm.  Even if the owner nominates someone as the operator (and will that even be the same person or someone 'appropriate'?), I doubt any claims assessor is going to accept the claim.  Fleeing the scene screams of negligence and warrants a big red flag on the claim. 

Yes, the defence will argue fleeing the scene was out of legitimate fear of violent retribution from friends and family.  Maybe there were actual threats or attempts of violence?  These news stories never articulate everything of course.  

7 hours ago, Thian said:

That's the way it suppose to be Rock Hard ,How could they put 5or 6 people on the bike if it had the Proper pressure in it .  ????

Is just another part of the mosaic, which represents Thai culture.

Unsafe and run away mentality.

That is why you will never see good attraction on fairs.

1. They are technical to complicated to build up.

2. There is no safety standards.

3. They don't know about maintainance and the

responsibility for the costumers on a ride.

4. In general Thailand is missing an undependent organisation as the

TÜV in Germany, which has the best engineers to check every time

when an attraction is build up again if it is safe.

Never!!!

Archived