Looking for a good architect

pferdy62

Can anyone recommend a good architect firm that can draw up the plans for a larger than usual house from my simple CAD drawings?

The rooms will be much larger than the standard 4 metres, so I need architects that can do all of the structural design calculations to make sure that the building will be strong enough.

My Nephew is an architect, drew us a design implementing exactly what we wanted; problem here though is the builders. Even with a written plan, blueprint and specifications, getting what you want is the real chore. On a recent addition we kept hearing from the site foreman, " it looks better this way. " 

there are a million house plans online, for a song...your ideas are nothing unique.  Building a custom house with specialized tastes here is a great way to get a lot of headaches, and loose about twenty percent in value, the day you move in..if your building doesn't add value,as in more than the cost of the house...it is an exercise in futility.  Unless you have millions and simply don't care...but it will still be a nightmare dealing with the tomallow gang.  

Hello Moontang The design will be a one-off project to meet a specific need.

What is important to me right now is to find a good architect that can prepare the drawings so that it can be built.  I have worked on two house construction projects so I have a little experience in all of the things that can happen during construction.

I'll ask the original question again.  Can anyone recommend a good architect firm that can draw up the plans for a larger than usual house from my simple CAD drawings?

2 hours ago, pferdy62 said:

I'll ask the original question again.  Can anyone recommend a good architect firm that can draw up the plans for a larger than usual house from my simple CAD drawings?

This is part of my house plans showing a 10 meter span and 8 metre span with no supporting pillars it is 1 of about 16 sectional drawings if that looks suitable I can ask if they would be interested in drawing up plans for you. I have no idea if they will since they will not get the building  job. You will need to give me a rough idea of the size and number of rooms.

1967D450-B54B-4455-BA86-6F76438F0E45.jpeg.400ea9265b783570853dc9812d20b80b.jpeg

please reply by PM

Archived