Long queues at Bangkok airport: Immigration says it wasn't us, points blame at AOT

webfact

19 hours ago, yellowboat said:

Avoiding both Bangkok airports on international arrivals starts your frustration free time in Thailand.   There is nothing appealing about either airport. It is all hassles.  

Arriving hasn't been an issue over the last few months. Departure is where the long queues are.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Emdog said:

"He said that passengers on many flights were being processed at the same time"

Imagine that. Totally unexpected. IF someone had brains, it would not be that difficult to determine peak hours for arrivals, departures, etc and staff accordingly. This blame game serves no useful purpose. We don't care who is at fault: fix it.

The arrivals and departures crush makes me think of Yogi Berra line about a restaurant: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's always too crowded".

The fix might be the new terminal that they are  constructing at Swampy?

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Simple question.

Why does the IO, after scanning the passport front page have to spend minutes, and I mean minutes, looking at every single page of the passport? 

All your details are on the screen in front of him/her.

It must be you. I've never had that happen - maybe 30-45 seconds or a minute max. I'll time it this week on my next arrival.It will be interesting to see if the new arrival xray machines are operating. They weren't in November but exit B had been rearranged and at least one extra machine installed.

17 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

This is the world,s worst airport, the thought of going through it terrifies me. In Singapore the average time through immigration is around 30 seconds, so how can a so-called modern airport justify hours waiting in line ? Disgusting performance !

It is not even close to being the world's worst airport, don't be silly.

And in Singapore last month it took me 45 minutes to get through immigration.  Very slow passenger processing times.  Yes, sometimes it is only a few minutes but then so is BKK.

Suvaranabhumi has its issues but don't make up stuff about Singapore please.

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

It must be you. I've never had that happen - maybe 30-45 seconds or a minute max. I'll time it this week on my next arrival.It will be interesting to see if the new arrival xray machines are operating. They weren't in November but exit B had been rearranged and at least one extra machine installed.

Time before last he spent a long time staring at my 60 day extension and was even asking the IO next to him about it. He obviously had no idea what it was. He couldn't relate a one year multi visa to the extension and was asking the other IO about a re-entry permit. That was DMK, never seem to have a problem at SUV, usually a quick look, stamp and go there.

17 hours ago, KenKadz said:

Thainess = No one is ever Responsible in Thailand!

Never mind a little proactive planning like staggered Arrivals and Departures so the facility and staff is not overwhelmed all at one time.

Adjusting arrival times and departure times is a much more complicated and expensive job than staffing all the booths all the time.

My worst airport was Beijing China, they had 4 desks to check us through but

only 2 were manned, meanwhile the domestic desks next to where we check through

had 10 positions, and only 2 had passengers, and the staff were just standing around., 

I complained to the customs officer, who turned out to be the supervisor and he quickly

got 3 staff to come over and man the international desks. We had been about 45 minutes

trying to just transit at the airport and I won't fly through China again, unless I have no choice.

Geezer

On 12/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, wgdanson said:

All that time wasted when the passenger could be in duty free buying Sang Som for more than it is in 7-11.  LOL

Sang Som, you mean to tell me that foreign tourists actually buy it? 

35 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Sang Som, you mean to tell me that foreign tourists actually buy it? 

I always pick one for friends as gift. It's because it's just about the only Thai product that you can't buy outside - maybe because it's classified as petrol. Somehow my friends seem to survive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2019 at 3:47 PM, legend49 said:

Thats the issue I have when in transit from Chiang mai to International departure at Swampy. Already been scanned twice at CNX so why in the letter F in transit you need to be scanned again? I laughed last time , the alien in front of me got a bollocking as he didnt take his flip flops off for scanning; REALLY the body scanning machine must be poor quality.

bollocking.jpg

Archived