Bentley Bangkok

snoop1130

The automotive sector is no longer what it used to be. The interesting cars to drive were built from the 60s to the 90s, the rest is a crenellated electronics. Even historic brands like Bentley have now sold their souls to the devil, producing four-wheel manholes. 
If I were a British, I would try the way to import handcrafted cars like Caterham and other kit cars, or maybe a beautiful Lotus Elise first model. Cars to drive, for lovers of real driving, without stupid electronics.

21 hours ago, thequietman said:

In Thailand??? Give me a break. 

Anyone with that kind of cash, you can be sure that it came from not so legal means. (Corruption) ????

Nonsense. I know several very wealthy business families. The basis of their wealth was established several generations ago. Each successive generation has added to the wealth. Now they can easily afford such cars and do - Bentleys, Masseratis, Porches, Lambourghinis etc etc.

There are probably around 4-600 extended families in Thailand that have a very very large fortune. Some shrewder than others and growing the wealth.

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Irrelevant how it’s earned , any way you pick it’s hard work. Even stealing money from the bank or selling drugs or fraud is all hard work. 

Not to mention choosing the right family to be born into.  That can wear you out.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Despite popular beliefs, yes, keeping the money is just as hard as making it 

Still, being born into a family where the sum total of a kid's financial woes is to keep from squandering the family billions is hardly an indicator of savvy or hard work.  As Baerboxer pointed out, most rich Thais (as in most countries) are generations separated from the wealth they spend on toys like Bentleys.

7 hours ago, zhounan said:

The automotive sector is no longer what it used to be. The interesting cars to drive were built from the 60s to the 90s, the rest is a crenellated electronics. Even historic brands like Bentley have now sold their souls to the devil, producing four-wheel manholes. 

Thank God it's not what it used to be.  My current soccer mom van (Toyota Sienna) is faster than all but the hottest cars of the '70's, handles better, and gets 2-3x the miles per gallon.

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Still, being born into a family where the sum total of a kid's financial woes is to keep from squandering the family billions is hardly an indicator of savvy or hard work.  As Baerboxer pointed out, most rich Thais (as in most countries) are generations separated from the wealth they spend on toys like Bentleys.

No doubt, being born into money is a bonus, but the point was making such money and keeping such money is hard work and lots of pressures, which may not be visible to naked eye, but rest assured their lives are not like the movies.

Just a small example for you, one of my really good school mates is from a billionaire family, dollars not baht. All his life growing up, he had to make an appointment to see his father.Throughout entire childhood he spent his entire time coming up with ideas to get attention, getting a brand new sports car at the age of 17 and racing with police car.

At 20, buying $260000 Porsche just to drive it straight into a wall.

At 25, deciding to be Hollywood actor, getting father to invest $80 000 000 into a movie where he will star and list of stupid things goes on.

20 years later, family is no longer on billionaire list, certainly was not because of the son, my friend, but he sure did contribute few hundred million of losses ????

18 hours ago, madhav said:

My point is that it is possible to save 15 million baht and get a new X5 xDrive 45e and you could have a very comfortable suv. With a simple ecu tune can easily get even the same power as that Bentley Bentayga SUV.  

An X5, it doesn´t matter which model, is 3 levels under a Bentley (ok, but looks better). You better compare it with a Mercedes GLS AMG 63 or a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. Much cheaper. But if I would have the money I would buy the Lamborghini Urus. Exotic too but much better looking than the Bentley.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

No doubt, being born into money is a bonus, but the point was making such money and keeping such money is hard work and lots of pressures, which may not be visible to naked eye, but rest assured their lives are not like the movies.

Just a small example for you, one of my really good school mates is from a billionaire family, dollars not baht. All his life growing up, he had to make an appointment to see his father.Throughout entire childhood he spent his entire time coming up with ideas to get attention, getting a brand new sports car at the age of 17 and racing with police car.

At 20, buying $260000 Porsche just to drive it straight into a wall.

