BANGKOK
webfact

Long queues at Bangkok airport: Immigration says it wasn't us, points blame at AOT

Long queues at Bangkok airport: Immigration says it wasn't us, points blame at AOT

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

An immigration spokesman responded to reporters after claims on radio station JS 100 that there were terrible queues at Suvarnabhumi airport outbound on Sunday morning. 

Pol Col Cherngron Rimphadee said that the problem lay with the body scan and baggage check on the western side of the second floor section. 

Downstairs at immigration everything was running normally, he told Thai Rath. 

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang had told immigration that during peak traffic hours all booths were to be manned. And that is exactly what was happening at immigration. 

Without directly saying so Cherngron placed the blame for the queues firmly in the court of the Airports of Thailand PLC who have the responsibility of checking baggage and body scans between check-in and immigration formalities. 

He said that immigration did what they could to alleviate the situation that saw many complaints on Sunday. 

He said that passengers on many flights were being processed at the same time. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-02
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3

Same on the 11th of last month. blocked up and queues to the base of the inclinator and more than an hour to get processed.

Edited by Reigntax

42 minutes ago, off road pat said:

With the high bath, more Thais travell abroad !!! I have seen lots of them in Europe !

Nobody expects that they have to take their shoes off, belt off, open laptop, no liquids and so on.....especially the ones who never flew before start arguing and refuse to bin their stuff.

• Like 2

This happened to me a couple of weeks back on my way to Singapore. The queues to get onto the esculator to go up to security were at least 50m at both the east and west security points. Immigration was no busier than usual.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

As far as I can remember there are only 3 or 4 security checkpoints up those stairs, totally inadequate for the numbers of outgoing passengers being expected to use them.

IIRC If they are all in operation there are 8 at both east and west making a total of 16

• Like 2