Weird Experience With Vietnam Immigration

On 12/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, PhilipL said:

Also the fact that someone who have a job as an immigration officer doesn't seem to know the name of some countries around the world kind of surprised me.

What did you expect ? Are you new in Asia for no knowing that these people know nothing and are proud to be clueless and/or idiots ?

15 hours ago, rech said:

What did you expect ? Are you new in Asia for no knowing that these people know nothing and are proud to be clueless and/or idiots ?

Same as in just about any other country, Government workers are not a true representation of the general population. The Vietnamese are the second largest group of foreign workers in Japan (next to #1 the Chinese) but they are the fastest growing number of any particular group.  Highly motivated, they have proven themselves to be smart and efficient workers. From a personal experience, a woman I know who works in Saigon was able to teach herself Malay, Mandarin, French and English  . In the U.S. I know many who were able to teach themselves valuable business and technical skills in order to improve their ability to support their families and community. 

Vietnamese workers rose the most in percentage terms, with an increase of 32% over the past year.

Workforce.png

I once told a Chinese IO that I was from England and she spent the next half hour looking for the 'English Passports' on her computer, despite me telling her every 30 seconds that she should be looking for UK, like it said on the front of my passport..........

No dear, not Eritrea, Ethiopia, Estonia, Egypt.....UK! She finally found UK on my Resi Permit and all was well.

Still, half of the people in the UK don't know the difference between England, GB and UK.

2 hours ago, Ondral said:

Legos, man, freaking Legos!  Legos are awesome! 

Until you stand on one, barefoot... in the dark.

2 hours ago, Ondral said:

(And those delicious cookies in the tin I always buy around Christmas time.)

The world famous Danish Butter Cookies are virtually unknown in Denmark.

Archived