At 25, deciding to be Hollywood actor, getting father to invest $80 000 000 into a movie where he will star and list of stupid things goes on.

20 years later, family is no longer on billionaire list, certainly was not because of the son, my friend, but he sure did contribute few hundred million of losses

You're confusing money issues with parenthood issues.  A family with a billion dollars could put it in treasuries, make $15-20 million a year off the (very passive, virtually risk free) interest alone and spend 100% of their time doting on the kids.  That's more than 200 average parents make slaving away at <deleted> jobs, with little time or energy left for the kids.  Yet, most of them seem to do better for their families.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:52 PM, impulse said:

You're confusing money issues with parenthood issues.  A family with a billion dollars could put it in treasuries, make $15-20 million a year off the (very passive, virtually risk free) interest alone and spend 100% of their time doting on the kids.  That's more than 200 average parents make slaving away at <deleted> jobs, with little time or energy left for the kids.  Yet, most of them seem to do better for their families.

Someone who would be happy to just passively invest a billion dollars so he can have some free time isn't likely to have a billion dollars in the first place.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:41 PM, Boricua67 said:

Anyone who has that kind of money, most likely earned it.

Most people who have that kind of money were born into a wealthy family.

Only very few people make it from rice farmer in isaan to billionaire through hard work.

On 12/2/2019 at 7:57 PM, Boricua67 said:

Good for whoever can afford a car like this. So many haters. I love how people look at me with envy when I'm driving my 2008 Mercedes Benz S550. It just fuels my desire to make more money and buy nicer stuff and flaunt it in the faces of people who are too lazy or too dumb to make as much money as me. And let me say that I really don't make that much money.

_DSC4436.NEF 27.68 MB · 32 downloads

Yeh, a 6 grand car. They must be soooooo envious - NOT!  ????

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-55521438/?i=0&m=sp

On 12/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, Denim said:

Price aside , I think its ugly. Looks like somebody sat on it.

Can think of better looking cars for the money.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:13 PM, atyclb said:

...the car used in this article does injustice to bentley as it looks like an overstretched aston martin/jaguar with huge doors. looks way too long to be practical

Don't worry about it, you can't buy the one pictured at the top of the article, it's obviously a concept.  Mulsanne, Continental, Flying Spur and Bentayga are the only Bentleys available in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:
On 12/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, Denim said:

Price aside , I think its ugly. Looks like somebody sat on it.

Can think of better looking cars for the money.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:13 PM, atyclb said:

...the car used in this article does injustice to bentley as it looks like an overstretched aston martin/jaguar with huge doors. looks way too long to be practical

Don't worry about it, you can't buy the one pictured at the top of the article, it's obviously a concept.  Mulsanne, Continental, Flying Spur and Bentayga are the only Bentleys available in Thailand.

was quite happy with the last car i owned, a mitsubishi 3000gt vr4 aka gto. performance like lower end ferrari, comfortable inside and hatchback could easily carry surfboards with rear seats down.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:16 PM, CNXexpat said:

An X5, it doesn´t matter which model, is 3 levels under a Bentley (ok, but looks better). You better compare it with a Mercedes GLS AMG 63 or a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. Much cheaper. But if I would have the money I would buy the Lamborghini Urus. Exotic too but much better looking than the Bentley.

I know that Bentley is a exclusive brand, I have watched a documentary on how they are made and they are definitely impressive. However I really don’t care so much for all that, they are simply too expensive. 

The engine in the new X5 is actually really decent for the money. Can be so easily modified to make huge power. Many bolt on parts. The car itself is perfectly comfortable and practical.

You can buy used luxury cars in Florida. The wealthy hold on to them for 1-3 years then dump them. Lots of Bentley's, Mercedes. Cheap too bc who wants to pay for service?

Owning a nice car in Thailand is stupid. Someone will hit you then your lovely toy is never quite the same and who wants a car that's been in an accident (resale)?

Archived