BANGKOK
Inderpland

Luggage straps

Where they sell luggage,  they sell the straps also, maybe not the ones with combi lock but definitely others.

I use them for two functions: one is double security about broken/ twisted locks from all the careful baggage handling, two is recognition factor on luggage belt 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, torturedsole said:

What is their purpose as always confused me as to what the actual function achieves?  Serious question.

Hold the suitcase together / protect it from splitting open if the bag is poorly handled.

Bought 2 just recently at Big C Chiang Mai, 150Baht each with rolling locks as per the photo..

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Hold the suitcase together / protect it from splitting open if the bag is poorly handled.

But I've yet to see in my many years of travelling a case come out on the carousel that's fallen apart.  Just an observation.  

37 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Bought 2 just recently at Big C Chiang Mai, 150Baht each with rolling locks as per the photo..

OK, I'll give Big C here in Pattaya a try.

7 hours ago, Inderpland said:

OK, I'll give Big C here in Pattaya a try.

At Big C here in Chiang Mai they often have n extra display of suitcases in the heavy walking area but the straps were in the normal area where the suitcases are displayed, a bit out of the way of heavy walking traffic.

10 hours ago, torturedsole said:

But I've yet to see in my many years of travelling a case come out on the carousel that's fallen apart.  Just an observation.  

I have seen quite a few, that presumably were tightly packed and had burst open pop up the ramp onto the carousel. Once it was mine!

Boggles the minds that someone, literally, find it difficult to figure out what those straps are for, no offence yes?...

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Inderpland said:

Looking for luggage straps in Pattaya.

Why not just get them from Lazada as shown in the screenshot ?  they deliver to your door  can pay "Cash on Delivery"

(for most stuff)

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I have seen quite a few,

me also

• Like 1

Being a regular traveller I can tell you that luggage straps are not much use, the clip holding them together break very easily and in addition the luggage conveyor belts at airports catch them and rip them off.

Far better for security and helping the case hinges are plastic Zip-ties...very strong and will not break, the best place to buy the slightly larger zip ties is at the basement of TukCom.

3 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

Being a regular traveller I can tell you that luggage straps are not much use, the clip holding them together break very easily and in addition the luggage conveyor belts at airports catch them and rip them off.

Far better for security and helping the case hinges are plastic Zip-ties...very strong and will not break, the best place to buy the slightly larger zip ties is at the basement of TukCom.

Or even the clingfilm machines which look more reliable than luggage straps.  Although I reckon customers actually use the clingfilm machines to reduce the risk of scratching and oil deposits on their expensive cases rather than keeping them intact.  

14 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Try the shop called DIY... one in the Avenue too. The selection at HomePro is good too. 

• Like 1

Got a couple last time from the Outlet Mall in corner of Sukhumvit and Thepprasit. There's a few places selling suit cases there, basement floor.