Immigration Photo Copy Charge

Mine is 100 bht...????????????????...extension 1900 an dthey keep the 100 change for the photo and photo copy......she called me lazy once when I went in because I didn’t have photo or photo copy ,,,I said I just like to help immigration????????????

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien is 3 baht a page but with some planning in advance some shops copy for 0.5 or 1 baht a sheet.

They're quite cheap for photos, 8 for 150 baht. Outside wanted 50 baht a photo

Some offices charge more than that.

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The price is obviously not the issue. If you are happy taking it up the @#$%, fair enough. I guess you disagree with what Rosa Parks etc did.

Newer copy machines can cost 1 million baht($30,000 USD), so a few baht per copy is sensible. 

Although in the USA at Kinkos in 1991, I do believe copies were only 1 cent

44 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Jomtien is 3 baht a page but with some planning in advance some shops copy for 0.5 or 1 baht a sheet

I do most of mine at home... probably costs me more with those overpriced little cartridges. I appease myself by scrounging a free one from my bank, of the updated passbook, after getting the letter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That is a US copy chain.  As for immigration they are not set up to make copies - they advise you what copies are required an expect us to arrive with them.  Here in Bangkok over that last two decades have not paid immigration any copy fee.  The few times they required extra, like last years TM30 mess, they did without charge.  But if you arrive without required paperwork you are advise to depart and obtain.  Sounds as if your local office is doing you a favor and making the copies rather than requiring this - would expect such service to come at a price.

My point is that all other police departments/govt. depts. do offer this service for a reasonable charge. 

My immigration even had the nerve to ask for tips, which many Thais on social media were disgusted about, while clueless foreigners put money into it. 

If allowed, i can provide rhe Facebook link.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well I know that once my wife had to run down the street to some local place non-affiliated with the Gov and they charged her 3 baht, which is the equivalent of nearly ten cents United States dollars $0.10 is that high? Sounds like a bargain to me.

• Like 1

My local always refused to make copies, so back on the bike, find a copy shop and then head back to immi. I was thrilled when they started offering copies for 5-10 baht each. 
 In Khon Kaen years ago they had a Xerox and a tip container, no set price. Most people threw in 20 baht.

12 minutes ago, marcusb said:

My local always refused to make copies, so back on the bike, find a copy shop and then head back to immi. I was thrilled when they started offering copies for 5-10 baht each. 
 In Khon Kaen years ago they had a Xerox and a tip container, no set price. Most people threw in 20 baht.

Wow, thats 10x more than they do here, its 50 satang - 1baht per page. The IO office wont do it, but someone installed a copier in the hall outside.:whistling: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fourpack said:

Lol yet another skinflint.

As for it being illegal how!.

I charge 2bht per page to Thais in my village am I being illegal? 

Depends, how much do you charge falangs? Whilst not strictly illegal, you would be going against current norms not to charge locals less!

30 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Depends, how much do you charge falangs? Whilst not strictly illegal, you would be going against current norms not to charge locals less!

As I don't see any other expats there is no issue but if I did they would be charged the same. And no it's not illegal at all hence I said HOW is it illegal? PS last time I went to an immigration office I noticed the photocopies were the same price to everyone regardless of skin colour

Edited by fourpack

1 minute ago, fourpack said:

As I don't see any other expats there is no issue but if I did they would be charged the same. PS lat time I went to an immigration office I noticed the photocopies were the same price to everyone regardless of skin colour

I doubt Thais make many copies at immigration, if they do they are for foreign partners or friends. Skin color  isn't the factor.

• Like 1

They're not obligated to do your legwork. Copy your documents yourself ahead of time if you're not happy with what they're offering. Print the pages of a dictionary while you're at it so you can learn the definitions of "discrimination" and "illegal".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, fourpack said:

Lol yet another skinflint.

As for it being illegal how!.

I charge 2bht per page to Thais in my village am I being illegal? 

Outgoings paper/copier/ink/electric.

And of course my time

You're lucky..OP not staying in your village..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, chuang said:

Then make sure to print a dozen of each copy.

Why?  In Bangkok I have only required one copy of any document in the several decades I have been extending.  I do copy them real size and avoid horizontal.  Outside of Bangkok an extra set may be required but nothing like a dozen.

3 hours ago, dabhand said:

When I did my last retirement extension in April at Jomtien I needed copies of a few documents. The young assistant sorting out my paperwork simply used their small copier rather than asking me to arrange myself.

No charge.

Have always found the retirement desk at Jomtien extremely helpful.

+1