Immigration Photo Copy Charge

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Why?  In Bangkok I have only required one copy of any document in the several decades I have been extending.  I do copy them real size and avoid horizontal.  Outside of Bangkok an extra set may be required but nothing like a dozen.

Just to be safe..or if lucky/unlucky you pay baht to have copies made..

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No cost at all. They just smile and thake the copies needed. I smile back and chat during the process.

Reminds me of when immigration was at Suan Plu. I had to go there several times over 2 or 3 months and there was a big Thai lady there who served me every time. She was always friendly and joked with me and every time she took a photocopy she gave a big smile and said "10 baht!" . I knew she was joking and so every time I had to sign a piece of paper I would say "20 Baht". She remembered every year and I was sorry when they moved to CW and she didn't follow them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fourpack said:

Lol yet another skinflint.

As for it being illegal how!.

I charge 2bht per page to Thais in my village am I being illegal? 

Outgoings paper/copier/ink/electric.

And of course my time

Have you ever read the Constitution?

15 hours ago, Bennyl said:

Absolutely, they're just doing a favor. Immigration is not supposed to be a copy shop.    

.  Nobody questions why photocopies are our responsibility do they?  We have the originals and they inspect them, job done.  

Is there any risk in that little shops could have copies of all our personal data? 

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The price is obviously not the issue. If you are happy taking it up the @#$%, fair enough. I guess you disagree with what rosa parks etc did.

maybe there is no other source of photo copying near to the immigration office, so you have to swallow their charge, when they require one you didn't thing of.

had to duckduckgo 'rosa parks', did they have copy machines then

I agree with the OP. If copies are required, and they don't appear to be requested on the list of docs required, then not your plomplem. Well done the OP. At last a poster with balls and logic.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

.  Nobody questions why photocopies are our responsibility do they?  We have the originals and they inspect them, job done.  

Is there any risk in that little shops could have copies of all our personal data? 

Well is there any risk? I don’t know what it is but “identity theft” seems to be a problem in some countries. Could my bank account numbers, balances, passport details etc be of use to someone? 

13 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Well is there any risk? I don’t know what it is but “identity theft” seems to be a problem in some countries. Could my bank account numbers, balances, passport details etc be of use to someone? 

I don't know, send them all to me and I will see what I can do. Only joking of course, but likely you would prefer not to give me such details. And fair enough too, are immigration worthy?

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The price is obviously not the issue.

then why the post? Seems to be all about a couple of baht leading you to feel as you are discriminated against... you seem way too sensitive. You must freak out in a supermarket where prices change regularly... 

Edited by kenk24
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My point is that all other police departments/govt. depts. do offer this service for a reasonable charge. 

My immigration even had the nerve to ask for tips, which many Thais on social media were disgusted about, while clueless foreigners put money into it. 

If allowed, i can provide rhe Facebook link.

I don't have enough contact with the police to know what they charge for making copies. I notice you have not mentioned what immigration office you use. I suspect they're picking on you because they don't like you. From other comments I gather there is no uniformity nationwide. I make mine at home before going to extend my stay, but several years ago forgot and the civilian clerk made them (several pages from my passport) for 20 baht. You're supposed to bring the copies with you, I believe, so I didn't feel exploited. Every Immigration Officer I've dealt with has been pleasant and helpful. I really don't get why some posters have so many problems with Immigration, and hate Thailand so much, and others, like me, never seem to have any difficulties.

Edited by Acharn
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

then why the post? Seems to be all about a couple of baht leading you to feel as you are discriminated against... you seem way too sensitive. You must freak out in a supermarket where prices change regularly... 

Chalk and cheese. At least in a supermarket you're not discriminated against.

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Anything more than 1 baht is scandalous and should be reported.

This discrimination against foreigners, and illegal.

I think you have some problems with regards to prices, we make copies for the Thai here and ask for 2 Baht, do a little calculation, paper, copier, ink and electricity, then maybe change your mind!
Don't talk about scandal if you don't even know what it is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 30la said:

I think you have some problems with regards to prices, we make copies for the Thai here and ask for 2 Baht, do a little calculation, paper, copier, ink and electricity, then maybe change your mind!
Don't talk about scandal if you don't even know what it is!

Perhaps look up 'irony'......

• Haha 1