BANGKOK
snoop1130

75 brands to stop providing plastic bags from January 1

7 minutes ago, wayned said:

And many years ago the reason we stopped using paper bags was to save all of the trees that were being cut down to make them!  If we hadn't switched to paper back then today's environmental situation would be far worse than it is now!

Now they recycle paper. 

6 minutes ago, wayned said:

Not everbody lives in an area where delivery is avaiable and the daily outdoor markets certainly won't deliver.

Then send your wife or maid to do the groceries 🤣

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, khunbillmex said:

Last week at Tops/Central Plaza Kohn Kaen on No Bag Day each register had an ample supply of cardboard cartons for customers to load their groceries in. My guess is that these cartons would be normally be recycled in bulk by Tops but as one-offs to the customer they would just get tossed, Nice try to be helpful but going in the wrong direction.

It has to start somewhere and shopping habits have to change.

It is-as Pavlov-once pointed out about changing patterns of behaviour which you can do.

Even my Thai wife (Pavlov would have despaired about Thai wives.😅) has her little collection of enviro-bags.

2 hours ago, engamann said:

Yinn its not the plastic bag that are the problem , im from Scandinavia and you almost 

not see any plastic bag in the streets , the woods , the ocean etc etc because from when 

we are child we learn to put the garebage in the garebage bin its not so hard.

Then where it go? The bin eat it? Or not?

2 hours ago, engamann said:

this is wrong , maybe your Thai goverment actualy should start teach the Thai people 

What this story subject? Is start already.

If you don't receive a free plastic bag, don't shop any more at this place. 

Sure they will be devastated. 

They are distressed at Immigration as well, due to all the people who left Thailand because of the rules changing. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zydeco said:

She'll wipe that grin right off her face when she needs to carry three or four of those paper bags some 300 or 400 meters to a taxi.

Can just use this one. Every supermarket in Thailand have. 

Is very clever....same Yinn do.

5D84AE00-F210-4E28-85FC-6B460180A7CC.jpeg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe because I live deep in the countryside? Perhaps you think I should get a horse, but then you'd say their farts pollute the environment.

Yes, I want you to change the conditions under which you live. In fact, I demand it.  Just as you and others are demanding that I change mine. Currently, I walk the 6 km round trip to my local Foodland. This is made possible because I can carry three or four plastic bags all at the same time. I don't drive a car or truck, so my three or four bags contribute far less to the carbon footprint than your paper bags which you transport via internal combustion engine. It's the same way for a lot of Thais around my area. They can tie up three or four plastic bags on a bicycle and never pollute with an engine or contribute to traffic snarls and large parking lots, which themselves are environmentally destructive. Sorry you live in the countryside. I'll stop telling you how to live your life when you stop telling me how to live mine.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Wait when your paper bag breaks and all your shopping is all over the road, then come back and tell me how well you survive

Buy your own shopping bag the same as everyone else.😬

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Can just use this one. Every supermarket in Thailand have. 

Is very clever....same Yinn do.

5D84AE00-F210-4E28-85FC-6B460180A7CC.jpeg

Can't get it up the escalator from the bottom floor to the taxi stand at Central Pinklao.

5 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Can't get it up the escalator from the bottom floor to the taxi stand at Central Pinklao.

Need this one.

63796953-D081-4D6E-85FD-75B9CA994DED.jpeg

EF93CDF4-2965-440E-AE2A-F9E32C562D7C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Then where it go? The bin eat it? Or not?

What this story subject? Is start already.

Strangely enough you will be receiving my vote for POTY purely on the baasis of your concern for the environment. 

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

If you don't receive a free plastic bag, don't shop any more at this place. 

Sure they will be devastated. 

They are distressed at Immigration as well, due to all the people who left Thailand because of the rules changing. 

Hmmm.....no more free plastic bags for you fella...,

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Yinn said:

Need this one.

63796953-D081-4D6E-85FD-75B9CA994DED.jpeg

EF93CDF4-2965-440E-AE2A-F9E32C562D7C.jpeg

That would be nice. But it's a moving ramp, not an escalator with steps. Not only that but the escalator at Central Pinklao requires you to walk up a short flight of stairs to get to the escalator. Look, I really wish it were possible to directly move everything to the taxi from the store. But they system, in many places, is simply not constructed for that. 

• Like 1