HIV diagnosis rates for straight men in WA now greater than for gay men

RJRS1301

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't get the link to come up. How are the men catching HIV? holiday sex abroad? working girls in Oz? or from non working girls in Oz?

My pal got it banging Bar and Massage girls in Chiang Mai.

Diagnosed in the UK last June, died this June after spending almost the entire year in a London hospital.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Diagnosed in the UK last June, died this June after spending almost the entire year in a London hospital.

do you think the girls were lactating? much more likely scenario.   

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I take PrEP and what I don't understand is you are meant to take it daily for insertive vaginal\frontal sex, but insertive anal sex only 4 days a week is required. So insertive anal sex is less risky than insertive vaginal sex, doesn't make any sense to me but I've read it in many places.

Is there a doctor in the house?

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He must have gotten it years ago

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Really. its very rare for someone diagnosed now to pass form hiv,

11 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Really. its very rare for someone diagnosed now to pass form hiv,

In the link that can't be opened (but I Googled it and found the article) it states that almost all straight men who contracted HIV were on sex trips in South East Asia. 

Perhaps it's time for Sheryl to start deleting posts like yours who throughout years dangerously claimed what you spew. 

Kinda makes me angry as I actually believed this nonsense and took some risks. 

13 minutes ago, Pravda said:

In the link that can't be opened (but I Googled it and found the article) it states that almost all straight men who contracted HIV were on sex trips in South East Asia. 

Perhaps it's time for Sheryl to start deleting posts like yours who throughout years dangerously claimed what you spew. 

Kinda makes me angry as I actually believed this nonsense and took some risks. 

Guess you have learnt your lesson then.

HIV most definitely can be transmitted through heterosexual sex.

Men can and do contact HIV as a result of unprotected sex with sex workers/bar girls in Thailand. It is an extremely foolish thing to do.  Condoms are sold in every 7-11.

41 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I take PrEP and what I don't understand is you are meant to take it daily for insertive vaginal\frontal sex, but insertive anal sex only 4 days a week is required. So insertive anal sex is less risky than insertive vaginal sex, doesn't make any sense to me but I've read it in many places.

@Sheryl what's your view on the above? I can't see the logic of it

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

HIV most definitely can be transmitted through heterosexual sex.

Men can and do contact HIV as a result of unprotected sex with sex workers/bar girls in Thailand. It is an extremely foolish thing to do.  Condoms are sold in every 7-11.

Except..... With some men like myself putting on a condom has a devastating effect. It simply won't work. 

I am now super worried. Time to get tested. 

46 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Never heard that. sounds like a lot of fake news and nonsense. As far as i am aware its a single dose daily for all.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't get the link to come up. How are the men catching HIV? holiday sex abroad? working girls in Oz? or from non working girls in Oz?

The data indicates from unprotected sex in SE Asia, this is also the case in the Northern Territory 

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

One of my friend in France has had to take the Prep and she was sick as hell

during few days (vomiting, extreme tiredness...).

As you use it, you don't have any secondary effects?

No side effects at all. It's not unusual to feel slightly nauseous to begin with but that goes quickly. You need to check kidney function regularly to ensure its not adversely effected

1 minute ago, kingofthemountain said:

One of my friend in France has had to take the Prep and she was sick as hell

during few days (vomiting, extreme tiredness...).

As you use it, you don't have any secondary effects?

Was she give  (Post Exposure) or did she start a regime of PrEP? (Pre Exposure)

9 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

True, but many would not fulfill the criteria in Oz for PrEP, unless they pay for it or import it from O/S

It available on the PBS under the following criteria

The treatment must be for patients at medium to high risk of HIV infection, as defined by the Australasian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM) HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis: clinical guidelines.  The patient must have a negative HIV test result prior to treatment with PBS-subsidised PrEP therapy.  The patient must be 18 years or older.

Archived